Update 14 Patch 2 Release Notes
Welcome to the Release Notes for Dungeons & Dragons Online! These release notes were posted Thursday, July 26th 2012.
- 1 Challenges
- 2 Classes
- 3 Combat
- 4 Creature Companions
- 5 Epic Destinies
- 6 Hirelings
- 7 Items
- 8 Monsters
- 9 Quests and Adventure Areas
- 9.1 Caught in the Web
- 9.2 Eveningstar
- 9.3 The Demonweb
- 9.4 Don't Drink the Water
- 9.5 House of Death Undone
- 9.6 Impossible Demands
- 9.7 Into the Deep
- 9.8 King's Forest
- 9.9 Lords of Dust
- 9.10 Murder By Night
- 9.11 Rift Between Worlds
- 9.12 Servants of the Overlord
- 9.13 Tangleroot Gorge
- 9.14 The Lost Thread
- 9.15 Trial by Fury
- 9.16 The Twelve
- 9.17 Weapons Shipment
- 10 Spells, Skills, Feats, and Enhancements
- 11 UI
- 12 Other
- 13 Known Issues
- The XP on some challenges has been adjusted to provide a more reasonable amount of XP/minute.
- The One Minute of Time item now works consistently across all Challenges.
- Corrected enemy spawns that were previously ignoring what state the trees were in.
- Red-named Bosses will now spawn at various times depending on how well you are doing.
- Necromancers can now raise an undead minion, rather than an army of them.
- The DM will now warn you if more monsters are incoming.
- Monster spawning patterns have been adjusted to help players manage mobs.
- Fixed a typo in the lore loadscreen.
- A counter now shows the number of enemies killed in the Objective Panel.
- Feedback has been added if a party has defeated enough bosses, but not enough regular enemy waves, to challenge the final boss.
- The dragon is now smaller.
- Jariliths will now properly attack players.
- Signal crystals will now light when players defeat bosses or the "infinite wave."
- Spell Wards are now Fire Traps, have half their radius, and have been repositioned to allow players to reach Challenge Gongs without triggering them.
- Orange-named mobs no longer spawn with bosses in low-level Challenges.
- Epic levels will now appear on character sheets, the LFG panel, and Guild member lists.
- Fixed several animation issues with druids in animal form.
- Animal forms now have animations for Cleave and Great Cleave.
- Winter Wolf form no longer incorrectly states that it counts as an animal, when it actually counts as a Magical Beast.
- Druid pets will now be resummoned when their masters level up.
- Fixed a bug where the Druid spell Baiting Bite and the feat Improved Feint would only trigger their bluff checks the first time you used them after logging in. They should now properly activate every time they are used.
- The tooltip for Barbarian fast movement has been fixed. It's less wolf-like now.
- Ranged weapons now land grazing hits, and have their proper attack bonus again.
- Adjusted party scaling to prevent an issue that could cause damage against players to be incorrectly increased.
- Fixed an issue causing the cosmetic gear of pets to sometimes not be visible to other players.
- The tooltip descriptions for the Fatesinger Grandeur, Fragment of the Song: Valor, Tailwind and O Fortuna have been corrected.
- The Fatesinger Harmonic Resonance benefit now works on melee, missile weapons, and unarmed attacks.
- Shiradi Champion: Fey Favor now works properly with thrown weapons.
- Some text adjustments have been made to enhancement tooltips on the Epic Destiny UI.
- Shadowdancer: Consume now works correctly.
- Fixed a bug that could grant players extra enhancements. If players have spent too many points, their enhancement tree will be reset upon login.
- Exalted Angel: Astral Vibrance now works properly.
- Unyielding Sentinel: Legendary Shield Mastery benefits are no longer lost when moving between zones.
- Unyielding Sentinel: Undying Vanguard can now be triggered after being attacked 200 times, instead of 500 or 1000.
- Smite Evil now regenerates properly for non-Paladins.
- Lyvwen now has Dominate Monster instead of Mass Invisibility.
- Epic level Favored Souls now have True Resurrection.
- Pets at shrines will now properly respond to the highest Repair or Heal skill of the party and/or the pet's master.
- Greensteel helms will now properly display on characters' heads.
- Madstone Rage no longer prevents Barbarian Rage.
- The description on Fernian Wraps has been updated to reflect the Spellpower it was actually giving. Fernian Wraps provide 54 Fire Spell Power.
- Omnispell dusts are now unbound.
- Iron Defender modules with a UMD of zero will no longer incorrectly display as unequippable, even though they could be equipped. The modules will also no longer incorrectly show "not proficient" symbols after being equipped.
- Tomes of Fate +1 and +2 can now be used from hotbars and inventory panels.
- Epic Elite boss and miniboss hit points have been adjusted.
- The difficulty of monsters on Epic Hard difficulty have been increased slightly for certain quests.
- Challenge Dryads will no longer have DNT TBD in their names.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some monsters from attacking in House Necro.
