From DDO wiki
|Spell Level:||Clr 1, FvS 1, Sor/Wiz 1|
|Special:||Wlk 1 (Fey pact only)|
|Spell Point Cost:||10|
|Target:||Untargetable - Self-centered|
|Range:||Standard Spherical AOE|
|Cooldown:||5 seconds (All except Sor), 3 seconds (Sor)|
Creates a Standard Spherical AOE fog at point of casting, and obscures vision of those trapped inside.
- The miss chance can be not be prevented by wearing an item of Blindness Immunity.
- It works wonders against bosses, because it's not prevented by true sight, unlike Blur and Displacement.
- Does not affect party members.
- Enemy casters, such as Kobold Shamans, will enjoy casting Obscuring Mist. When that happens, use the minimap to navigate yourself back out of the mist. However, retreating would allow him to continue to hurt you with spells, so it may be better to hunt for the caster inside the mist with Tab-key selection, and move towards the highlight circle, then swing away wildly. Or destroy the mist using a fire or wind spell if you have one available.
- Several spells can clear the mist: Most any fire spell: Burning Hands, Fireball, Delayed Blast Fireball. Also Gust of Wind and Cyclonic Blast which work to clear Obscuring Mist - though be warned these can also clear friendly effects.