Doublestrike grants a character a chance to do double damage with their melee weapon any time they make a melee attack. (The similar effect for ranged attacks is called Doubleshot.)
- Doublestrike affects your main-hand and off-hand weapons.
- The Off-hand doublestrike stat was removed in Update 49. Now, offhand strikes are still a separate "hit", roll their own damage from their own weapon, and can still doublestrike. Your offhand doublestrike chance is now 50% of the doublestrike of your mainhand.
- This means that if you have a 50% chance to produce an offhand strike, and 100% doublestrike, your offhand will hit 50% of the time with a 50% doublestrike chance (so a 50% chance to deal double damage). Your offhand can only doublestrike a maximum of 50% of the time.
- The Perfect Two Weapon Fighting feat increases offhand strike to 65% of main hand doublestrike.
- Shields cannot Doublestrike. (Bring Down Wrath, Tier 5 ability of Divine Crusader, allows your shield to doublestrike at 50% of your mainhand doublestrike.)
- Increasing Doublestrike above 100% does not provide any additional benefit (unlike Doubleshot).
Doublestrike was introduced as part of the Update 5 combat changes. Many attack speed bonuses were converted to Doublestrike effects at that time. Since Update 45, many Cleave attacks can now doublestrike.
Prior to Update 49, Doublestrike was the chance to make an actual second attack. The change (in which only one attack is made, with twice the damage) was made to reduce server lag.
See also: Doubleshot
Sources of Doublestrike
- Several post-Ravenloft named item sets provide +15% Artifact bonus to doublestrike.
- The Draconic Ferocity set bonus on Flawless Black Dragon Armor/Helm of the Black Dragon grants a +3% artifact bonus to Doublestrike.
- The Quick Strikes enhancement from the Henshin Mystic and Thief Acrobat trees grants up to 25% Morale doublestrike for 10 seconds.
- The Killer enhancement attack from the Assassin, Deepwood Stalker trees grants up to 20% Morale doublestrike for 15 seconds.
- In Monk Wind Stance, the completed Way of the Sun Soul set grants a 6% Morale bonus to Doublestrike for 10 seconds with a natural 20 on an attack roll confirmed as a critical hit. This ability cannot trigger more than once every twenty seconds.
- Medusa Fury items, found on weapons derived from the Blade of Fury, grants a +5% Morale bonus to Doublestrike when the wielder is below 25% hitpoints.
Other typed bonuses
- Action Boost:
- the Cannith Combat Infusion effect grants a 5% Alchemical bonus to doublestrike for 10 seconds.
- Calamitous Blows on Bloodrage Chrism grants +3% profane bonus to Doublestrike while wielding a two-handed weapon.
- The Paladin spell Zeal grants a +10% Sacred bonus to Doublestrike to the caster.
Untyped bonuses stack.
- Aasimar Scourge: +5
- Artificer Agility Engine: +10
- Bard Swashbuckler: +5 in cores, +10 for empty off-hand
- Cleric Warpriest: +10
- Druid feat Natural Fighting: +4 when in animal/magical beast form (can be taken up to 3 times)
- FvS War Soul: +10
- Fighter Kensei's capstone: +15; few more % available in lower cores
- Ninja Spy Shadow Double: +50 for 12 seconds
- Rogue Special Ability, Opportunist feat: +3
- Vistani Knife Fighter enhancements: 2x +5; more with daggers
- Elf, Woold Elf and Morninglord's Skill: +3
- Wood Elf: : +5 while raging with Longswords, Rapiers, Scimitars, and Falchions.
- Epic destinies
- US Tier 2 Legendary Shield Mastery +6 while wearing a shield.
- GMoF Tier 2 Running with Wind grants +[1/2/3]% to Doublestrike if you are in Monk Wind Stance.
- GMoF Tier 2 ability Hail of Blows grants +3% to Doublestrike.
- Sentient Weapon/Filigrees
- Doublestrike: +5
- Wind Stance: up to +12
- Natural Fighting: up to +12 in Druid animal form
- Scion of the Astral Plane: +4, +8 if centered
- Shield Mastery feats: up to +10 while wearing a shield.
- Past life feats