Healing Amplification increases the hit points cured by healing spells and effects. It stacks with various spellpower bonuses. It comes from race, class, items, and miscellaneous sources. To calculate your heal amp rating, add all sources of heal amp together. Items granting the same bonus type don't stack, only the highest value applies.
- To see your current Healing Amplification, open your character sheet and hover over your "Hit Points" score.
Update 24 introduced a new formula: Healing Amplification rating increases all healing by
(100 + Rating) / 100. For Warforged and Bladeforged, the result is again multiplied by racial penalty, see below.
The most common form of Healing Amplification is the type that uses Positive energy. However, there are also various other types of Healing Amplification available, including those using Negative and Repair energy. Despite the differing energy types involved, they all work through the same principle.
- 1 Positive Healing Amplification
- 1.1 Racial multiplier
- 1.2 Racial enhancements
- 1.3 Class enhancements
- 1.4 Item bonus
- 1.5 Guild bonus
- 1.6 Feats
- 1.7 Epic Destinies
- 2 Stacking with Spellpower
- 3 See also
Positive Healing Amplification
Most base races and transformed races start off with a Positive energy vulnerability (Healing) of 100% allowing all Divine healing spells to function normally on them. i.e. healing multiplier of 1.0.
Transforming from your original race to another will alter this multiplier.
Your most recent "racial transformation" is considered for this multiplier. So a Warforged that has entered into Lich Form would utilise the Racial type: Undead healing multiplier of 0.0 rather than their original Warforged healing multiplier of 0.5.
- Living types (Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Half-Elves, Drow, Elemental, Animal) have a 100% vulnerability to Positive energy.
- An Undead type will be set to a Healing multiplier of 0.0, resulting in them being unable to be healed via spells and effects that deal Positive energy.
- Warforged and Bladeforged type start off with a 50% Positive energy vulnerability (i.e. Healing multiplier of 0.5). This can be increased by Healer's Friend enhancements to 0.6 / 0.7 / 0.8.
- Bladeforged receive an additional -10%. The actual effect is second multiplier of 0.9. Thus, a Bladeforged without Healer's Friend enhancements has racial multiplier of 0.45 (0.5 * 0.9). With the enhancements, the multiplier is 0.54 / 0.63 / 0.72 ( )
- An Artificer can take the Construct Essence feat to become eligible for healing via repair spells; however, the character receives a -25% penalty to positive energy healing (racial multiplier 0.75)
- Improved Recovery: +20
- Protector Aasimar Divine Purpose: Determination bonus equal to character level for 1 minute per rest (multiple charges)
- Dragonborn Resilience: Two tiers with +10 each (max +20)
Class bonuses from different classes stack (add together).
- Artificer: +10 in Renegade Mastermaker enhancements
- Barbarians have multiple stacking bonuses to healing amplification in the cores of their trees
- Druids can grant +30 heal amp (enhancement bonus) to one character (Crown of Summer).
- needs u24 update: Half-Elf Monk Dilettante enhancements (Half-Elf Improved Recovery) has two stacking tiers each for a maximum multiplier of 1.21. (This locks out monk's amplification)
- Fighters get +50 heal and repair amplification for 30 seconds when drinking any potion.
- Monks get +10 heal amplification per each core ability of the Shintao tree.
- Paladins can get 3 tiers of +20 heal amplification enhancements in the Knight of the Chalice tree.
- Warlocks can gain up to +25 heal amp from Enlightened Spirit enhancements + 25 temporary from Shining Through (Sacred bonus)
- Any class can gain +20 from Harper enhancements
The healing amplification on items comes in different types. Items of the same type do not stack. Items with various types of healing amplification stack. The bonuses stack by addition.
See also: Named item category listing
Exceptional bonus (former Healing amplification 10%)
- Random loot: Lesser Convalescent
- Crafted items: Dragontouched Armor (Eldritch), Greensteel weapon (tier 1)
- Special event items: Mysterious Bracers (Level 7), (Level 14), (Level 21), Mysterious Cloak (Level 7), (Level 14), (Level 21)
- Iconic Hero starting equipment: Book of Amaunator, Delver's Helm, Mask of the Scourge, Momento of War
Equipment bonus (former Healing amplification 20%)
- Random loot: Convalescent
- Crafted items: Dragontouched Armor (Tempest), Greensteel weapon (tier 2), Tower of Despair rings (Incredible Potential), LGS weapon (tier 2)
Competence bonus (former Healing amplification 30%)
- Random loot: Greater Convalescent prefix (legacy items), Healing Amplification suffix (U29 random loot)
- Crafted items: Greensteel weapon (tier 3), LGS weapon (tier 3), new Cannith Crafting gear
Enhancement bonus (Fleshmaker, Blood)
- Adherents of the Mists set bonus: +10 heroic / +20 legendary
Note: The description of healing amplification on many items is outdated. Check combat log and heal amp rating on character sheet.
- House Jorasco Healer Contract from Guild Airships (history) (20)
- Bath House Amenity from Guild Airships (20)
- Fount of Life: +20
- Past Life: Paladin: +10 (stacks 3 times, for a total of +30)Verified
- Scion of the Feywild: +20
- Scion of Limbo: chance for +40
- Exalted Angel: Purity of Essence I-III: +20
- Unyielding Sentinel: Vigor of Battle (sentinel stance): +20
Stacking with Spellpower
Healing Amplification stacks multiplicatively with effects that increase the power of healing spells, such as metamagic feats (e.g. Empower Healing), class enhancements (e.g. Cleric Life Magic), item enchantments (e.g. Devotion), scroll mastery enhancement, etc. Incoming healing is simply multiplied by character's total healing amplification. This multiplication is applied only after rounding the amount after applying spellpower (always rounded down) and is then rounded again (always down too).
Example: Cure Light Wounds on CL 5+ with 20 spellpower and 10% healing amplification should in theory heal: 1.1*1.2*(1d6+7) = 10.56-17.16 rounded to 10-17 Instead it heals: 1.2*(1d6+7) = 9.6-15.6 rounded to 9-15 -> 1.1*(9-15) = 9.9-16.5 rounded to 9-16 Note: The range is discrete with only 6 objects in each set, so the average isn't the average of minimum and maximum.