Too Hot to Handle
|Requires access to : Masterminds of Sharn|
|Too Hot to Handle|
|Takes place in:||Alcorin's Forge - Arcsteel Foundry|
|Bestowed by:||Grem Alcorin|
|NPC contact:||Grem Alcorin|
|Quest acquired in:||Alcorin's Forge - Staging Area|
|Patron:||Sharn City Council|
|Free to Play:||No|
Grem Alcorin wants you to eliminate the Forgewraiths before they destroy his forge - not to mention all of Sharn. Enter the Arcsteel Foundry and confront the undead.
Completing all quests from the Masterminds of Sharn Part 1 and 2:
- Part 1: A Sharn Welcome, Red Rain, Best Laid Plans, The Same Old Song, Just Business
- Part 2: No Refunds, House of Pain, Blown Deadline, Reach for the Sky
- Ask Mayne Jhaelian to drop the barrier
- Make your way to the Foundry
- Cleanse the undead from the Foundry
- Help Nava Reset the Furnaces
- Defeat the Forgewraith Titan
- Reset the Furnaces
- Reset the Coolant Tanks
What to Expect
- Massive fire and evil damage
- Resurrection timer for Hard (01:30), Elite/R1 (2:00)
- Lockout after talking when entering the actual Forge.
- Rising Lava respectively vanishing ground.
Tips and Misc
- Fire Absorption and Alignment Absorption is recommended. Twist Energy Sheath Fire (Draconic Incarnation tier one) or use Fire Absorption items, for Evil Absorption use The Lunar Eclipse.
- Crowd Control and/or Instakillers for Runners/Cogs Fanatics
- Sunburst for Forgewraiths and Forge Wraith Doom Skulls
- Recommended: Trapper for disabling the Puzzles in first part of final fight. (Much faster than doing puzzles)
- Recommended: 1 Tank for norm, at least 2 tanks for hard+
- 2 or 4 players handling puzzles
- 9 coolant tanks, each have 3 levers, just pull the two left-most levers for each tank.
- When the titan appears you might want to gather everyone in melee range to discourage the Skull Volley attack.
Guide on how to solve the Puzzles
- Upon entering the main raiding area, you want to head forwards and see what colour combination you need for your puzzle.
For this example, we will be looking at the second puzzle.
- Please note, the colour combinations are random.
- You will normally see a puzzler put in party chat something like 2-RYRBRB.
- This is to help them remember the colour combination for when they arrive at the puzzle. Once your colour combination has been noted, you need to head to your puzzle and solve it asap.
- There should be someone who can insta kill protecting you. To locate your puzzle, find the puzzle with the same roman numeral ontop of it.
- Now you have reached the puzzle you will be greeted with a chain of levers and a light above them. It is important to know that the default light is not red, you still need to pull the levers in order to get red.
- When you pull a lever, it will change the colour of one of the lights. The order of the colours changing is: Green, Blue, Yellow, Red.
- Once you have achieved your colour combination, you want to pull the far right lever to the puzzle. This lever is perpendicular to the other levers. This will make the puzzle completed. This will cause the large gemstone ontop of the puzzle to go green.
- Note: The gem will turn green, but will go off after a few seconds if the puzzle is solved incorrectly.
- Note 2: You may also notice a trap box next to the horizontal lever on the right of the puzzle. This trap box can instantly solve the puzzle when disabled. However, it can only be used once in the entire raid and you are still required to pull the far right lever when you have disabled the box. In the raid, you need to do the puzzles a total of 3 times, many groups tend to use the trap boxes on the last phase.
Guide on how to solve the Coolant Tanks
- The Coolant Tanks are found on the bottom floor on the main raiding area. There are a total of 9 Coolant tanks that need to be solved.
- The Coolant Tanks need to be solved after each time you beat down the main raid boss, at the same time as the furnaces. On the first phase, you do not need to do the Coolant Tanks.
- To complete a Coolant Tank, you need to make sure all 3 levers are facing you.
- The strategy used to complete this puzzle is to pull the left lever (if it isn't facing you) then the right one (if it isn't facing you), and finally the middle one (if it isn't facing you).
- This order is used because the left lever will also pull the right lever at the same time, so as you pull the left lever, you are also causing the right one to rotate. The right lever also causes the middle lever to rotate. The middle lever will not cause any of the other levers to rotate.
- Upon the raid group completing all 9 of the Coolant Tanks, Nava will tell you that they have all been completed. She will also say when they have reset and need to be redone in between phases.
Mechanics of the Forgewraiths
- There are three types of Forgewraith in Too Hot To Handle, they include: Forge Spirit (yellow named), Enraged Forgewraith (orange named) and Forgewraith Giant (red named).
- When you kill one Forgewraith near another one, it causes the remaining Forgewraith to ‘tier up’. What this means is that a Forge Spirit will turn into a Enraged Forgewraith, a Enraged Forgewraith will turn into a Forgewraith Giant, and a Forgewraith Giant will fully heal as it cannot tier up anymore.
- If a Forgewraith is kept alive for more than 3 minutes, then it will fully heal and upgrade into the next tier of Forgewraith. Giants will just fully heal.
- When a trash mob reaches the lava and dives into it, it will turn into a Forgewraith Spirit. It is crucial to make sure this does not happen.
- There can only be 15 Forgewraiths spawned in at once (excluding the Forgewraith Titan). Once there are 15 Forgewraiths, trash will die upon reaching lava but will not turn into Forgewraiths.
- All 3 types of Forgewraiths have very similar attacks. These include:
- Melee Strike - Will do a melee strike as well as marking a player for a few seconds. Marked players will spawn a Forgewraith if they die
- Cursed Flamethrower - Will hold up one hand and do an AOE attack damaging players 5+ times a second with a high fire and evil damage
- Cursed Fire Ray - Will cast a ray onto the player who has its aggro if the player is far away. The attack also causes a DoT
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
- Spark of Dream, end chest
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.3.3: Warning: No results.