Minor Artifacts are a special category of named items with particularly powerful enchantments. Minor Artifacts go into a character's normal equipment slots and can have filigrees slotted into it. The first Minor Artifacts were introduced with the Masterminds of Sharn expansion in Update 42.
- Each Minor Artifact can only be equipped into a specific equipment slot.
- A character may only equip a single Minor Artifact, regardless of slot.
- They start with one slot for a single sentient filigree.
The same Filigree slotted into your Minor Artifact and Sentient Weapon do not stack with each other, although both will count towards Set Bonus requirements. (Example: If you placed "Deadly Rain: Dexterity" into both your equipped Minor Artifact and your equipped Sentient Weapon, you would only gain +1 Dexterity BUT you would activate the 2-piece set bonus from Deadly Rain (+5 Ranged Power).)
- Minor Artifacts can be placed into the Sentient Weapon UI, and can consume named items just like a Sentient Weapon to gain XP.
- Sentient Jewels are not used, you can level the Artifacts directly by feeding them named items.
- The XP cost for leveling is one half of Sentient Jewels.
- A Minor Artifact CAN CONSUME itself!!! --> This has been confirmed by GMTrojan (don't ask...)
Each Minor Artifact has a different number of maximum Filigree Slots, and the number of total slots cannot be adjusted by consuming a Sentient Spark. All Minor Artifacts available in Update 42, however, have three maximum Filigree Slots.
The following applies to Update 42 Minor Artifacts:
- The maximum number of filigree slots is three. Spark of Memory cannot be used to increase the number of slots.
- The Sharn Minor Artifacts are unique items flavored as coming from different parts of Khorvaire (museum artifacts).
- They drop in raids and as reward for completing the main saga (not the Cogs saga).
- In saga rewards, there's a 25% chance for an artifact on Elite and 50% on True Elite saga completion.
- Each end chest in Sharn has a small chance to drop one of the Minor Artifacts available in the Masterminds of Sharn Expansion Pack. This is an independent chance than your chance to find Named Loot, but will still be affected by Ransack penalties. The full list of 10 artifacts is available this way, and mythic & reaper bonuses are possible.
- The saga will continue to have a chance to drop 3 Artifacts, but it will randomly determine which three are available (this is done via 3 independent rolls, so it may show you more than one of the same Artifact, but it will always show three total).
The Soul Splitter artifacts
Two artifacts were introduced in Update 43 with similar stats as the Sharn expansion artifacts. They drop randomly in the end chests of all U43 quests.