Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
A deflection bonus affects Armor Class and is granted by a spell or magic effect that makes attacks veer off harmlessly. Deflection bonuses stack with all other bonuses to AC except other deflection or protection bonuses.
Sources of Deflection bonuses:
- Randomly generated cloaks/rings/necklaces of Protection and named protection items
- Randomly generated armor/shields of Stability and named stability items (requires True Neutral alignment)
- Randomly generated armor of Reinforcement
- Items with a Sapphire of Protection in a Blue Augment Slot: EmptyBlue Augments
- Named: Category:Blue augments
- AC: Natural Armor Bonus (+1 to +14) or Protection (Deflection bonus) (+1 to +11)
- ASF reduction: -5% to -15%
- Fortification: +25% to +100%
- Good Luck: +1 or +2
- Hit points: +4 to +54
- Max Dex Bonus (Armor): +1 or +2
- Defense (PRR and MRR): +3 to +36
- Saves (Resistance bonus): +1 to +11
- Dodge: +1% to +14%
- Tactics DCs (Stunning, Sunder, Trip): +2 to +16
- Accuracy: +2 to +22
- Positive/Negative/Repair Healing Amplification: +3 to +57
- Named: Category:Colorless augments
- Ability (Enhancement bonus): +1 to +14
- Ability (Exceptional bonus): +1
- Ability (Insight bonus): +5
- Skills, except UMD (Competence bonus): +5 to +20
- Shield of Faith +2-5 (exact formula: 2 + (caster level / 6), rounded down)
- Protection from Evil +2 (from attacks from evil creatures) Bug: Protection from Evil is bugged and the +2 AC and save bonus from it counts as a sacred bonus so it stacks with other sources of deflection AC.
- Protection from Chaos +2 (from attacks from chaotic creatures; only on named items such as Chaosgarde bracers at this time)
Other common bonuses to your armor class are armor bonus, shield bonus, dexterity bonus, natural armor bonus, and miscellaneous bonus.