Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Orbs are offhand items for spellcasters to wield. Equipping an orb is like using a shield, however when you block with it, a magical barrier of force provides an Orb Bonus to your saving throws and energy resistances. This is in addition to any effects listed on the item. Note that unlike shields, orbs do not inherently increase your Armor Class and Damage Reduction.
- Only characters with the Magical Training feat are proficient with orbs.
- You can use orbs while Single Weapon Fighting.
- Druids cannot use orbs from metal due to their oath.
- Orbs uncenter Monks.
- In the Auction House, orbs are listed under Shields.
- You can shield bash and secondary shield bash with orbs.
- You do not benefit from Shield Mastery feats while wielding an orb.
- The To-Hit bonus is based off of INT, while the Dmg is based off of CHA.
- First orb was introduced with Update 16.
- Update 41 introduced randomly generated orbs. It is now also possible create custom orbs via Cannith Crafting. Orbs take similar enchantments to shields, plus few additional ones.
See also Category:Orbs
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO library
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Items
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Items > Item groups > Items by equipment slot > Shields > Orbs