The Curse of Strahd
|Requires access to : Mists of Ravenloft|
|The Curse of Strahd|
|Takes place in:||The Crypts of Castle Ravenloft|
|Bestowed by:||Rudolph van Richten|
|NPC contact:||Rudolph van Richten|
|Quest acquired in:||Blood on the Vine Tavern|
|Patron:||Keepers of the Feather|
|Free to Play:||No|
Complete the following chains in order (quests within chains can be completed in any order):
- In the Shadow of the Castle (Death House, Fresh-baked Dreams, and An Invitation to Dinner)
- The Vampire Hunters (Oath of Vengeance, A Raven at the Door, A Mad Tea Party, and Sealed in Amber)
- The Light of the Land (The Final Vintage, Wrath of the Earth, Raven's Bane, and Sunrise)
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Speak with Van Richten
- Have Madam Eva read your Cards
- Obtain the Icon of Ravenloft from Van Richten
- Obtain the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind from Van Richten
- Obtain the Sunsword from Van Richten
- Defeat Rahadin
- Find Strahd
- Defeat Strahd
- Spikes, gust of wind, spell wards on the stairs (17 total)
Tips and Misc
- Talk to Rudolph. Receive Holy Symbol of Ravenkind, Icon of Ravenloft, Sunsword.
- Talk to Madam Eva.
- (from bug thread ) When talking to Madam Eva at the start, you can receive 3 cards instead of 5 (marionnete, innocent, marionette) which renders the raid impossible to complete. If it happens to you, recall + reset + restart.
- Strahd's Grip
- You cannot move in this position.
- On your screen, Strahd calls out to you, "It appears that you are stuck. But then your ploy was always a desperate and futile one, in the end."
- You will be perished from the grip if not removed.
- Keeping a sentient weapon equipped and the sentient weapon narraration volume up can help you notice when you're gripped, as the sentient weapon will make a remark about being unable to move.
- If you find yourself gripped, the best course of action is spamming, 'g' into chat, or saying, "I am gripped."
- The two players with the Icon of Ravenloft and Holy Symbol are responsible for removing grip from affected party members. The Icon and Symbol will remove the grip affect, which will otherwise kill the affected player within seconds. They have 3 uses each, but will quickly regenerate 1 use each time they are fully depleted, assuming you keep them equipped.
- The trinkets must be equipped before being used, so it's recommended to keep them equipped throughout any portion of the raid in which grip occurs. Keeping them on a hotbar is necessary for using them on party members.
- An alternative method of protection from the Grip death effect is to use Divine Intervention on a player.
- The Icon and Symbol cannot be cast on yourself while gripped.
- Main Hall
- Defeat the steward, hate demons, and some dogs.
- Clear area of trash, which will consist of more of the Greater Shadows of Hate.
- Bring curse pots as the shadows can stack curses that will do damage.
- There is a shrine to the east, behind Strahd in Sergei's tomb; it is only accessible during this point of the raid.
- Exit south (or d-door), then use d-door next to van Richten in entry to proceed to stairs.
- Ascend the heavily trapped staircase. Mind the trash.
- There's at least one oil patch near the bottom of the steps, so Freedom of Movement is a plus
- Steel spikes, gusts of wind, spell wards can be disabled.
- Force spikes cannot be disabled, walk around them.
- Heavy Gravity in this area means no feather fall. If you must go past a non-disabled air jet trap, try to hug the wall.
- At the top, the person with Sunblade has to interact with the heart to proceed to the next phase.
- Climbing the stairs is the best place to get gripped, if fallen behind. You can use the Holy Symbol or Icon to remove this paralyzation.
- Trap locations are dependent on Card Drawings
- In the Heart
- Party must stay relatively close to where you enter. Do not wander into the mists.
- Party should focus mostly on killing mobs, not Strahd, as you're not really going to hurt him anyway.
- After fight, picking up the Sunsword will cause the exit to appear - go the rest of the way up the stairs to proceed to the next part.
- Return to Main Hall
- Torches under cards will need to be lit, in the same order as the cards were presented at the beginning of the raid or the raid will fail.
- Someone will need to tank Strahd while party finds cards in tombs.
- Note: Most cards are referred by using a coordinate plane. The alternate diagram indicates players start in the north, working to the south.
- Avoid the red mist in the middle of the room, it will hurt you.
- Trash should be dealt with quickly, or you end up with nasty mobs of flaming skulls that can quickly wipe the party.
- Proceed west to enter Strahd's tomb for final fight.
- as stand-alone map ,
- Strahd's Tomb
- Tank and prep brides and Strahd, to be killed together.
- If a bride is killed separately, she will respawn.
- Red mist will appear and cover 2/3 of the room - safe spot is random and can be north, south, or center.
- When Strahd and brides are dead, Sunsword plunged into Strahd in his coffin will finish the raid.
- - end fight bug discussion thread
- Update 39: Strahd's Chamber is now a no Dimension Door zone.
- Chests: Strahd Rune drop rates:
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
|Strahd von Zarovich (view)||Undead||Vampire|
|Anastrasya Karelova (view)||Undead||Vampire|
|Ludmilla Vilisvic (view)||Undead||Vampire|
|Rahadin (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Volenta Popofsky (view)||Undead||Vampire|
|Greater Shadow of Hate (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Shadow of Hate (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Torrid Flameskull (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Living Finger of Death (view)||Ooze||Spell|
|Strahd's Animated Armor (view)||Construct||Animated Object|