White Plume Mountain
|Requires access to : White Plume Mountain and Other Tales|
|White Plume Mountain|
|Takes place in:||White Plume Mountain|
|Bestowed by:||Raheen the Gatekeeper|
|NPC contact:||Raheen the Gatekeeper|
|Quest acquired in:||The Gatekeepers' Grove|
|Free to Play:||No|
Acquire the Codex
- Acquire the Codex Page
- Acquire the Sword Crest
- Acquire the Hammer Crest
- Acquire the Trident Crest
- Gain entry to the treasure chamber
- Defeat the Efreet
- (Optional) Defeat Burket & Snarla — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Bluto's Ambush — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Drek the Sly — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Gorgo — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Brog the Mighty — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Veck the Necromancer — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
Powerful mobs that will happily kill you.
Slashing traps in the underwater tunnel to Bluto.
Tips and Misc
- For the secret door along the Sword path (leading to Gorgo), an 81 Search did not find it on EH, but 82 did.
Talk to the Sphinx.
- If you answer her riddle correctly, you she will let you pass.
- Or kill her.
Three paths open before you, one for each crest.
Sphinx Riddle (only asks one of three questions, randomized)
Double my number, I'm less than a score. Half of my number is less than four. Add one to my double when bakers are near, Days of the week are still greater, I fear.
- Answer: 6
Twice four and twenty birds I shot and killed a quarter of them How many do remain?
- Answer : 12 (twice four and twenty = 2*(4+20) = 48; 25% of 48 = 12 which remain because the others flew off)
Round she is, yet flat as a board Altar of the Lupine Lords Jewel on black velvet, pearl in the sea Unchanged but e'erchanging eternally.
- Answer: The Moon
The paths to the three crests
The crests are virtual - once you have one, it is automagically placed in the correct socket back near the start.
Note that the paths to the three crests do not match left/center/right to their respective sockets, but you have to get all three anyway, so...
The right-hand path has no named loot, so that may be the best to do first, if you care about latecomers.
- Hammer Crest (right tunnel)
- The solution to the tattered men is to look for the non-prime number.
- Spoiler: for the mathematically disinclined, that would be "nine".
- Ctenmilr creates blue glowing circles on the ground that cause damage after a few seconds if you are still in them. He also summons some shadows after losing enough health.
- No optional objectives with named loot in this path.
- Trident Crest (center tunnel)
- The Giant Crab boss can be pulled back to the tunnel leading to the boss room so he will not damage the barriers and cause water to rise. If too much damage is done to the barriers, the water level will rise and cause constant damage to any players standing in the water. A few rocky patches are high enough that they will not be covered by the water, but melee characters will find it difficult to damage the boss while standing on the patches.
- An optional objective here can yield named loot. To find Burket & Snarla, take the rotating tunnel.
- Sword Crest (left tunnel)
- Qesnef will try to trick you into opening the chest which is a mimic in disguise. Turns invisible and invulnerable like all Ogre Magi after losing sufficient health, but also summons five low hp clones of himself at the same time.
- An optional objective here can yield named loot. To find Bluto, either go swimming, or find two secret doors to reach his ambush location. Entering the waterwall will require you to navigate past turbines that will do extremely high damage to you if you don't avoid them, and the water pushes you forward at very fast speeds, much faster than the Crucible swim. If you die during the swim, your soul stone is deposited at the other end.
- End fight
Back to where the path originally turned north. Kill 2 - 4 efreet (Nix, Nox, Cox, and Box). After the first Efreet is killed, the other 2 spawn so it is best to kill the first two simultaneously.
- As the first two efreet spawn here, this is a bad spot to pike or go afk.
- Neutralization bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Chests: ** One chest at the end of each path; one additional mimic chest for the Qesnef fight. No named loot.
- Burket & Snarla (central path optional): Inferno Sniper, Celestial Beacon, 1000 Sentient XP
- Bluto's Ambush (left path optional): Black Opal Bracers, Rose Quartz Sigil Stone, 1000 Sentient XP, Spark of Memory
- End chest: Spark of Memory, Echo of xy, Sentient Jewel of xy
- (Rare chests): ...
- Collectables: 10
- Fungus along Sword path
- Adventurer's Pack and Fungus near Bluto
- Cabinet, Adventurer's Pack, and Bookshelf at the end of the Trident path
- Fungus just past the T-intersection on the Hammer path
- Fungus in the room where you have to pick a flesh golem
- Fungus just before Brog
- Adventurer's Pack in the room with the boiling mud
- NPC rewards: