Oath of Vengeance
|Requires access to : Mists of Ravenloft|
|Oath of Vengeance|
|Takes place in:||Argynvostholt|
|Bestowed by:||Zigmund Kovalev|
|NPC contact:||Zigmund Kovalev|
|Quest acquired in:||The Land of Barovia|
|Patron:||Keepers of the Feather|
|Free to Play:||No|
Zigmund Kovalev, one of the Keepers of the Feather, wants your help returning a Silver Dragon skull to Vladimir Horngaard inside Argynvostholt. There's just one catch: Vladimir and his followers are all Revenants.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Speak with Vladimir Horngaard
- Open the gate to the upper floor (3 levers)
- Open Argynvost's mausoleum
- Find a way to light the beacon
- (Optional) Read all the documents — Bonus (12%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Rubyeye — Bonus (20%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Find the Tarnished Key — Bonus (2%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Use the Tarnished Key to open the locked door — Bonus (3%): Heroic Epic
- Random traps (pressure plates) in empty rooms (north side, far corners) on top floor, en route to Rubyeyes
Tips and Misc
- Avoid the beacon ray once it is lit - it will cause bodily damage
- Use the 3 levers marked on the map to open the barricade to the stairs to the 2nd floor. Splitting up will make this go much faster as they are far apart. Two of them are in the Mausoleum beneath the stairs, the other is on the ground floor. (Red: Up the middle entry stairs, all the way north, one room west. Yellow: Down the left entry stairs, head northeast. Blue: Down the right entry stairs, go east via south, in the large cathedral room due east, the switch is upstairs.)
- Talk to Vladimir on the 2nd floor, no matter what you say he will attack you. He will drop a key once killed. You do not need to do anything else on the second floor.
- Head to the Mausoleum and place the skull there.
- After placing the skull, arrange the mirrors to hit the relay, then use the stairs nearby to go up and access the beacon area.
- Kill the boss and solve the tile puzzle while avoiding the trapped tiles to activate the beacon.
- Aggression bonus: 94 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 123 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 2 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 16 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 21 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 26 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 1 locked near Southern relay crystal behind secret door
- 1 in locked room (Use Tarnished Key)
- 1 for defeating Rubyeyes
- 1 (final) upstairs in Puzzle Tile room
- NPC rewards: