When you take your first level in a divine class (i.e. Cleric, Favored Soul, and Paladin),you get to choose a deity. Each deity has one favored weapon; as you take additional divine levels, you might get additional benefits.
Default favored weapons
Depending on your race, you can select one of the following:
- Bastard Sword, Dagger, Greatsword, Heavy Mace, Longbow, Longsword, Maul, Quarterstaff, Scimitar, Shortsword, Sickle, Warhammer
Additional favored weapons
Certain abilities allow you to add another weapon or weapon group as an extra favored weapon.
- Dwarven Waraxe: Dwarf enhancements
- Greatsword: Holy Combatant
- Heavy Crossbow, Light Crossbow: Divine Inquisition
- Rapier, Falchion, and Shortbow: Faith of the Forest
- Longsword, Longbow, Morningstar, Greatsword (select one): The Book of War
- Longsword, Battle Axe, Heavy Mace, Morningstar, and War Hammer: Adept Combatant
Abilities that require favored weapons
Certain abilities require that you wield a favored weapon in your main hand.