All adventure packs are free for a limited time! Until April 23, use the code
DUNGEONCRAWL in the DDO Store to unlock a plethora of free quests!
More info: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-free-dungeoncrawl
Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Update 57 Release Notes
Update 57: Grip of the Hidden Hand Release Notes
Here are the release notes for Update 57, released on Wednesday, November 9, 2022.
Of Special Note:
New Quest Pack: Grip of the Hidden Hand
The story of the Planar Eyes continues in a new quest pack - FREE to VIPs! Finish collecting the Planar Eyes for Morgrave University for a wealthy benefactor before the Cult of the Hidden Hand meddles in your plans. This new adventure pack offers five new quests for levels 16 in Heroic and 33 in Legendary! Visit the Lower Quad of Morgrave University, which can be accessed via the Sharn Clifftop Tower District, to get started!
News and Notes:
- An Imbue is a new type of toggle in DDO that adds extra damage to your attacks. This extra damage can be specific to certain weapon types, certain combat styles, or it can also be focused on melee or ranged.
- Imbues scale their damage with bonus Imbue Dice, although Imbues can also scale with things like Melee or Ranged Power.
- You can only have one Imbue active at a time. Turning on a new Imbue will turn the existing Imbue off.
- Many former procs from existing abilities in class enhancement trees have been changed to Imbues. Benefits that previously boosted proc damage now generally boost Imbue dice.
- (Vile Chemist Core 2) - 1d8 Poison Damage, poison spell power
- (Vile Chemist Core 2) +1 Dice per 3 Alchemist Levels - max 6 dice
- (Vile Chemist Core 4) +1 Dice (replaces dice change)
- (Vile Chemist Core 5) +1 Dice (replaces dice change)
- (Vile Chemist Core 6) +2 Dice (replaces dice change)
- (Battle Engineer Tier 3) 1d6 Electric damage, electric spellpower (fills in missing t3)
- (Battle Engineer - Agility Engine t4) +1/2/3 Dice with a runearm equipped
- (Battle Engineer - Unlock Potential t5) +1 Dice with a runearm equipped
- The spell Elemental Weapons now grants +1 alchemical bonus to Imbue Dice (note this is still exclusive with other weapon enchantment spells)
- The spell Greater Elemental Weapons now grants +2 alchemical bonus to Imbue Dice (note this is still exclusive with other weapon enchantment spells)
- (Frenzied Berserker Core 2) 1d8 Bane Damage - Melee Power scaling only
- (Frenzied Core 4) +3 dice while Death Frenzy is active
- (Warchanter Tier 3) 1d6 Cold Damage on hit, cold spellpower
- (Swashbuckler Tier 3) 1d6 Sonic Damage on hit, scaling wit Sonic Spellpower (note: this was the sonic on-crit thing)
- (Warchanter) Each core beyond the first grants +1 Dice
- (Swashbuckler Tier 4) Music Box now grants +1 Imbue dice
- (Dark Apostate Tier 1) 1d6 Evil damage, evil spellpower
- (Warpriest Tier 4) 1d6 Fire damage, fire spellpower - replaces t4 active attack
- (Warpriest) Core 2, 4, 5 grant +1 Dice
- (Warpriest T5) Wrathful Weapons now grants +3 dice instead of its separate proc, and turns your Fire Imbue to Light for the duration
- (Dark Apostate) Tiers 2, 3, 4 grant +1 Dice
- (Dark Apostate) Tier 5 grants +2 Dice
- (Dark Apostate) Core 3, 5, 6 grant +1 Dice
- (Automatically granted when you choose Fire or Water Elemental Form) 1d6 Fire or Cold, elemental form locked, spellpower scaling
- Elemental Forms now grant a flat +3 Dice
- Favored Soul:
- (Warsoul Tier 4) 1d6 Fire damage, fire spellpower - replaces t4 active attack
- (Warsoul) Cores 2, 4, 5 grant +1 Dice
- (Warsoul T5) Wrathful Weapons now grants +3 dice instead of its separate proc, and turns your Fire Imbue to Light for the duration
- (Ninja Spy Tier 3) 1d6 Poison Damage, melee or ranged power, also continues to do its regular Ninja Poison on-crit stuff
- (Henshin Mystic Tier 3) 1d6 Fire, plus an additional 1d6 Force on crit, melee or ranged power
- (Henshin Mystic) Each core grants +1 Dice
- (Knight of the Chalice Core 1) 1d6 Light Damage on hit, scaling with Melee or Ranged Power
- (Sacred Fist Core 1) 1d6 Fire or Light damage, melee power
- (Sacred Fist) Each core beyond the first grants +1 Dice
- (Sacred Fist) Tier 3, 4 grant +1 Dice each
- (Knight of the Chalice) Each core beyond the first grants +1 Dice
- (Ranger - Tempest) 1d8 Electric, melee or ranged power (Ed: T3 of Tempest, 100% MP only)
- (Ranger - Arcane Archer) 1d8 Fire/Cold/Acid/Electric, appropriate Spell Power
- (Ranger - Arcane Archer) 1d8 Force, force spellpower (Ed: T2 Force Arrows)
- (Arcane Archer) Tiers 2, 3, 4, and 5 grant +2 Dice each
- Note: All other primary Arcane Archer Imbues are also now Imbues in this system.
