An ooze is an amorphous or mutable creature, usually mindless.
An ooze has the following features.
- 10-sided Hit Dice.
- Base attack bonus equal to ¾ total Hit Dice (as cleric).
- No good saving throws.
- Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, if the ooze has an Intelligence score. However, most oozes are mindless and gain no skill points or feats.
- Splitting: Most Oozes will split into two when attacked by slashing & piercing weapons. Exceptions: Gray oozes and Gelatinous Cubes
- Vulnerability: As members of the Ooze monster class, they are further damaged by the Ooze Bane weapon enhancement.
- Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Blind (but have the blindsight special quality), with immunity to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, critical hits and sneak attack (no vital areas).
Vulnerabilities / Immunities
1 This list doesn't include named or special types but the most generic versions. For more details see Monster DR and weaknesses or the respective creature entry below.and
<ncl>Ooze type monsters</ncl>
Sources: ©1995-2004 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Revised (3.5) System Reference Document which is considered Open Game Content under the Open Game License. Viewable at: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/20040121a