Update 50 Patch 4 Release Notes
Here are the release notes for Update 50.4, released on Thursday, October 14th, 2021.
Of Special Note
The Night Revels has returned!
The Night Revels event is back with changes for 2021 along with new rewards! This year, players will no longer need to gather Night Revels Keys by running in the Delera's Graveyard landscape, although they can continue to do so if they wish. A new Champion type that only appears when Night Revels is active called the Shadow of Mabar can be found in quests when running on Hard difficulty and above. Defeating these Champions provides a chance for a chest to appear which contain Pieces of Darkest Chocolate and sometimes a Night Revels Key. Additionally, there is a small chance to find Darkest Chocolate or Night Revels Keys in any chest inside of a quest while the event is active.
Once you have acquired a key, enter The Crypt through Delera's Graveyard in House Jorasco to run one of this year's Night Revels quests and earn ingredients that can be bartered with Joe Candymaker outside of Delera's Graveyard for various rewards. Additionally, players can purchase Night Revels Keys and Elixirs of Spooky Luck in the DDO Store. The Elixir of Spooky Luck provides a +10% chance to find Night Revels ingredients in chests for one hour. Night Revels begins on October 14th and runs through November 2nd! This year's new rewards include new cosmetic items, a new color of Reaper's Platemail, Cloak and Helm, and a +2 Festive Bonus to Constitution Augment. NOTE: Ingredients from the 2019/2020 Night Revels events have now spoiled. The Night Revels candy rewards are no longer available, although we hope to bring them back in a future Night Revels.
News and Notes
- Several spell like abilities in the Favored Soul and Eldritch Knight enhancement trees now properly enforce their global cooldown.
- Vistani Knife Fighter's Deadly Blades no longer sticks around for longer than it should.
- Feather Fall augments and items no longer toggle off Warlock's Celestial Spirit
- Sovereign Lightning Strike now works consistently.
- Random and Cannith Crafted loot now have their correct W score.
- A variety of Heroic Red Fens items now have their correct stats and set bonuses.
- The Truthful Bow set now provides its correct amount of Fortification bypass.
- The Mantle of Suulomades set now provides its correct amount of Doublestrike.
- A variety of weapons now have their correct material typing in the durability window.
- Epic Flameward can now be restored at the Legacy Altar of Epic Rituals.
- Several additional options for the Gem of Many Facets have been added.
- Typos have been corrected in some Diversion effects.
- Several scaling alignment-based burst effects now properly change the base alignment of the weapon they are on.
- Mind and Matter set bonuses now provide their listed Magical Resistance Rating cap.
- Deathward now properly protects you from everything that Deathblock does.
- Threads of Fate have had their visuals updated.
- New copies of the Item:Precision Lenses from White Plume Mountain now have their correct version of Manslayer.
- Dripping with Magma now applies on ranged attacks and harmful spellcasts.
- Item:Void, the Endless Cold is now dealing Cold damage again.
- A variety of tooltip errors have been fixed with Set Bonuses
- The Item:Crocodile Maw Handwraps now properly take sentience
- A Nightmare Mount is now available! The Bone Devil Nightmare Mount can be purchased in the DDO Store.
- Various mounts are also now available in the DDO Store.
Quests and Adventure Areas
- The "Boromar Muscle" Dragonborn from Sharn have had their appearances updated so their outfit displays properly.
- Fixed an issue with A Sharn Welcome that could cause a lag delay to occur.
- Creeping Doom and Enveloping Swarm are now internally typed as Acid spells.
- Dragonborn can now properly use the Druid Cold Breath spell.
- Potions can now be used while moving.
- Typos have been corrected in the Altars of Epic and Legendary Rituals.
- Crafting Storage no longer cuts off the maximum capacity if you have a lot of it.
- Pressing Loot All in a chest will now also loot bound but unpassable ingredients such as Threads of Fate and Raid Runes without requiring you to loot them on their own individually.
- Items in your inventory are no longer affected by random durability loss from the combat flow.
- The Jawbreaker cosmetic tower shield mistakenly lists a non-existent recipe for a Jackorb orb cosmetic. Mousing over the entry will show the correct tooltip and players who complete the recipe will receive the cosmetic shield.
- A new Nightmare mount that was intended to be available in Daily Dice is not currently available, and will be added in the near future.