- (Assassin Tier 1) 1d8 Poison, melee or ranged power (note this swapped places with Toxin Affinity which is now tier 2)
- (Assassin - Toxin Affinity) moves to t2 (swaps with Imbue), +1/2/3 dice
- (Eldritch Knight Core 2) 1d8 Fire/Cold/Acid/Electric, appropriate Spell Power (they get all 4 elements)
- (EK Core 2) +1 Dice per 3 Sorcerer levels, max 6
- (EK Core 4) +1 Dice (replaces dice step change)
- (EK Core 5) +1 Dice (replaces dice step change)
- (EK Core 6) +2 Dice (replaces dice step change) + the proc for +4 temporary dice
- (Enlightened Spirit Tier 4) 1d6 Light, Light spell power (ALSO APPLIES TO ELDRITCH BLASTS, no other toggle does this)
- (Enlightened Spirit Core 5) +3 bonus dice while in Celestial Spirit form
- (Drow - Racial Tree) 1d8 Poison, melee or ranged power (same as Assassin) (Ed: Actually in T4 of tree, d4/d6/d8)
- (Drow - Racial Tree) +1 dice in tier 3, 4 (new enhancements, fills in missing space
- (Shadar-kai Racial Tree) 1d12 Cold on sneak attacks, melee or ranged power
- (Half-Elf - Warlock Dilettante feat) 1d4 Fire damage, fire spellpower, also works on spells!
- (Tiefling - Racial Tree) 1d4 Fire Damage on hit, scaling with Fire Spell Power vs enemies below 75%, upgrades to 1d6 below 50% and again to 1d8 below 25%
- (Tiefling Scoundrel - Racial Tree) 1d4 Sonic Damage on hit, scaling with Sonic Spell Power vs enemies below 75%, upgrades to 1d6 below 50% and again to 1d8 below 25%
- (Inquisitive) 1d8 Law Damage on hit vs chaotic, 1d4 against non-chaotic, Melee or Ranged Power. Tier 5 ugprades can make this 1d8 vs everyone. This scales with 200% ranged power. Known issue: The tooltip for the t5s says 1d6!
- (Inquisitive) Core 4, 5, 6 grant +1 dice each
- (Inquisitive) Tier 2, 4 grant +1 dice each
- (Inquisitive) Tier 5 multiselector grants +1 dice each except for 1 grants +2
- (Embodiment of Law - Destiny Feat) is now: +3 Physical Resistance Rating and Magical Resistance Rating. If you are lawful you also gain +2 Imbue dice.
- (Embodiment of Chaos - Destiny Feat) is now: +2% Doublestrike and Doubleshot. If you are Chaotic, you also gain +2 Imbue dice.
- (Enhanced Elemental Dice - Destiny Feat) +1 Dice
- (Scion of the Feywild - Legendary Feat) +3 Dice
- (Scion of the Plane of Earth - Legendary Feat) +3 Dice
- (Scion of the Plane of Fire - Legendary Feat) +3 Dice
- (Scion of the Plane of Water - Legendary Feat) +3 Dice
- (Scion of the Plane of Air - Legendary Feat) +3 Dice
- (Scion of Arborea) +1 Dice
- (Offhand Versatility) - Orb/Runearm gains +1 Imbue dice
- Shiradi Champion mantle gains 1d77 per 7 bonus dice - this is not an Imbue toggle BUT gains benefits from your Imbue dice!
- Draconic Tier 3 now grants +1/2/3 Dice
- Crusade! buff in Divine Crusader now grants +1 dice
- Ghost Touch in LD is now "Esoteric Touch" and grants both Ghost Touch and +1 Imbue Dice
- Shared Mantle in PA now also grants +3 Imbue Dice while within the PA Mantle
- Filigree Set Bonuses that used to give a scaling Imbue on-hit now give bonus Dice, with some granting +1 and some granting +2 depending on if they also granted things beyond the on-hit damage
- Augments from Hunt or Be Hunted Raid now give +1 Enhancement bonus to bonus Dice
- Certain Set Bonuses get +1 Dice in heroics, +2 in epics, +3 in legendary (artifact typed):
- Profane Experiment
- Echoes of the Waking Ancestors
- Crypt Raider
- Pain Touch 1 and 2 from Ravager have had their small on-hit proc replaced with +5 Melee Power.
- Death Frenzy now grants +6 Strength since regular Frenzy is losing its Strength bonus.
- Divine Crusader's Law of the Divine still deals 1d6 Law damage on hit per epic/legendary level, but its Vulnerability and Armor Piercing benefits have moved over into Bring Down Wrath so that the enhancement is more usable for people not using shields, and also so you can get the debuffs without needing the Feat slot. Note that the Embodiment of Chaos upgrade in Fury is unchanged by this pass.
- Rather than the upgrade for Tempest's Lightning Stance increasing base damage, the base toggle now is the Imbue and the upgrade grants the full +30% absorption.
- Iced Edges is now 1 rank and is no longer a prerequisite of the rest of the ice line.
Changes have been made to hit points in classes and enhancement trees with Update 57 to better support newer players and melee character builds in heroic level game play. This includes changes to Class hit dice, updating how heroic durability functions, and much more.
- Epic Defensive Fighting is being replaced by a series of options. The bulk of the Hit Points granted with Epic Defensive Fighting are now distributed in Combat Style Feats and Enhancement Trees, with some changes to Class Hit Dice.
- Replacement Competence bonuses have been spread around enhancement trees, mostly in Tier 5 of melee-focused trees.
- Heroic Durability has been updated to provide +30 Hit Points. In addition, for every melee combat style feat you take (up to four), you gain a 25% bonus to the Hit Points gained from your class levels. Epic and Legendary levels count at half value. This bonus can only stack up to 100%.
- All classes with a Hit Die of d4 have had their Hit Dice increased to d6.
- Bard, Artificer, and Rogues now have a Hit Die of d8.
- Ranger has been increased to d10.
- Tier 5 Chemical Weapon now gets a multiselector called Chemical Body, which grants a 15% Competence bonus to Hit Points along with 10 Melee Power.
- Tier 5 Battle Engineer's Reconstructed Arms and Edges now grant a +20% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to their previous bonuses.
- Tier 5 Regenade Mastermaker's MasterMaker now grants a +20% Competence bonus to maximum Hit Points in addition to its original effects.
- Tier 5 Ravager's Uncanny Balance now gains a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- Tier 5 Frenzied Berserker's Healing or Hurt now grants a +25% Competence bonus to hit points in addition to its original bonuses.
- New Tier 4 - Occult Slayer: Rune Carved Armor - You gain a +25% Competence bonus to maximum Hit Points and +2 to all Saving Throws versus Magic while wearing medium or heavy armor. Costs 2 Action Points.
- Tier 5 Swashbuckler's Second Skin has been updated and has had its Action Point cost reduced to 1. Second Skin now provides +1/2/3 Reflex Saves, +2/4/6 Maximum Dexterity Bonus to Armor Class. Rank 3 grants a +20% Competence bonus to Hit Points.
- Tier 4 On the Mark has had its Action Point cost reduced to 1 per rank.
