These feats, enhancements, items and destinies makes it harder for enemies to resist the casters spells.
Spell Focus Feats
Spell Focus: <Spell School> feat adds +1 to the difficulty class of the spell.
On the other hand, Spell Focus: Evocation is often recommended to Sorcerers and Druids.
The available choices are:
- Spell Focus: Abjuration
- Spell Focus: Conjuration
- Spell Focus: Enchantment
- Spell Focus: Evocation
- Spell Focus: Illusion
- Spell Focus: Necromancy
- Spell Focus: Transmutation
- Greater Spell Focus (feat +1 to a particular school); requires and stacks with Spell Focus in the same school.
- Epic Spell Focus (feat +1 to a particular school); requires Greater Spell Focus feat of the same spell school and Lv 11 Cleric/Druid/Wizard, or Lv 12 Sorcerer/Favored Soul, or Lv 15 Artificer/Alchemist, or Lv 16 Bard
- Past Life: Arcane Initiate (past life feat +1 universal)
- Past Life: Bardic Dilettante (past life feat +1 Enchantment)
- Past Life: Cleric (past life feat +1 Conjuration)
- Past Life: Sorcerer (past life feat +1 Evocation)
- Aureon's Instruction (feat +1 to Turn Undead)
- Heighten Spell (Increases base spell level to the maximum you can cast. Applies to SLAs from Enhancement Trees.
Spell Focus Enhancements
- Arcanotechnician enhancements, +3 Evocation
- Arcane Archer enhancements, +1 Enchantment each from Terror Arrows, Banishing Arrows, Paralyzing Arrows and Smiting Arrows.
- Spellsinger enhancements, +5 Enchantment, Evocation, and Illusion from spellsinger core, universal +1 from Spell song trance, +2 Enchantment from Prodigy, +1 Enchantment, Evocation, OR Illusion from Marigold Crown
- Divine Disciple enhancements, +2 Evocation or Necromancy
- Season's Herald enhancements, +3 Conjuration and Transmutation
- Angel of Vengeance enhancements, +1 universal, +1 Evocation
- Air Savant enhancements, +1 Evocation (does not stack with Fire or Water savant)
- Earth Savant enhancements, +1 Conjuration
- Fire Savant enhancements, +1 Evocation (does not stack with Air or Water savant)
- Water Savant enhancements, +1 Evocation (does not stack with Fire or Air savant)
- Soul Eater enhancements, +1 Enchantment, Illusion, and Necromancy
- Tainted Scholar enhancements, +2 universal but temporary, +2 Conjuration, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Transmutation, +1 universal
- Archmage enhancements, +2 any single school, +1 to a secondary school
- Pale Master enhancements, +2 Enchantment when in vampire form, +1 Necromancy when in lich form, +1 Necromancy
- Harper Agent enhancements, +1 universal, +10 universal but temporary
- Reaper enhancements, +4 universal, +2/4/6 universal but temporary
Spell Focus items
On randomly generated items, school-specific Spell Focus is available up to +6 and Insightful +3.
On crafted items and set bonuses
- You can use Cannith Crafting to craft school-specific Spell Focus +1 to +6 and Insightful +1 to +3.
- You can use Cannith Crafting to craft universal Spell Focus Mastery +1 to +5
- Alchemical Crafting (tier three) offers +2 bonus to selected schools (Evocation, Transmutation, Conjuration, or Enchantment)
- Thunder-Forged weapons can offer school-specific Spell Focus +6, or universal Spell Focus +3 (Equipment).
- Slave Lords Crafting Slave Lord's Sorcery set bonus offers +1 to +4 (Artifact)
- Seasons of Change sets: +1 / +2 Artifact bonus to Evocation DC
Rune Arms have a similar but different type of Focus that isn't directly tied to a Spell School but to the Rune Arm itself. These bonuses Increase the DC of the spell on the Rune Arm at the base regardless of the charge level.
This enchantment is also available on many named items.
Other stacking bonuses exist:
- Enhancement bonus on Yellow Augments
- Exceptional bonus on two-handed Thunder-Forged weapons
- Profane bonus on Thunder-Forged armor with Shadow Caster upgrade; also on named items
- Quality bonus on Spinneret and other items
- Filigrees on sentient weapons
Spell Focus Epic Destinies
- Spell School Specialist, Tier 2 Magister: +1 to +3 to the DC of a particular school. Requires you to have the Spell Focus feat for that school.
- Precise Casting: Evocation, Tier 2 Draconic Incarnation: +1/2 DC to spells of the selected school.