The Promise of Fire
The Sulatar Drow keep a relic known as the Eye of Fernia deep within this place, protected by a variety of guardians and traps.
|The Promise of Fire|
|Takes place in:||The Reliquary of Flame|
|Bestowed by:||Lady Sera Jaymes|
|NPC contact:||Lady Sera Jaymes|
|Quest acquired in:||Searing Heights|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Walk the Path of the Scorpion
- Walk the Path of the Sword
- Place the Scorpion Crest in its socket
- Place the Sword Crest in its socket
- Walk the Path of Flame
- Arrive at the relic vault
- Defeat the Guardians of the Vault
- Retrieve the Eye of Fernia
- (Optional) Gain access to the ancient tome — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
- Plenty of traps
- Collecting gate crests
- Collapsing floor
- Climbable vines (Particularly Sturdy Vines)
- Puzzle traps, dart traps, blade traps, fire jets, spiked pits and rolling boulders (cannot be disabled)
Tips and Misc
- The Scorrow, Heresy of the Vulkoorim, can only be killed in the room before the Scorpion Crest; it now leashes back to its spawn point if it tries to leave the corridor or falls down.
- The tile puzzle is semi-random, but it controls where blade traps are active or disarmed in the following room. Any lit tiles will correspond to safe floor tiles on the chequered floor of the 'Lever room' and those left unlit will be armed with active blade traps. Therefore the more puzzle tiles you "light-up" the fewer trapped floor tiles will remain, etc.
- Climbable vines (Particularly Sturdy Vines) are available in the west wing lower floor; allowing you to climb up through a collapsible floor, should you fall through the floor and you get stuck. Using the vines involves passing a Skills check. However, you can still climb out elsewhere on the lower floor at the far end past the lever gate where the ceiling collapses when you walk under it.
- To gain access to the Tome (Ancient Tome of Sulatar Rites and Ceremonies) and you must correctly set all three puzzle wheels on the lower floor, clues are behind vines on the walls.
- Wheel puzzle solution (Red Wheel: Yellow cross, Yellow Wheel: Blue diamond, Blue Wheel: Yellow square)
- Discreet bonus: 50 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 32 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 41 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 51 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Two:
- One optional locked under the collapsing floor
- One end chest
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop