All adventure packs are free for a limited time! Until April 23, use the code
DUNGEONCRAWL in the DDO Store to unlock a plethora of free quests!
More info: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-free-dungeoncrawl
Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
The Lord of Blades
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking the edit link above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
The way leads into the bedrock below the Manufactury. Runes abound in the tunnels here, and they seem older than the Cannith structures above.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|The Lord of Blades|
|Heroic XP:||♦6,383Normal ♥6,600Hard ♠6,816Elite|
|Takes place in:||Eldritch Site Prime|
|Bestowed by:||Ceros d'Cannith|
|NPC contact:||Ceros d'Cannith|
|Quest acquired in:||House Cannith|
|Purchase:||Secrets of the Artificers or VIP|
You have learned that the reason the Lord of Blades attacked the Cannith Manufactury was to gain access to an ancient Creation Forge located beneath the complex. Ceros d'Cannith wants you to venture down into the Research Facility deep inside the Cannith Manufactury and stop the Lord of Blades before he learns the secrets of the Creation Forge.
- Note: Although this raid is shown on the map of The Cannith Manufactury wilderness, the raid can also be entered via the quest giver, located in a raised alcove at the extreme north end of the House Cannith enclave. This allows a raid party to skip a lengthy run through two wilderness areas.
No flagging is required for this raid.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Defeat the Lord of Blades
- Disable the pillars' Power Links to seal the portal
- (Optional) Talk down the Warforged converts — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣-0 ♦638 ♥660 ♠682 )
- (Optional) Grudge Maker: Mark the Lord of Blades twice — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣-0 ♦638 ♥660 ♠682 )
- (Optional) Domination: Mark the Lord of Blades thrice — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣-0 ♦638 ♥660 ♠682 )
Tips and Misc
- There are 2 lockouts in the raid. 1st one is an arch/door close to the entrance and is activated when talking to an NPC. The 2nd one is activated, right after shrine, when someone starts the endfight.
- This is a raid where pets are not welcome. They can, and will, run ahead and trigger the barrier to drop, causing lockout. You cannot get back in if your scout happened to have been inside at the time. It's unclear if the pet's death/entrance alone will cause a permanent barrier, but it's possible.
- When the pillars' Power Links are fully active, the power of the forge will be active in the center. It will give the power of the forge buff (Grants DR15/-, various other power ups and allows players to float on the water to attack the powerlink in melee.) It gives the Lord of Blades a far more powerful buff, so is recommended you get the buff before he does, or destroy them.
- Hound of Blades can inflict an AOE debuff to players which causes overcharged effect (10d10 lightning damage to a player)
- Hound of Blades can also trigger a massive AOE that buffs all friendly targets (including the Lord himself) with a short duration −25% damage shield buff, they can both do this and they stack for up to −50% damage from all incoming sources. Destroy them or keep them away from the Lord to prevent this.
- If they are killed, he will revive his hounds at 75%, 40%, and 5% health.
- See the raid boss entry: Lord of Blades for further information on his various specials, buffs and debuffs.
- From 100% to 75% he can perform a Mighty Blow Stun and Slam special attacks, inflict Binding Chains, and cause wounds that lower your maximum HP
- At 75% to 40% he will perform super leaps that result in a single powerful attack or a power charge, and uses devastating whirlwind attacks.
- At 40% he can perform his Rain of Blades attack, when he crouches down and fires blades from his back, the safest spot is in the exact center, otherwise it inflicts massive DOT.
- At 5% he will summon reinforcements in waves. Note that he cannot be killed, although you can continue to fight him for an optional. To finish the raid, destroy the remaining power links.
- To mark the Lord of Blades (and thus complete the Grudge Maker and Domination optionals) you need to reduce him to zero health without having disabled the pillars. He will then respawn at full health. Each time you do this counts as marking him once.
- The (Optional) Talk down the Warforged converts actually lists the DC's required to talk them down unlike most NPC dialog. They list DC65 Intim/Bluff for non-warforged characters. DC45 if you're warforged.
- