The mists envelop you for a moment, giving way to a woodland road that is at once familiar and strange.
|Requires access to : Mists of Ravenloft|
|Takes place in:||The Abbey of Saint Markovia|
|Bestowed by:||Ireena Kolyana|
|Quest acquired in:||The Land of Barovia|
|Patron:||Keepers of the Feather|
|Free to Play:||No|
Unknown Ireena Kolyana thinks the legendary Sunsword may be the key to defeating Strahd. Explore the Abbey of Saint Markovia and find the Sunsword. Then meet Ireena at the Shrine of the White Sun inside the Abbey grounds
- Find the Sunsword
- Let Ireena into the Shrine of the White Sun
- Find the Abbey key
- Speak with Otto Belview about entering the Abbey
- Speak with the Abbot
- Explore the Abbey
- Talk to Ireena and give her the Sunsword
- Drive off Strahd
- (Optional) Speak with Madam Eva — Bonus (0%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Vladislav the Enduring — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Read the Abbot’s journals — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Speak with Ezmerelda d’Avenir — Bonus (8%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Tell the Abbot what you think of the Abbey — Bonus (2%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Abbot — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Pacify the ghosts — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
- Respawning monsters
- Blade trap after the crest-locked door; no control panel, but there is a lever beyond them to shut them off.
Tips and Misc
- In order to drive off Strahd, kite him into the pool of water and reduce him to 0 health. When he is in the pool a Holy Water debuff will be applied to him.
- This quest contains a randomly located mysterious altar. Madam Eva might give you hints about its location.
- The buff from this altar will disappear if you use Dimension Door, but will remain when you recall from the quest as long as you remain in the wilderness.
- Madam Eva will draw three cards. The first card tells you a hint about where the Sunsword is located. Possible locations include the shepherd's field outside of the Abbey near the entrance, inside an ancient tomb immediately to the right of the quest entrance, inside a wine casket just down the steps from the Abbot, and inside a chest in the Mongrelmen barracks. The second card tells you where the Small Shrine is that gives you a temporary buff. Like the Sunsword, the Shrine can be either outside the Abbey, inside the Abbey, in the surgery ward, or in the basement dungeon area. The third card gives a clue to either a random optional objective with a loot chest, or to Ezmerelda who will help you fight Strahd in the final encounter. Some of the random named encounters include an Undead Lich in the outdoor graveyard near the entrance, and a group of Spectre healers in the surgery ward.
- The Tarnished Key is also in a random location outside the Abbey, but none of the Madame Eva cards refers to the Tarnished Key. The Key is either in the graveyard area, in the alley between the Abbey doors and the shepherd's pasture, in the pasture itself, or right near Otto and the door. The Tarnished Key is always located in plain sight, but surrounded by a few enemies.
- Possible cards from Madam Eva
- Miser: Seek the light where the Abbot hoards his most precious treasures - the sun of a hundred afternoons, sealed in bottles and aged into liquid hope.
- Bishop: Seek the light in the Bishop's bed. He sleeps among the monks of old.
- Donjon: A blessing lies hidden here, down in the halls deep beneath.
- Druid: A blessing lies hidden here, in the cool shadows of the trees.
- Ghost: I see souls who searched for peace long ago. They found torment instead.
- Broken One: Seek the light among the broken ones. They wanted to be more than than they were. They found madness instead.
- Transmuter: A blessing lies hidden here, where flesh is forged into new forms.
- Mists: I see the enemy of your enemy. She waits for you in a room above the mists.
- Wizard: I see a wizard who has slept through the ages. His bed is cold, and his blanket is made of marble.
- Shepherd: Seek the light in the field where the shepherd tended his flock.
- The Dismal Shrine by the second set of shrines continuously spawns a Walking Corpse, which will slowly wander up the slope, every 15 seconds as long as somebody is in that section of the Abbey, until it is destroyed. The spawns seem to cap at four at a time, however.
- Ireena is just outside the door when you get to the pool of water and Shire of the White Sun. You have to open the door to let her in.
- Devious bonus: 10+ or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 176 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 223 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 296 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 12 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 15 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 19 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: To get a kills bonus may require killing respawning zombies
- Chests: 5
- Collectables: 4
- Scroll Rack on the main floor, near the stairs
- Adventurer's Pack on the Courtyard Battlements
- Rubble in the East Abbey, Lower Level
- Adventurer's Pack in the Root Cellar
- NPC rewards: N/A
Named Chest Drop
|Sergei von Zarovich (NoPic)||Undead||Vampire|
|The Abbot (view)||Outsider||Angel|
|Vladislav the Enduring (view)||Undead||Lich|
|Crawling Claw (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Dismal Shrine (NoPic)|
|Mongrelfolk (view)||CR||Monstrous Humanoid||Wildman|
|Strahd Zombie (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Walking Corpse (view)||Undead||Zombie|