Update 15 Patch 1 Release Notes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to the Update 15 Patch 1 Release Notes for Dungeons & Dragons Online! These release notes were posted on Monday, September 10th, 2012. These notes are subject to changes and additions.
News & Notes
- Many shard recipes have had their Lesser Essence requirements significantly reduced.
- Recipes for Unbound shards now require two-thirds as many Greater Essences.
- The Druid's Aggravate enhancement now displays its proper DR.
- Multiclassed Druid/Monks no longer have their monk unarmed damage die overwrite animal form damage dice.
- NPC links to Menace of the Underdark content now function correctly, and notify players that they can purchase adventure pack content by purchasing one of the Menace of the Underdark bundles.
- Fixed an issue with some warforged Whorl armor kits that caused them to erase currently-equipped armor kits when previewed.
- The Raid Timer Bypass item and Cannith Crafting Essences are now unbound, and can be traded or auctioned.
- Siberys Spirit Cakes that grant additional spell points now grant 600 SP instead of a random amount between 405-600 SP. Older spirit cakes that do not affect hirelings still grant the random amount of 405-600 Spell Points.
- Fixed an issue that caused Hirelings to not get the spell point restoration benefits of Siberys Spirit Cakes when using the "area of effect" resurrection benefit.
- The Fatesinger's Glitter of Fame benefit grants a permanent +1 to Charisma, and the benefit is no longer removed when under 10% Hit Points.
- Active feats from destinies are now properly disabled when changing destiny trees.
- The Grandmaster of Flowers' Perfection of Body (Tier 3), Perfection of Mind (Tier 3), and Perfection of Soul (Tier 3) enhancements now function properly as described, and prevent failure of their appropriate type of saving throw on a natural 1, if a character's total save is higher than the DC of the effect they are saving against.
- The Unyielding Sentinel's Intolerant Blow has been reworked, and now allows a player to spend one Smite Evil to gain +1000% Sacred bonus to threat generation, and deal +1(W) damage. These benefits will last for twelve seconds.
- The Unyielding Sentinel's Confront Any Foe now has a new attack animation, and can hit twice.
- The Draconic Incarnation's Spell Knowledge ability now correctly increases the maximum caster level of appropriate spells at Tier 1.
- The Draconic Incarnation's Dragonhide (Tier 3) benefit now properly prevents Fortitude Save failure on a natural 1 roll if a character's total modifier is high enough to pass the DC of the effect being saved against.
- The Shadowdancer's Executioner's strike now functions properly with any number of Shadow Charges, including more than seven.
- The Fury of the Wild destiny now has sound effects for Adrenaline and Insult.
- Fury of the Wild's Adrenaline benefit no longer works with ranged combat.
- The Shiradi Champion's second rank of Otto's Whistler now lasts for 18 seconds, instead of 8 seconds.
- The Exalted Angel's Embrace the Light ability now correctly reduces light damage by 10% per rank.
- The Exalted Angel's Judgement ability will now (really) no longer kill friendly Pale Masters.
- The Exalted Angel's Smite the Wicked and Strike Down effects now give their correct bonus damage benefit.
- The Legendary Dreadnaut's The Master's Blitz timer has been corrected to 15 seconds.
- The Legendary Dreadnought's Momentum Swing now property states that it requires a weapon in order to be used.
- The Overwhelming Critical feat now affects critical multipliers as described.
- Shael's missing Power Word: Stun icon has been fixed.
- Fixed some high level hirelings that had incorrect icons on their hotbars.
- Exclusive items should no longer "disappear" when a player attempts to move them from a shared bank into their inventory, if the player already has that Exclusive item in their inventory. The items should now return to the shared bank.
- Item Restoration Oil can no longer be used on an invalid item.
- Fixed an issue where Keys of Destiny were only able to be used by VIPs in public areas. These Keys can now be used anywhere.
- Mid-to-high level randomly-generated weapons should no longer rarely have a missing prefix, which could cause the weapons to have a higher minimum level than intended.
- Cormyrian weapons will no longer be able to have effects which increase the DC of tactical feats which they could not benefit from.
- The Drow Maul of the Weaponmaster is now properly treated as a two-handed weapon.
- Wolves and dogs should no longer drop collectibles.
- Jariliths and Hellcats now have reduced knockdown ability, and better AI.
- The Monster Manual requirements for Kobold Hunter have been reduced so that all Hunter deeds can be unlocked.
- Players should no longer get incorrect tooltips stating that a player has completed a Creature Companion reward, when the benefit has not yet been earned.
- Experience Elixirs and Tomes of Learning now apply their bonuses to Monster Manual deeds.
- Players no longer need to log out and back in to have their newly-purchased Monster Manuals added to their Monster Manual.
- Several missing monsters from the Prologue have now been added.
- Top tier account slayer rewards now award 35 Turbine Points.
- Removed several unkillable humans from the Monster Manual.
- Fixed several text errors in the Ghoul, Skeleton, Wolf, Wraith, and Zombie lore descriptions.
- Added several new dialog options for the Fatespinner to help explain some Epic Destiny concepts.
- The Grandmaster of Flowers' Everything is Nothing ability can no longer target players in PvP zones.
Quests, Challenges, Events, and Adventure Areas
- Pit spike traps no longer deal more damage than intended on Epic Hard and Elite difficulties.
- Dragonshards no longer drop in the Forgotten Realms.
Beyond the Rift
- Players can now return to the Demonweb from the Underdark.
Caught in the Web
- Fixed a stuck spot.
- The priestess, bebilith, and necomancer now communicate better when they realize that they are not alone.
- Lolth should now be easier to hit in melee combat.
The Druid's Curse
- Added missing audio for Halsaime's evil monologue.
- The timing of Halsaime's dialogue should no longer overlap.
- Halsaime's minions now scale properly to make soloing this fight more feasible.
- Fixed several typos in the quest journal and in-quest text.
- The NPC Juhni now repeats her warning when interacted with.
- The chests in the "Great Tree" and "Defenseless" challenges no longer share a ransack timer.
- Jura Falx has discovered how to properly sit down.
- Removed a possible stuck spot bettween a house and a rock wall.
- Rusty pipes will no longer fail to break sometimes.
House of Broken Chains
- Slaver pens are now Meteor-Swarm-proof, and function better.
House of Rusted Blades
- Fixed a text issue when Rust Ichor is applied to sword racks.
- Players will no longer become stuck if their hirelings teleport into the armory with you.
Mabar, Festival of Endless Night
- Created several new monsters for the event.
- Adjusted some monster spawn ratios.
- The festival now scales up to level 25.
- Undead giants no longer knock players back, and are less glitchy.
- Red Musk Zombies now look better in their focus orbs.
- The DM voice and text now match when a patient is cured.
- The title on Garstrom's ox-cart now matches both in-game and in the map window.
- Jussko Kwahn no longer kites the Dryad out of her chamber.
- Jussko Kwahn's missing audio has been restored.
- Jussko Kwahn is now better at standing up from a crouching position.
- The Dryad boss now has some help.
- The optional objective timer has been slightly increased for Elite difficulty.
The Ruined Keep
- The chests in "The Sunset Ritual" and "The Daybreak Ritual" no longer share a ransack timer.
- It is no longer possible to obtain multiple Ballista parts from one source in the challenge.
- Fixed an "invisible wall" that existed while in the Daydream state.
Thorn and Paw
- Destroying plant nodules from a distance can no longer prevent the quest from being able to be completed.
- The Den Mother no longer has brackets under her name.
- Kiting the Den Mother can no longer break the quest.
- An audio issue preventing the sound of a waterfall from playing has been fixed.
- Players can no longer reach the injured druid until the last nodule and all bosses have been defeated.
- The Campaign System now only tells a player to use the cart after the quest has been accepted.
Tomb of the Shadow Lord
- A Crude Altar that was previously selectable but not usable can now be used.
- Fixed an issue that prevented characters from selecting a third class with a +Lesser or +Greater Heart of Wood, if they had two classes and Epic levels.
- The Earthquake spell will have a smaller impact when used against players (by Wood Woads, for example.)
- Tenser's Transformation has been changed to the following effects: You gain a +4 Alchemical bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution, a +6 Alchemical bonus to Armor Class, and proficiency with all simple and martial weapons. Your Base Attack Bonus equals your character level. Your spellcasting ability is reduced, resulting in a -2 penalty to all spell DC's, -2 to your rolls to bypass enemy Spell Resistance, and doubling the cooldown of your spells.
- The Druid spell Cold Breath no longer causes more damage than listed, and now has its proper max level set at level 15.
- The Druid spell Freezing Spray is now affected by the Enlarge, Quicken, Extend, and Heighten Metamagic feats.
- Summon Nature's Ally II-IX now shows the correct spell point cost on the base spell. This was a display issue only.
- The targeting orb should no longer appear when Alt+Z is pressed to remove UI elements from the screen.
- Fixed an issue with the focus orb image for crafting devices that could cause a delay in loading their recipes.
- Eveningstar Challenge Recipes for deconstructing handwraps and hand axes now show their correct icons.
- The Max Dex portion of the armor tooltip will now reflect feat-based bonuses.
- Fixed an issue where some conversation boxes would not close after teleporting.
Known issues are now available: