The server data for the ninth season of the Hardcore League is wiped on March 6th! Make sure to transfer any characters you still want!
Mithral is a very rare silvery, glistening metal that is lighter than iron but just as hard. When worked like steel, it becomes a wonderful material from which to create armor and is occasionally used for other items as well. Mithral has several unique properties:
- Most mithral armors are one "weight category" lighter than normal for purposes of movement and other limitations. Heavy armor is treated as medium, and medium armor is treated as light - but light armor is still treated as light.
- Maximum dexterity bonus is increased by 2.
- Armor check penalties are decreased by 3 (to a minimum of 0).
- Arcane Spell Failure chances for both armor and shields are decreased by 10%.
- An item* made from mithral weighs half as much as the same item made from other metals. In the case of weapons, this lighter weight does not change a weapon’s size category or the ease with which it can be wielded (whether it is light, one-handed, or two-handed).
- * Note: The majority of named items that are mithral don't get this benefit. All lootgen items do.
Mithral random loot no longer drops in the game, with the exception of mithral shields; those can appear in the end reward for the Waterworks chain. (Update 46.2 reintroduced material types for random loot)