Update 42 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 42: Masterminds of Sharn, released on Tuesday, May 14th, 2019.
Of Special Note
Masterminds of Sharn Expansion
Discover the mysteries of Sharn! Explore one of the most iconic locations in the Dungeons & Dragons Eberron campaign setting, navigate the power struggles between the rich and powerful as you hunt from the highest towers of the city to the deepest depths of the Cogs. Learn more at DDO.com/Sharn!
Players can begin their journey to Sharn through a transport NPC in The Harbor of Stormreach or by using the Boarding Pass: Sharn available in the Ultimate Edition of the Masterminds of Sharn expansion. Includes nine Story Dungeons, seven Explorer Dungeons, one Explorer Area, and two raids (NOTE: Only one raid is releasing with Update 42. The second raid will be released later this year.)
News and Notes
- Favored Soul bonus feats now have clearer and more concise wording.
- Some animation issues for male and female Tieflings have been corrected.
- (non-Scoundrel) Tieflings no longer innately use Fiddles for Bard songs.
- Tiefling/Scoundrel players are now properly immune to fear.
- Tieflings, both male and female, now have a second dance.
- Tieflings now have their own taunt animations.
- Tieflings now have their own laugh emote.
A new item has been added to the DDO Store called Call of Destiny Elixirs. These potions allow a character to earn experience in one Epic Destiny while another is active for up to three hours per potion.
- NOTE: You need to have unlocked the appropriate Epic Destiny before you can gain experience in it. The redeemed item can be used to select which Epic Destiny the potion should apply to. Available in the DDO Store under the Epic Destiny Tools category.
- Druid's Savage Roar now correctly applies its Saving Throw when three stacks of Maul are active.
- Savage Roar now correctly uses the highest of either Wisdom or Strength to calculate its DC.
- Druid: Tier 1 of "Force of Nature" (in Tier 5 of Nature's Protector) now grants the following in addition to its current effects: "Your attunement to Nature is emboldened - Your Druidic Oath is no longer broken by wearing metal armor or shields."
- Tiefling's innate Fire Resistance and Infernal Resistance enhancements now properly update their values when you level up, without needing to relog.
- Sorcerer Savant's Air Elemental Form is now less visually obscuring.
- All Sorcerer Savant Elemental Forms no longer erroneously drop on death.
- Warchanter Core 3 (Song of Heroism) is now Untyped rather than a Morale bonus.
- Reaper's Imbuement now gives the listed amount of Fortification Bypass.
- Reaper's Steadfastness now gives the listed amount of Fortification.
- A new generation of Filigree has been introduced! Found in Sharn (and content released after Sharn), these entirely new sets offer exciting ways to customize your Minor Artifact and Sentient Weapon. Older Filigree will continue to drop where it did before.
- A new kind of equipment is now available called a Minor Artifact. Minor Artifacts are powerful items that go into a character's normal equipment slots and can have Filigree slotted into it. Some other details:
- Each Minor Artifact can only be equipped into a specific equipment slot.
- A character may only equip a single Minor Artifact, regardless of slot.
- Minor Artifacts can be placed into the Sentient Weapon UI, and can consume named items just like a Sentient Weapon to gain XP.
- Unlocking Filigree slots for a Minor Artifact costs half the XP that unlocking a Filigree slot in a Sentient Weapon costs.
- Each Minor Artifact has a different number of maximum Filigree Slots, and the number of total slots cannot be adjusted by consuming a Sentient Spark. All Minor Artifacts available in Update 42, however, has three maximum Filigree Slots.
- A Minor Artifact cannot be consumed by a Sentient Weapon or another Minor Artifact.
- Filigree slotted into your Minor Artifact also counts toward meeting the requirements for Set Bonuses of Filigree slotted into your Sentient Weapon.
- The same Filigree slotted into your Minor Artifact and Sentient Weapon do not stack with each other, although both will count towards Set Bonus requirements.
- The tooltip for the item effect Ghostly now correctly states that it grants a bonus to incorporeality rather than concealment.
- Filigree & Filigree Set Bonuses that grant Fortification Bypass now grant the listed amounts.
- The Salve of Stone to Flesh in Eyes of Stone now has a cooldown of 5 seconds instead of 30 seconds.
- Nudged a pair of hobgoblins in the quest Caverns of Shaagh to help them not become one with the stairs.
- Sealed in Amber: Madam Eva is no longer found at the quest entrance. Her objective and dialogue have been altered.
- Sealed in Amber: The number of enemies has been reduced.
- The Concentration Skill's DC check now only uses 1/10th of the incoming damage to increase its DC.
- The Obscuring Mist darkness effect has been fixed.
- Fireball's and the Domain Fireball's spell descriptions have been updated.
- Spawn Screen no longer scales its number of targets based on caster level, and instead affects all allies in the area of effect.
- Wail of the Banshee now has its signature Wail sound effect back.
- Shield Guardian Hirelings have updated sounds.
- The engine will no longer limit video/virtual memory usage as harshly on systems which have sufficient virtual memory. The game should properly take advantage of virtual memory resources available to it.
- The character sheet UI now uses abbreviated class names, and has moved all four class fields onto the same line
- The character sheet UI now displays your Offhand Doublestrike underneath Doublestrike.
- Work has been done to eliminate various sources of server performance issues.