- Tier 5 Warchanter's Howl of the North now also grants a +20% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- Tier 5 Warpriest's Divine Bastion now grants a +20% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- Class Feat - Cleric Animal Domain's Hit Point bonus has been reduced to 4 Hit Points per level.
- Core 4 - Nature's Warrior - Howl of Winter now grants a passive 5% Primal bonus to maximum Hit Points in addition to its previous effects.
- Tiers 3/4/5 - Nature's Protector - Ursa line's restriction has been updated to be usable by druids in bear form either using shield or wearing medium or heavy armor.
- Class Feat - Stout of Heart has had its Hit Point grant reduced to 4 Hit Points per level.
- Divine Champion no longer increases Threat. Divine Champion also now grants a +20% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its other benefits.
- Tier 5 Kensai - Weapon Master now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points if a melee weapon focus was selected in Core 1 in addition to its original bonuses.
- Tier 5 Stalwart Defender's Thick of Battle has been replaced with a flat passive 100% Threat bonus and now grants 60 Hit Points.
- Tier 5 Against the Odds now grants 60 Hit Points in addition to its original effects.
- Core 4 Stalwart Defender's Stand Fast now grants a +10% Quality bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original effects.
- Tier 5 Block and Cut has been updated to perform a melee attack with your main hand weapon, 2/4/6[W] on Damage. Gain a +10/15/25% Morale bonus to Doublestrike and a +10/15/25 bonus to Armor Class for 5 seconds. Cooldown 10 seconds.
- Tier 3 Stalwart Defender's Defensive Stance has been increased to a +25% Competence bonus at rank 3.
- Tier 5 Vanguard's Brutal Impact now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- New Fighter Perk: Second Wind - Auto granted for fighter level 2. Active this ability to regain 50% of your maximum Hit Points. 15 second cooldown. You can used this once per rest, with an additional charges gained at Fighter levels 4, 8, 12, 16, 20. This can be used while Crowd Controlled. At level 8 Second Wind removes negative effects like the Panacea spell. (Note: This heal will apply as a inflict if your undead or repair if you are a construct)
- New Tier 5 for Henshin Mystic and Ninja Spy: Self Defense - Grants +5 Magical Resistance Rating, MRR Cap and a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points.
- Tier 5 Shintao's Empty Hand Mastery now gets a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original effects.
- Tier 5 Tempest's Dual Perfection now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- Tier 5 Assassin's Light Armor Mastery Rank 3 now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- Tier 5 Acrobat's Staff Specialist now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- Tier 5 Knight of the Chalice's Vigor of Life now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points.
- Tier 5 Vanguard's Brutal Impact now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original bonuses.
- Tier 5 Sacred Fist's Divine Strike has been renamed to Divine Striker, and now grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points in addition to its original effects.
- Tier 3 Tenacious Defense upped to 25%, like Fighter.
- Several changes were made here due to the "shorten" spell range play style going away. Reminder: Any bonus marked "Passive" works if you own the enhancement.
- Knight's Transformation has been updated. While this toggle is active your Base Attack Bonus is increased to equal your character level. When you successfully hit with an Eldritch Strike you gain Knight's Strike: +30 Universal Spell Power and +3% Critical Spell Damage for 30 seconds.
- Improved Knight's Transformation has been updated. While Knight's transformation is active you gain a +1 Competence bonus to your weapon's critical multiplier. When your Eldritch Strike hits you gain the additional bonuses to your Knight's Strike of +3 To Hit, Damage and 3% Doublestrike. Passive Bonus: Gain a +15% Competence bonus to maximum Hit Points, whether the toggle is active or not.
- Knight's Striker: Knight's Strike gains +2 Evocation and Conjuration DCs and +20 Melee Power. Passive: You gain mobile spell casting.
- Knight's Controller: Knight's Strike gains +2 Enchantment DCs, +2 Illusion DCS, +4 Spell Penetration and +20 Melee Power. Passive: You gain mobile spell casting.
- Tier 5's Dangerous has been updated and now has a multisector called Swift. Dangerous now provides +10 Melee Power and a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points. Swift: +3 Reflex Saving Throws or 10 Ranged Power.
- A new enhancement has been added called Grudge Bearer, which is a multiselector off of Whirling Blades that grants a +25% Competence bonus to Hit Points. Costs 2 Action Points.
Improved Natural Fighting: Wolf form's Competence bonus has been increased from 15% to 20%.
Other Gameplay Changes
- Falconry's mechanics have been revised slightly for playability:
- Falcon Pet will now automatically soar up when any combat starts and return when combat is over. It will no longer go up and return after each strike but will stay aloft ready to strike as the combat continues.
- The shared cooldown on all Falconry attacks has been reduced from 3.5 seconds to 1.3 seconds.
- Falcon attack effects will now occur more quickly after each button press.
- Falconry Melee/Ranged attack animations will now be affected by speed increases such as haste.
- The level 1 Bolt spells no longer share a cooldown.
- Wading through shallow water is now a bit faster when moving forward (about the speed it would be if you jump skipped.)
- The spell Longstrider now makes you ignore the effects of shallow water.
- Scorpions no longer burrow unless they are bosses or mini bosses and will only due so to close the distance.
- Phase spiders will no longer phase as much when going toe to toe in melee.
- Monsters will now cast Tactical Detonation on a longer cooldown.
- Fixed an issue that was causing player abilities to sometimes break when the player was rapidly hitting other actions or even the action itself (if it was just coming off cooldown.)
- Barbarian Fatigue no longer applies erroneously with Tireless Rage.
- Grandmaster of Flowers Core 4 now provides its proper Hit Point and Spell Resistance bonuses.
- Razorclaw Shifter can now use Whirlwind Attack with a better animation.
- Dark Apostate's Enhanced Curse 3 now applies more reliably.
- Condemnation and Acceptance in Divine Disciple now correctly grants Spell Critical Damage instead of Spell Power.
- Divine Disciple core 5 now properly boosts alignment spells.
- Numerous spells have now properly been marked as Alignment and Divine Spells.
- Negative Energy Adept in Pale Master no longer requires Wizard level 4.
- A variety of abilities that use the Whirlwind Attack animation now properly scale with your attack speed (Exalted Whirlwind, Avenging Whirlwind, Arcane Tempest.)
- Purge the Wicked in Divine Crusader now correctly doubles your critical confirmation bonus and critical damage.
- Ride the Lightning in Stormsinger now gives its intended bonus.
- The Night Revels Spectral Dragon dungeon skulls now hit for their correct damage.
- Be the Whirlwind from Fury of the Wild now works with the Whirlwind feat correctly again.
- Several Stances such as Power Attack and Combat Expertise no longer put all spells on cooldown.
- The Path of Light feat is now properly awarded to Bladeforged (although the Lord of Blades will be very sad if you choose to forsake him.)
- Force in Tandem from Feydark Illusionist now correctly lasts through death.
- Primal Avatar's Spells are now appropriately leveled and therefore some of them work vs liches.
- Certain XP elixirs now function more reliably and no longer have a minimum level of 20 erroneously.
- Razorclaw Shifters using Smite Evil will use better animations.
- Players will no longer see "an invalid item has been removed from your inventory" when receiving an auto-consume item like Astral Shards.
- Items can now be organized within the tabs of the Reincarnation Bank.
- Items can now be moved from the Reincarnation Bank to the Personal and Shared bank. If you attempt to move a Bound to Character item to the Shared bank, it will fail and the item will be placed at the top of the Main tab of the Reincarnation Bank.
- A variety of typos and text errors have been corrected.
- Spell components now have a type and number tag at the front of their name to help them sort in the DDO Store, player inventories, and elsewhere more easily.
- Feats with skill requirements now display those requirements better in their tooltips.
- Players will no longer be given a confirm dialog when looting an item that is bind on acquire when in a party with only Hirelings.
- The Bank system's tab rename button has been updated and is now a button labeled "Rename".
- When closing a Bank panel other than the Shared Bank, remaining panels will remain active. When the Shared Bank is closed all other bank windows are closed. If the player does not have the Shared Bank enabled, the shared bank can be closed, but any other bank panel being closed, will close the rest.
Source: Official U57.0.0 release notes on DDO.com