Confused monsters attack and are attacked by both monsters and player characters. Confused monsters can use only their basic attack.
Confused player characters are stunned.
Note: Do not charm confused monsters. Such monsters cannot be attacked yet they can attack you.
Sources of confusion
- Several abilities in the Tainted Scholar enhancements
- Past Life: Delver of the Forbidden
- Create Thrall
Confused in PnP
- Confused source
- A confused character's actions are determined by rolling d% at the beginning of his turn.
- 1 - 10 = Attack caster with melee or ranged weapons (or close with caster if attacking is not possible.
- 11 - 20 = Act normally.
- 21 - 50 = Do nothing but babble incoherently.
- 51 - 70 = Flee away from caster at top possible speed.
- 71 - 100 = Attack the nearest creature (for this purpose, a familiar counts as part of the subject's self).
- A confused character who can't carry out the indicated action does nothing but babble incoherently.
- Attackers are not at any special advantage when attacking a confused character.
- Any confused character who is attacked automatically attacks its attackers on its next turn, so long as it is still confused when its turn comes.
- A confused character does not make attacks of opportunity against any creature that it is not already devoted to attacking (either because of its most recent action or because it has just been attacked).