Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Base price modifier: varies, comes in different levels, I..XI
Effect: Spell Lore items offer an equipment bonus to your chance to score a spell critical, i.e., deal double damage.
Spell lore enchantments can be commonly found as a suffix on randomly-generated Quarterstaffs (with the Thaumaturgy prefix) and Scepters. Spell Lore can be found on all types of randomly-generated weapons, but these are much rarer compared to quarterstaffs/scepters. Spell lore can also more rarely be found on randomly-generated armor and shields as a prefix.
Types of spell lore
For each type of damage, there is a specific lore type. In addition, there's the universal Spell Lore.
- Acid Lore, Fire Lore, Ice Lore, Lightning Lore, - elemental damage
- Healing Lore, - positive energy spells
- Kinetic - force, physical and untyped
- (Laceration Lore - slashing spells*)
- Radiance Lore - light and alignment spells
- Repair Lore - repair and rust spells
- Sonic Lore - sonic damage spells
- Void Lore - negative energy and poison spells
- Frozen Depths Lore - Negative,Poison,and Cold spells
- Spell Lore - all spell types
- * Dropped in U19, but it's never impossible to stumble across an example in the Auction House.
Found on: Category:Spell Lore items
Spell Lore enchantment comes in different strengths, marked with a Roman numeral.
The universal Spell Lore (formerly Arcane Lore) is 10% lower than the corresponding levels single damage type.
|Level||<Type> Lore %||Spell Lore %||Notes|
|XII||22%||12%||Epic Elite equipment at level 28.|
- Thunder-forged Dwarvencraft Lore: 22%
- Greensteel accessories: 13% - 15% lore to a specific element / healing / void
- Alchemical Crafting: 16% to one of Kinetic / Void / Sonic / Healing / Radiance + 16 % to one element
- ToEE Crafting: 13% / 23% to one element
- Cannith Crafting: 6% - 23% available for any single type; 1% - 13% available for all types.
- Slave Lords Crafting: 10% - 21% available for any single type.
- Epic Noxious Embers Spell Lore 12%
Few rare items offer insight bonus to the spell lore:
- Libram of Silver Magic
- Thunder-Forged two-handed weapons with Dragon's Blessing, Focus or Spell Penetration (Tier 2)
- Golden Orb of Death
- Golden Orb of Death (Level 26)
- Echo of The Tome of Strahd
- Pomura's Memento
- Essence of Pomura's Memento
Exceptional Universal lore
Few items offer exceptional bonus to universal spell lore:
- The Leaf Mail
- Barovian Nobles' Regalia
- Order's Garb
- Experiment Garb
- Robes of the Dreadkeeper
- Legendary Robe of the Autumn Winds
- The Legendary Leaf Mail
- Legendary Docent of Autumn
Artifact Universal lore
- Tower of Despair item sets grant artifact bonus to spell critical chance.