Wrath of the Earth
Evil Druids who worship Strahd convene atop Yester Hill, at the very edge of Strahd's domain. It is here they have taken one of the Martikov's magic gems.
|Requires access to : Mists of Ravenloft|
|Wrath of the Earth|
|Takes place in:||Yester Hill|
|Bestowed by:||Grilsha Targolova|
|NPC contact:||Grilsha Targolova|
|Quest acquired in:||The Land of Barovia|
|Patron:||Keepers of the Feather|
|Free to Play:||No|
|Wrath of the Earth is the 2nd quest in The Light of the Land .|
|The Final Vintage • Wrath of the Earth • Ravens' Bane • Sunrise|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the stolen gem
- Bypass the outer ring
- Bypass the inner ring
- Stop the Archdruid’s ritual
- Search the statue of Strahd
- (Optional) Destroy the Ghost of Kavan — Bonus (8.8%): Heroic Epic
Tips and Misc
- The quest is pretty straight forward. There are random mobs in the forest that do not need to be cleared unless you are going for the conquest XP bonus.
- Work your way counter-clockwise (to the right) around the outer ring. Random mobs are located on the field as you work your way to the south of the map. There are also mobs of Blights that will come out of the ground to attack you as well.
- At about the 7 o'clock position, a mob of Mountain Folk Werewolves will attack you out of the mist.
- Located on the West and South side of the map is the Ravenloft Mist. Stepping into it will drain you a level and teleport you back to the Northwest corner of the map.
- Once you get to the shrine, a mob of Svalich Druids and Mist Wolves will attack. Clearing them out will open a portion of the electric fence to the outer ring.
- Going left around the outside of the outer ring seems to be impassible as there is a line of Ravenloft Mist before the shrine area to the ring of stones.
- Once you are inside of the outer ring, continue to work your way counter-clockwise and defeat more mobs on your way to the North.
- Getting to the North area of the map (where the dirt path goes into the center) there is another mob of Druids with Blights that when defeated, will open a portion of the electric fence to the inner ring.
- If you continue to go counter-clockwise between the outer and inner circle, you will get to the South area where the named spectre, Kavan the Blood Spear spawns with a chest.
- At the pinnacle of the hill, inside the ring of stones, is the red named Corrupt Archdruid. Approaching him will start the fight. As his health goes down, he will call the druids and blights inside the circle to activate and attack you. It is possible to aggro the mobs outside the ring during the fight but they will be unable to come in as a seal goes up around the exits during the fight. Once the fight with the Corrupt Archdruid ends, they will come in and attack so be careful.
- Search the statue of Strahd to finish the quest and collect the chest behind the statue for named loot.
- Devious bonus: 19+ or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 179 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 228 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 2
- One for defeating the Kavan the Blood Spear
- End chest after searching the statue of Strahd
- Collectables: None
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop