Doubleshot grants a character a chance to do double (or higher) damage with their ranged or thrown weapon any time they make an attack. Doubleshot applies only to ranged and thrown attacks. (The similar mechanic for melee is Doublestrike.)
If your Doubleshot is greater than 100%, then a second shot is guaranteed, and the remainder is the chance at additional shots. For example:
- If your Doubleshot chance is 100%, there's a 100% chance of doing double damage.
- If your Doubleshot chance is 120%, you have a 20% chance of doing triple damage instead of double damage.
Introduction and changes
Update 28 Patch 1 changes:
- Manyshot and Ten Thousand Stars no longer reduce your doubleshot chance.
- Repeating crossbows now have 1/3rd the chance for Doubleshot.
- Doubleshot can now "wrap" and cause a third or fourth shot if it goes above 100%.
Update 45 changes:
- Dual Crossbow combat style (from Inquisitive enhancements) uses 50% of your Doubleshot
Update 49 changes:
- Before this change, Doublestrike gave you a chance to make multiple attacks. Now it allows you to do extra damage with a single attack. (This change was made to reduce server lag.)
Sources of doubleshot
- Harbinger of Chaos: +2%
- Doubleshot (ML28 Epic Destiny Feat): Passive +10% Doubleshot
- Double Shot (Primal Past Life Stance): Passive +3% Doubleshot per stack
- Manyshot (Feat): Passive: When using a bow, gain Doubleshot equal to 1.5x your Base Attack Bonus.
- Multitude of Missiles (Feat): Active: When using simple thrown weapons, gain +100% Doubleshot for 20 seconds.
- Ten Thousand Stars (Feat): Active: When centered, gain Doubleshot equal to monk level * 5 for 30 seconds (only affects shuriken).
- Scion of Limbo (Legendary Feat): +16% for 1 minute (one of the eight possible random effects)
- Scion of the Astral Plane (Legendary Feat): Passive: +4% and an additional +4% if you are centered.
- Simple Thrown Weapon Expertise (Feat): Passive bonus to Doubleshot equal to your Dexterity
- Category:Doubleshot items
- Random items with Rapid Shots suffix
- Random armors with Flurry prefix
- Flawless Shadowscale Armor with Shadow Striker
- Silent Avenger set: 5 / 15 (heroic / legendary)
- Wallwatch set: 10 / 15 (heroic / legendary, 3 pieces)
- Eminence of Spring/Summer set: 15 (6 pieces)
- Profane Experiment: 10 / 15 (heroic / legendary, 3 pieces)
- Mantle of Suulomades: 15 (2 pieces)
- Windlasher's Ferocity: 5 / 10 / 15 (heroic / epic / legendary, 2 pieces)
- Kundarak Delving Equipment: 5 / 10 / 15 (heroic / epic / legendary, 3 pieces)
- Dread Stalker: 15 (3 pieces)
Sentient Weapon/Filigrees (untyped bonuses)
- Celerity - 2 piece set bonus: +2%
- Enlightened Step - 5 piece set bonus: +5%
- Zephyr - Doubleshot filigree: +1%
- Sanctified Fervor - 4 piece set bonus +2%
- Crackshot Negotiator - 4 piece set bonus: +5%
- Shattered Device - 3 piece set bonus: +3%
- Splendid Cacophony - 2 piece set bonus: +2%
- Voltaic Experiment - Doubleshot filigree: +1%
- The Abiding Path
- The Serpent
Any class via Inquisitive enhancements
- Tier 4 ability - Martial Inquisition: +5% with Light and Heavy (non-repeating) Crossbows
- Tier 5 ability - No Holds Barred: +10%
Any class via Vistani
- Third core: Knife Specialist - 5%
- Fifth core: Vistani Fortune - 25% chance of 10%
- Tier 1 ability: Rapid Throw - 20% morale bonus with Throwing Daggers
- Tier 4 ability: Celerity - 5%
- Tier 5 ability: Whirling Blades - Your throwing knife gains 100 doubleshot for 15 seconds. Cooldown one minute.
- Battle Engineer - Tier 4 Ability - Agility Engine +3%/6%/10% Doubleshot while wearing a rune arm
- Swashbuckler cores: +1 per core
- Swashbuckler - Tier 2 ability - Double Shot Boost: Activate to gain +10/20/30% Action Boost bonus to Doubleshot for 20 seconds. Usable 5 times per rest.
- Swashbuckler - Tier 3 ability - Dashing Scoundrel: +10% while Swashbuckling
- Warchanter - Tier 4 ability - Reckless Chant: Passive +2%/4%/6% Music bonus to Doubleshot.
- Warpriest / War Soul - Tier 4 ability - Holy Sniper: 10%
- War Soul - Tier 5 ability - Divine Champion: 5%
- Kensei - Core ability 3 - Strike With No Thought: Passive +3% to 6% Doubleshot depending on how many Kensei core abilities you have.
- Kensei - Core ability 6 - Alacrity: Passive +15% Doubleshot
- Arcane Archer - Core ability 5 - Shadow Arrows: Arcane Archer Secondary Imbue Toggle: +5% Doubleshot chance with bows.
- Arcane Archer - Core ability 6 - Master of Imbuement: Passive +20% Doubleshot chance.
- Deepwood Stalker - Tier 4 ability - Killer: +5% morale bonus to Doubleshot chance per stack. Earn stacks by killing. 15s duration. The Killer buff can stack up to 2/3/4 times.
- Deepwood Stalker - Tier 5 ability - Strikes Like Lightning: +20% Doubleshot.
- Assassin - Tier 4 ability - Killer: same as DWS Killer
- Mechanic - Tier 5 ability - Rapid Fire: Passive +3%/6%/10% Doubleshot
- Aasimar Scourge - Tier 4 ability - Divine Form: Active: +1% or more
- Elf - Tier 4 ability - Skill: Passive +3% Doubleshot
- Morninglord - Tier 4 ability - Skill: Passive +3% Doubleshot
- Wood Elf - Tier 4 abilities:
- Skill: Passive +3% Doubleshot
- Through the Branches: +3% Doubleshot with Longbows and Shortbows.
- Memento: Reaper Strike: [10/20/30] reaper bonus to Doubleshot for 20 seconds
- Seasoned Archer - +2% Guild bonus to Doubleshot
- Divine Crusader - Blessed Strikes T4: +6%
- Grandmaster of Flowers - Hail of Blows T2: +3%
- Grandmaster of Flowers - Legendary Flurry of Blows T5 - 3%
- Legendary Dreadnought - Strike Twice T3: +6%
- Legendary Dreadnought - Action Hero T5: +30 Action Boost bonus
- Shadowdancer - Shadowstriker T3: +5%
- Shiradi Champion - Phase Double T2: +6%
- Shiradi Champion - Pierce Deception T3: Gain 5% Doubleshot if you have the Watchful Eye Feat.