Doublestrike grants a character a chance to do double damage with their melee weapon any time they make a melee attack. (The similar effect for ranged attacks is called Doubleshot.)
- Doublestrike affects your main-hand and off-hand weapons.
- The Off-hand doublestrike stat was removed in Update 49. Now, Offhand strikes are still a separate "hit", roll their own damage from their own weapon, and can still Doublestrike. Your offhand now Doublestrikes at 50% of the Doublestrike of your mainhand.
- This means that if you have a 50% chance to produce an offhand strike, and 100% Doublestrike, your offhand will hit 50% of the time for 50% Doublestrike (so a 50% chance to deal double damage). Your offhand can only doublestrike a maximum of 50% of the time.
- Shields cannot Doublestrike.
- Increasing Doublestrike above 100% does not provide any additional benefit (unlike Doubleshot).
Doublestrike was introduced as part of the Update 5 combat changes. Many attack speed bonuses were converted to Doublestrike effects at that time. Since Update 45, many Cleave attacks can now doublestrike.
Prior to Update 49, Doublestrike was the chance to make an actual second attack. The change (in which only one attack is made, with twice the damage) was made to reduce server lag.
See also: Doubleshot
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Sources of Doublestrike
Most bonuses from equipment are Morale bonuses; only the highest Morale bonus will apply.
- Medusa Fury, found on weapons derived from the Blade of Fury, grants a +5% Morale bonus to Doublestrike when the wielder is below 25% hitpoints.
- The Henshin Mystic ability, Quick Strikes, gives a maximum 25% Morale bonus for 10 seconds.
- In Monk Wind Stance, the completed Way of the Sun Soul set grants a 6% Morale bonus to Doublestrike for 10 seconds with a natural 20 on an attack roll confirmed as a critical hit. This and other benefits of the ability cannot trigger more than once every twenty seconds.
- Killer (Assassin, DWS): up to +20
Only the highest enhancement bonus to Doublestrike applies.
- Whirlwind, a Ranger Tempest core enhancement, grants a +5% enhancement bonus to Doublestrike while dual wielding.
- Dervish, the Ranger Tempest capstone enhancement, grants +10% to Doublestrike while dual-wielding.
- The activated Celerity enhancement grants a +30%/+40%/+50% enhancement bonus to Doublestrike for 15 seconds with a cooldown of 5 minutes.
- The Legendary Dreadnought Tier 4 ability Lightning Mace grants a +15% enhancement bonus to Doublestrike for 6 seconds when you crit with a Club, Greatclub, Heavy Mace, Light Mace, Morningstar, or Quarterstaff in your main hand.
- Doublestrike items
- Alchemical Crafting Tier 2 Martial Air effect includes a +6% bonus to Doublestrike.
Other typed bonus
- Alchemical bonus - Cannith Combat Infusion on Fabricator's Bracers grants a temporary 5% alchemical bonus to Doublestrike.
- Artifact bonus - The Draconic Ferocity set bonus on Flawless Black Dragon Armor/Helm of the Black Dragon grants a +3% artifact bonus to Doublestrike. In addition, the Silent Avenger and Legendary Silent Avenger add 5% and 15% artifact bonus to Doublestrike, respectively.
- Competence bonus - The Kensei fighter capstone includes a +15% competence bonus to Doublestrike.
- Music bonus - Warchanter's chant Inspire Recklessness grants up to a +6% Doublestrike to all nearby allies.
- Profane bonus
- Sacred bonus - The Paladin spell Zeal grants a +10% Sacred bonus to Doublestrike to the caster.
- Action Boost bonus - Double Strike Boost provides +10% to +30% Action Boost bonus to Doublestrike for 20 seconds. (Available to the Nature's Warriors and Swashbucklers)
- Reaper bonus - Reaper's Strike provides +10/20/30% Reaper bonus to Doublestrike for 20 seconds while in Reaper difficulty. (See Reaper enhancements)
Untyped bonuses stack.
- Heroic abilities
- Artificer Agility Engine: +10
- Cleric Warpriest: +10
- Rogue Special Ability, Opportunist feat: +3
- Bard Swashbuckler: +5 in cores, +10 for empty off-hand
- Druid feat Natural Fighting: +4 when in animal/magical beast form (can be taken up to 3 times)
- FvS War Soul: +10
- Fighter Kensei's capstone: +15; few more % available in lower cores
- Vistani Knife Fighter enhancements: 2x +5; more with daggers
- Aasimar Scourge: +5
- Various Elf races: Skill: +3% Doublestrike, +3% Doubleshot, +3% dodge, and bypass 3% of enemy dodge.
- Wood Elf: Rugged Upbringing: While Raging, gain +5% Doublestrike with Longswords, Rapiers, Scimitars, and Falchions.
- Shield Mastery / Improved Shield Mastery feats grant a +3% / +8% bonus to Doublestrike while wearing a shield.
- Epic and legendary abilities
- US Tier 2 Legendary Shield Mastery grants a +[2/4/7]% bonus to Doublestrike while wearing a shield.
- GMoF Tier 2 Running with Wind grants +[1/2/3]% to Doublestrike if you are in Monk Wind Stance.
- GMoF Tier 2 ability Hail of Blows grants +3% to Doublestrike.
- Perfect Two Weapon Fighting: +5 (does not require two weapons)
- Scion of the Astral Plane: +4 / +8
- Sentient Weapon/Filigrees
- Past life feats