All adventure packs are free for a limited time! Until April 23, use the code
DUNGEONCRAWL in the DDO Store to unlock a plethora of free quests!
More info: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-free-dungeoncrawl
Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Base price modifier: +2
Effect: This weapon transmutes into a form that is able to bypass any metal-based Damage Reduction that can be bypassed.
Bypasses these DR types
Adamantine, Alchemical Silver, Byeshk, Cold Iron or Mithral
Doesn't bypass these DR types
Bludgeoning, Piercing, Slashing, Good, Evil, Lawful, Chaotic, Crystal, Epic
As of Update 1, Metalline replaced Transmuting as a prefix for weapons. It still conveys its same bonus of bypassing all non alignment based, non attack type based (bludgeoning, piercing, slashing) damage reduction it did before.
Developer words on the topic
- Won't work as Flametouched Iron
- Originally Posted by Junts
- The logic here I understand, however, there is a material that allows weapons to break dr/good (flametouched iron): why exactly can transmuting weapons not become flametouched iron and break dr/good? Is this an intentional nerf of transmuting, or an oversight regarding the material?
- We had this discussion internally, and the end consensus was that our transmuting weapons would be able to bypass material based damage reduction - if something possessed DR/Flametouched Iron, DR/Aluminum, or even DR/Wood, it would be vulnerable to the weapon.
- Transmuting weapons do not gain all of the properties of the materials they resemble, such as Adamantine's extreme hardness or Mithral's light weight, so we ended up deciding that neither do they gain Flametouched Iron's abilities to bypass DR/Good or to grant conditional saving throw bonuses nor Greensteel's ability to bypass DR/Evil or eat one's face.
- - Eladrin, forums.ddo.com
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO library
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Items > Item groups > Items by enchantment > Weapon enchantments > Weapon prefixes
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > Pages sourced by DDO forums > Developer words