The Chronoscope is a mysterious artifact from before your time... and now the fate of time itself is in your hands!
|Requires access to : Dragonblood Prophecy|
|Takes place in:||The Chronoscope - again?*|
|Bestowed by:||Sariyon Dran-Dal|
|NPC contact:||Sariyon Dran-Dal|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||Agents of Argonnessen|
|Free to Play:||No|
Sariyon Dran-Dal informed you that the wards surrounding the Chronoscope have been breached. Meet him at the Chronoscope to investigate what is amiss.
- Investigate the Chronoscope
- Gather your group before speaking with Sariyan
- Stop Kor Kaza from completing her ritual
- Enter the rift and protect the timeline
- (Failure Condition) Kor Kaza completes her ritual
- Kor Kaza's Ritual: Paused/5%-100%
What to Expect
- Lockout: After speaking to Sariyan
- Resurrection timer for Hard (1:30)/Elite
- Group split via party communication
- Some Mario skills for Reverse Gravity jumping
- Chaos Orb damage, force damage from circle on the ground gimmick, and disintegrate (untyped) damage over time
- Revisit of some previous raids and quests. Knowledge and experience from ToD part 2 and The Lord of Blades is useful to complete this raid
Tips and Misc
- Must be level 28 or higher to enter the raid.
- Tentative Community Notes -
- Some means of Feather Falling is mandatory as you will be required to use the updrafts to get around the map.
- All players, especially the tank, should have some form of electrical absorb, either from the Legendary Ring of Flickering Steel or by twisting Energy Sheath, as Kor Kaza's lightning breath does massive damage. Divine Energy Resistance is also useful for buffing the party.
- This raid requires at least 1 tank with intim high enough for Kor Kaza and 1 healer, although 2 healers are preferred as the party is required to split up.
- Hate tanking by doing damage to Kor Kaza is not advised, as trash will start spawning once Kor Kaza loses very little hp, 5% or less. The trash will then likely kill the healer followed by the tank, causing the raid to fail.
- The healer assigned to stay with the tank should ideally have some means of regaining SP, such as from a bardic inspiration, clickies, SP pots or converting turn undead charges to SP. He should also have a large SP pool. Alternatively, if the party has at least 2 healers, each healer can rotate between healing the tank and healing the group inside each Time Rift because at the end of each Time Rift there is a shrine.
- At least 2 healers are preferred because when the party splits up to go into the rifts, the boss in the rift will usually aggro the highest DPS player who will be forced to tank the boss. Unless he is overgeared for the difficulty, he will need constant healing to tank the boss. Kiting is not advised as melee characters will do nearly no damage while chasing the boss and in the case of the Tower of Despair rift, may cause a wipe.
- Depending on the difficulty, some tanks do not require a dedicated healer and can self-heal.
- Due to having the highest gearing requirements of all raids as of Feb 2019, most players in the raid should be in full or near full Legendary gear, with the Ravenloft Adherent's set bonus and armor set bonus (dependant on build). Undergeared parties will fail the raid as there are DPS checks throughout the raid.
- One player needs to be assigned to kite the shadows in the Tower of Despair fight. This player should ideally have higher than average move speed from barbarian, bard or monk speed bonuses. He should also have a ranged weapon to grab aggro if the shadows switch targets and should have high cold resist and cold absorb. Potions of Fire Shield (warm) or the Fire Shield spell will work.
- A second player needs to be assigned to pull the pit fiend once the kiter has gotten shadow aggro and then pull him to the throne so that the kiter can kite the shadows around the room safely. This player needs to be able to bypass the pit fiend's DR or the pit fiend will ignore him.
- The kiter also needs to have sufficient hp and defenses to not die to the pit fiend before someone can pull the pit fiend. If the kiter dies, the shadows will start going after everyone and likely cause a wipe.
- Players new to the raid should be told to follow one of the players who will be going into the rifts, as it is very common for players to follow the tank blindly instead of going into the rifts, and they will likely damage Kor Kaza, causing trash to spawn and the raid to fail.
- They should also be instructed to kite shadows if they get shadow aggro, and to keep an eye out for any shadows that may decide to wander over to the throne instead of DPSing the pit fiend blindly.
- After the dialogue ends, players can start dropping down into the void to clear the bottom areas. When you drop down into the void, you are sent to a random dungeon and cannot exit until it is cleared, which usually requires you to kill a red named boss, but in the case of The Pit, requires you to use several valves. When a dungeon is cleared, any players who end up in the dungeon again can simply exit quickly instead of clearing the dungeon again. The dungeons are cleared at the start just in case players are knocked off the islands during the Kor Kaza fights, so that they can get back to the fight ASAP.
- The bottom dungeons are Seal of Shan to Kor, The Deeps (demon boss battle in the Red Fens last quest), Wiz King, Dreaming Dark, Gianthold Tor and The Pit. Players should call out which dungeons they have cleared. Gianthold Tor requires that the pair be killed within 10 seconds of each other as per the regular quest.
- It is not essential to clear the bottom areas, an experienced party can avoid having anyone knocked off by wing buffet or accidentally falling, but someone almost always falls down in a pug group.
- While the party is clearing bottom, the tank and healer should be keeping Kor Kaza busy to prevent her from completing the ritual. No damage needs to be done to pause the ritual, and Kor Kaza should not be damaged until the party is ready as trash will quickly start spawning once very little damage is done to Kor Kaza (5% or less).
- If nobody is alive to keep Kor Kaza occupied, she will resume the ritual and the raid will fail once it reaches 100%.
- Once the bottom is cleared, the party can DPS Kor Kaza, conserving resources at this point. Kor Kaza will move to another island after taking some damage.
- On the second island, trash will start spawning after Kor kaza takes some damage. Players with instant kills (typically casters, but rogues with assassinate work as well) should clear these.In this phase, Kor Kaza will start using her lightning breath attack. Getting hit can be fatal to anyone who isn't the tank, so do not stand in front of Kor Kaza. Red Orbs will also move around damage to players, so healers need to keep the party healed.
- The tank needs to block to avoid being blown off from the island by Kor Kaza's wing buffet. Ideally he should be blocking the entire time and spamming intimidate.
- This is a DPS race as trash and orbs will continue spawning till Kor Kaza loses almost all of her HP which ends the phase.
- When Kor Kaza flies off, she will also inflict players with a "curse of doom" debuff that does damage over time, this can be removed by drinking a remove curse potion.
- Only the tank and healer should follow Kor Kaza. No other players should be following her to the next island.
First Time Rift
- This is essentially a repeat of VoN 3, with the Marut boss fight at the end. Chaotic weapons are necessary to bypass the Marut's DR, which is significant in this raid. No special strategy is required, just DPS the Marut down and shrine after.
- If the healer with the tank needs to shrine, they should switch with another healer and go into the second time rift.
- The party should DPS Kor Kaza as before, conserving resources for this fight. Kor Kaza will also start marking players with a blue circle and countdown timer above their heads, when the timer reaches 0, the player will be hit by an AOE electrical damage. Players marked by the timer should move away from others to avoid hitting them with the AOE.
- Kor Kaza can also debuff MRR, expect to take more electrical damage than you are used to.
- After taking some damage, Kor Kaza will fly off to another island. Again, this is a DPS race except that different trash will spawn.
- Chronophages, which look like glowing red wisps, will spawn as Kor Kaza takes more damage and should be a priority target for instant kills as they do a lot of damage. Physical DPS should keep hitting the dragon unless none of the casters can instant kill the trash.
- When Kor Kaza loses most of her hp, she will fly off and another time rift will spawn on this island. Only the Tank and Healer should follow Kor Kaza.
Second Time Rift
- This is a copy of the Tower of Despair shadow fight. Nobody should move after entering. When the party has entered, the kiter will move forward to trigger the dialogue and grab the shadows' aggro. A ranged or caster should hit the pit fiend to grab aggro and the party should fight the pit fiend at the throne.
- The shadows deal massive cold damage with their aura to anyone nearby, anyone who has shadow aggro should kite it until the kiter can re-establish aggro. Do not bring the shadows over to the party as it will cause a wipe. The party should keep an eye out for shadows that wander over to the throne instead of DPSing the pit fiend blindly.
- Fight at the throne, even if you are a ranged/caster, do not move off the platform as you may attract shadow aggro and the fight will take significantly longer if the pit fiend runs off the platform to chase players. Shrine after the fight.
- This is the part where parties usually fail as players tend to not pay attention while DPSing the pit fiend, and do not notice shadows wandering over to the throne, or if the kiter happens to die while kiting the shadows.
- DPS Kor Kaza and after she takes some damage, she will fly to another island.
- More trash will spawn, except that chronophages will have a shield preventing them from taking regular damage. They can still be instant killed however. Again, this is a DPS race.
- After Kor Kaza loses most of her hp, she will fly to another island. Only the tank and healer should follow her.
Third Time Rift
- This is a copy of the Lord of Blades fight, but knocking down the pillars is not required.
- One player with high aggro, typically a DPS, should grab the hounds and kite them away from the Lord of Blades, as they constantly create a ground AOE that deals massive damage and they also buff the Lord of Blades with a damage reduction buff.
- The fight will take much longer if nobody keeps the hounds away from the Lord of Blades. At periodic points, the Lord of Blades will resurrect the hounds (if any are dead) and recall them to his side, so the kiter has to re-establish aggro. Do not bother trying to kill the hounds as they will be constantly resurrected.
- After the Lord of Blades loses all of his hp, the raid will end as Sariyon dispels the wards surrounding the Chronosphere and additional dragons arrive to help.
- Chests: 1 end chest for LN, contains Time Runes
- Collectables: None
- NPC rewards: Standard, no 20th completion reward as Raid Rune system is in place
Named Chest Drop
|Lord of Blades (view)||Living Construct||Warforged|
|Nythirios (view)||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Champion Deathblood (view)||Giant||Troll|
|Demon of the Frenzied Blood (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Groktin (view)||Heroic, Epic||Aberration||Beholder|
|Guardian of Shan-To-Kor (view)||Construct||Golem|
|Shadowfiend (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Pragon Luridae (view)||Heroic, Epic||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Bladeforged Assassin (view)||Living Construct||Warforged|
|Chronoscope Parasite (view)||Aberration||Spell|
|Echo of a Luridae Hunter (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Fire Reaver (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Greater Earth Elemental (view)||Elemental||Earth Elemental|