When you take your first level in a divine class (i.e. Cleric, Favored Soul, and Paladin),you get to choose a deity. Each deity has one favored weapon; as you take additional divine levels, you might get additional benefits.
Default favored weapons
Depending on your race, you can select one of the following: Bastard Sword, Dagger, Greatsword, Heavy Mace, Longbow, Longsword, Maul, Quarterstaff, Scimitar, Shortsword, Sickle, Warhammer
|Quarterstaff||Aureon||Eberron races except Bladeforged|
|Dagger||Blood of Vol||Eberron races except Bladeforged|
|Greatsword||Lord of Blades||Bladeforged, Warforged only|
|Sickle||Olladra||Eberron races except Bladeforged|
|Warhammer||Onatar||Eberron races except Bladeforged|
|Longbow||Silver Flame||Eberron races except Bladeforged|
|Longsword||Sovereign Host||Eberron races except Bladeforged|
|Scimitar||Undying Court||Elf, Half-Elf only|
|Heavy Mace||Amaunator||Forgotten Realms races|
|Bastard Sword||Helm||Forgotten Realms races except Morninglord|
|Maul||Silvanus||Forgotten Realms races except Morninglord|
Additional favored weapons
Certain abilities allow you to add another weapon or weapon group as an extra favored weapon.
- Dwarven Waraxe: Dwarf enhancements
- Greatsword: Paladin Knight of the Chalice - Holy Combatant
- Heavy Crossbow, Light Crossbow: Inquisitive - Divine Inquisition
- Rapier, Falchion, and Shortbow: Wood Elf - Faith of the Forest
- Longsword, Longbow, Morningstar, Greatsword (select one): Paladin Divine Crusader - The Book of War
- Longsword, Battle Axe, Heavy Mace, Morningstar, and War Hammer: Paladin Knight of the Chalice - Adept Combatant
- Warforged and Bladeforged treat Spear of the Mournlands (quarterstaff) as their favored weapon.
- Weapons with the Favored Weapon enchantment are favored weapons for everyone.
Abilities that require favored weapons
Certain abilities require that you wield a favored weapon in your main hand.
- War Soul enhancements and Warpriest enhancements
- Divine Crusader T6: The Book of War: Wrath of the Divine: While wielding a Favored Weapon in your Main Hand, you gain +1 to Hit and Damage for every 2 Religious Lore Feats you have with all equipped weapons and shields. (1 Rank, 1AP)
Nov 2020: ... there are a few abilities that grant extra Favored Weapons that work in most cases, but aren't working with FvS Grace/Knowledge of battle right now. Specifically, Dwarven Axe Training (for Dwarven Axes, Book of War (for a couple weapons from Divine Crusader), and Adept/Holy Combatant (a couple weapons from KOTC). We're working on a fix, won't be in the next patch but should hopefully be in one soon.