Fury of the Wild
As your character advances in epic experience and level, it gains Destiny Points (aka DP) which you can spend in epic destiny trees. Similar to heroic enhancements, epic destinies offer a huge variety of options to face the challenges at levels 20+.
Epic Destinies (ED) were introduced in Update 14 (as the progression system for epic levels) and overhauled in Update 51 (preparing for the introduction of legendary levels). If you were familiar with the old system, see here.
TIP: To view and compare the Epic Destinies on one page, read Update 51 Release Notes. This does not include changes from subsequent updates.
Access to epic destinies
The first 12 epic destinies are available for free. If you purchased ED before Update 51, you receive a compensation. Destinies introduced later, starting with Machrotechnic in Update 60, are not free.
To modify your destinies, the default keyboard command is CTRL-E. Alternatively, you can talk to the epic trainer, Fatespinner, or select Epic Destinies from the main menu. You can also assign a keyboard shortcut to access your EDs.
To drag your ED active abilities to hotbar, find them on your Character Sheet under the Destinies tab.
When reaching epic levels for the first time, you are directed to the Fatespinner and a new public area called Junction of the Spheres, accessible from her dialog. This area contains NPCs that correspond to each destiny. Speak to those NPCs to unlock the destiny for this character permanently. This NPC will give you a description of the play styles that the tree supports, as well as serve a small part in a new, lightweight tutorial. You only need to do it once per character.
Available destiny trees
ED trees are grouped in 4 spheres:
- Arcane sphere: Draconic Incarnation, Fatesinger, Machrotechnic, Magus of the Eclipse
- Divine sphere: Divine Crusader, Exalted Angel, Unyielding Sentinel
- Martial sphere: Grandmaster of Flowers, Legendary Dreadnought, Shadowdancer
- Primal sphere: Fury of the Wild, Primal Avatar, Shiradi Champion
(Please note that the "spheres" terminology is a remnant of the old Epic Destiny Map, which grouped the destinies in a web-like structure that you had to navigate your way around by earning experience points. The only thing spheres control in the current system is which of the four available rooms the destiny-granting NPC stands in.)
Your character gains 4 Destiny Points per level. You can receive additional DP from various sources, such as past lives or rare magical tomes.
- Epic levels: 4 per level, up to a total of 40 DP.
- Legendary levels: 4 per level. Currently, 2 levels are available, giving a total of 48DP earnable from leveling up (40 epic + 8 legendary.)
- Tome of Destiny - several types of these tomes exist that directly grant extra DP
- Epic Completionist feat - 1 DP for every 12 past lives (up to 4 DP for 48 PLs)
- 1 DP per 3 Fate Points
Destiny Points from Past Lives
Epic Past Life Feats contribute to DP both directly and via Fate Points
- Directly: 1 DP for every Epic Completionist Feat acquired, requiring 12 of the other Epic Past Life Feats. Epic Completionist can be acquired up to 4 times.
- Fate Points: 1 DP per 3 Fate Points, 1 Fate Point per 3 Epic past lives = 1 DP per 9 of any Epic Past Life Feat. 54 standard Epic Past Life Feats can be acquired.
|Past Lives||DP (Fate)||DP (Lives)||Total DP|
Destiny Point totals
|Epic Destiny trees||39||13|
|Tome of Fate +3||3||1|
|Tome of Destiny x3||-||3|
|Epic Past Lives||18||6|
|Character Level||Epic levels||DP for level||Minimum (no tomes, Machrotechnic, past lives)||Including tomes and Machrotechnic||Maximum (with past lives)|
|Character Level||Minimum (no tomes, machrotechnic, past lives)||Maximum (with all)|
Fate points (FP) serve as additional source of Destiny Points. You also gain +2 hit points and +1 spell points per FP. Fate points become active at level 20.
- 39 FP for unlocking all trees (3 per tree)
- Epic Past Life Feats: 3 feats for 1 FP (up to 18 FP for all 54 feats). Epic Completionist may contribute to this total, allowing for up to 1 additional FP with all 54 Epic Past Life Feats.
- Up to 3 FP from Tome of Fate
You can spend DP in up to three ED trees simultaneously. All characters can choose from the full set of epic trees, regardless of your heroic race or class.
Similar to heroic enhancement trees, epic trees have core abilities and tiered abilities. Higher cores and tiers have a DP and minimum level requirement.
|Ability||Minimum level||Minimum DP|
|Ability||Minimum level||Minimum DP|
- The abilities in different trees usually stack, with the exception of spell DCs in the cores of caster destinies.
- Epic mantles
- Each ED tree has a mantle ability. While your character can take mantle abilities from different trees, you can have only one mantle active at a time.
- Epic strikes
- Each ED tree has one or more abilities designated as epic strikes. While your character can take epic strikes from different trees, all strikes share a cooldown.
- Epic moments
- In Tier 5 of each tree you will find an Epic Moment. Epic Moments are powerful abilities with a long cooldown. They can represent a significant amount of lategame power.
Comparison to old system
See Epic Destinies (Historical) for the state of Epic Destinies prior to Update 51.
If you were familiar with the ED system before Update 51, this section should help you understand the new system.
- You no longer gain full ED power at level 20. You gain DP as you level and buy abilities in the trees gradually.
- ED tree tiers are now level-gated.
- Twists are gone (but you can spend points in up to 3 trees).
- Karma: You no longer need to worry about Karma. You can select any epic past life once you reach level 30.
- Magister is gone; there's a new tree Magus of the Eclipse.
- You no longer need to level up your trees. Epic Destiny XP is gone and no longer a requirement for epic feats.
- All trees are available for a fresh level 20 first-life character, no more unlocking.
- New concepts: epic mantles and epic strikes (see above)