Orbs are offhand items for spellcasters to wield. Equipping an orb is like using a shield, however when you block with it, a magical barrier of force provides an Orb Bonus to your saving throws and energy resistances. This is in addition to any effects listed on the item. Note that unlike shields, orbs do not inherently increase your Armor Class and Damage Reduction.
- Only characters with the Magical Training feat are proficient with orbs.
- You can use orbs while Single Weapon Fighting.
- Druids cannot use orbs from metal due to their oath.
- Orbs uncenter Monks.
- In the Auction House, orbs are listed under Shields.
- First orb was introduced with Update 16.
- Update 41 introduced randomly generated orbs. It is now also possible create custom orbs via Cannith Crafting. Orbs take similar enchantments to shields, plus few additional ones.
See also Category:Orbs