Legendary Vision of Destruction
You have entered the lair of Suulomades, architect of the attacks on the Marketplace. His demise is integral to Stormreach's safety.
|Legendary Vision of Destruction|
|Takes place in:||Beneath the House Deneith Enclave|
|Bestowed by:||Tala Brin|
|NPC contact:||Tala Brin|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Purchase:||Free to Play|
Tala Brin told you of a vision she had where House Deneith was sucked into an infernal portal, much like The Marketplace Bazaar. She fears this vision was a glimpse into the near future, and asked that you explore The Subterrane and determine if there is any truth to her fears.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Defeat Suulomades, Devil General of Shavarath
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, 1 undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Spinning Blade – 8 Control panels
Tips and Misc
Beware: As with almost all raids, you cannot join mid-quest. The first room you enter has a portal (to the main room) which disappears as soon as the fighting starts (so make sure everyone is through the portal before anyone moves). Entering after it has started will lock you in that starting room with no way to proceed. You will, however, be able to pike and earn both completion and an end-reward, but will be unable to loot the chest.
Of particular note, is that this raid provides all enemies the ability to bypass Concealment defences similar to True Seeing, without actually providing the True Seeing ability. Therefore, players should adjust their implemented defences appropriately for this change in this raid.
Useful buffs: Resist Fire, Electricity, Sonic; Death Ward. Also bring remove curse potions; Suulomades can place a curse on you that blocks positive energy healing.
Order of events:
- First wave of Red Named Elite Orthon Legionnaires. Use DPS weapons on them. Focus on one-at-a-time (marking one blue with Destruction or with a Monk's Fists of Light helps). Unlike in the heroic version of Vision of Destruction, these Orthons have a small aura that triggers every 4 seconds, each time it triggers it applies a Disease DOT on any player in range of that aura and can stack multiple times. This DOT deals Evil damage also at every 4 second intervals. Disease Removal potions can remove this DOT but will not provide a lingering immunity. The Remove Disease Spell or Paladin Remove Disease ability, grants a lingering immunity to normal and magical Disease only which does not include this effect (Supernatural Disease). Only a Paladin's innate Divine Health grants Immunity to this DOT.
- Suulomades comes down. Tank get aggro and pull him into position in the corner, then others attack at his back. Disable traps now.
- 75% HP: Suulomades ports up top, he will stay there for 90 seconds. First wave of green Elite Barbazu Legionnaires. Use DPS weapons on them. Always stop attacking Suulomades and kill the other monsters before continuing (except for final Fire Bat Detonators).
- Suulomades comes back down with the second wave of green Elite Barbazu Legionnaires.
- 65% HP: Third wave of green Elite Barbazu Legionnaires.
- 60% HP: Fourth wave of green Elite Barbazu Legionnaires.
- 40% HP: Suulomades ports up top again, he will stay up there for 90 seconds.
- Place webs/blade barriers/etc. for non-exploding bats.
- Fifth wave of green Elite Barbazu Legionnaires.
- Traps turn on. Everyone stand and fight from inside the corner if the traps weren't disabled.
- Fiendish Fire Bats and sixth wave of green Elite Barbazu Legionnaires, while Suulomades is still up top.
- Suulomades comes back down with the seventh wave of green Elite Barbazu Legionnaires.
- Check the number of kills at this point; this is because the total number of green devils that ever spawn is fixed, and you want them to all be dead before you get to the last Orthons Legionnaires.
- Have the group hold off on getting the horned devil to 25% until the group gets 48 total kills. This should be the end of spawning green devils. (optional, but recommended)
- 25% HP: Second wave of Red Named Elite Orthon Legionnaires.
- Be ready to place webs/blade barriers/cloud kill/etc. for exploding bats.
- 10% HP: Fire Bat Detonators, which have an incineration attack that does high amounts of fire damage. Kill Suulomades fast.
- Conquest bonus: 64 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Chests: One end chest
- NPC rewards: Standard; choose from 10
Named Chest Drop
- Spark of Dream, end chest
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Elite Barbazu Legionnaire ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Elite Orthon Legionnaire ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Fiendish Fire Bat ( view • )||Magical Beast||Bat|
|Fire Bat Detonator ( view • )||Magical Beast||Bat|
|Suulomades ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Devil|