- Bear Traps and Spell Wards no longer have string table errors for effects.
- Dretches now target players and move more accurately.
- Mistress of Agonies will no longer repeat themselves when they curse you.
- Mimics no longer find dragonscales to be tasty.
- Iron defender grease attacks should be less spammy now.
Quests and Adventure Areas
- The raid Caught in the Web has reopened!
- Fixed an issue where the DM text was not matching the DM voice in several areas of Menace of the Underdark.
- Players in CR 20 quests will have the spread between the quest CR and the max player level reduced by 1. In CR 21+ quests, the spread will be reduced by two. This will prevent over-level penalties caused by level 25 players running CR 20-23 quests.
Caught in the Web
- Removed an entrance to Caught in the Web from the Demonweb explorer area. Players should use the entrance in the Eveningstar Cavern to access the raid.
- The raid timer now operates properly.
- Fixed several issues with portal keepers that could cause the raid to break.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Lolth from moving to a new phase of the raid when she was damaged too quickly.
- Ana will now respawn at the altar within 15 seconds of becoming lost in the Demonweb.
- Fixed several stuck spots.
- Lolth's leg now has a proper focus orb.
- Lolth has a slightly different look.
- The end portal barrier is now much better about staying down once Ana escapes.
- Cleaned up several stuck spots.
- Applied the forces of gravity to some decorations that were trying to float away.
- Fixed an issue where players were not being flagged for access to Sschindylryn from the Eveningstar Cavern.
- Scooted an explorer journal in the Demonweb to a better spot so it's easier to read.
Don't Drink the Water
- Fixed several stuck spots.
- Added a ramp for players with poor jump skills. Also made the platforms more visible.
- Ana no longer gets confused when her bodyguard leaves the dungeon.
House of Death Undone
- Fixed an issue where mapnotes were not showing up properly.
- When the Dragon Knight is sacrificed, his hitpoints now actually drop.
- The Priestess Boss' mapnote now goes away once she does.
Into the Deep
- A pair of Deep Water Warriors and a Bound Water Servant now scale properly in Epic difficulty.
- Fixed an issue where the quest would not advance on certain difficulties after speaking with Vizira.
- Cleaned up several stuck spots by the Temple of Mystra.
- Put herbacide on floating grass and cattails that were trying to grow in the middle of a flowing river.
- Removed a duplicate set of rest shrines near the temple.
- Adjusted the textures on some of the cliffs so that they don't stretch.
- Transporting to Eveningstar from the transport officer in the Deep Forest now displays the correct splash screen.
Lords of Dust
- Fixed an issue where a wall would re-spawn and block a chest.
Murder By Night
- The correct werewolves will spawn on elite difficulty.
Rift Between Worlds
- Stretched some webbing on a web bridge so that there's not a big hole in it.
Servants of the Overlord
- Fixed several stuck spots.
- Fixed an issue that could cause DM text to overlap.
- A Black Widow in Tangleroot has decided to come down and play rather than hanging around all day.
The Lost Thread
- Corrected an issue with NPC lines stepping on each other during drama scenes.
- Magical barriers are now easier to see.
- Levers are now named "gate controls" rather than the possibly too obvious "puzzle levers".
Trial by Fury
- Grulemeth's dialog has been changed to make it more clear that certain optionals are not required to finish the quest.
- Fixed a stuck spot.
- Adjusted the difficulty of the quest on Hard and Elite.
Spells, Skills, Feats, and Enhancements
- Assassinate works correctly again, and no longer breaks sneak attack prior to rolling for the assassinate check.
- The druid spell Baiting Bite and the feat Improved Feint now trigger their bluff checks properly.
- Deadly Weapons will no longer incorrectly state that it adds force damage, when in fact it adds +1[W] damage.
- Exceptional +1 bonuses to ability scores once again stack with the Stalwart Defender's defensive stance.
- Lantern archons summoned by Angels of Vengeance have taken remedial targeting lessons, and will no longer attempt to shoot light beams at friendly npc's.
- Several Sorcerer Savant enhancements now properly recognize line-of-sight, including Icy Prison, Heat Death, and Earth Grab.
- Corrected a visual error on action bars when windows are manually resized.
- Spell Power and Attack Speed icons have been added to the Character Sheet. Their tooltips list Spell Power bonuses by type, attack speed bonuses, and Doublestrike information.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent characters over level 21 from submitting an in-game help ticket.
- Fixed an issue that could remove fortification, spell resistance, and other bonuses given by equipment or race until a character is logged out and logged back in.
- Kobold and Taken shapeshift forms now animate correctly again.
- Traps on Heroic Elite difficulty have been toned down a bit, and should be easier to detect and deal reduced damage. All other difficulties are unchanged.
- Sounds will no longer replay when the DDO client regains focus (after switching to another window, for example.)
- Fixed an issue that caused a "skipping sound" on the Character Selection screen.
- Fixed several sound issues related to 3D audio.
Known issues are now available: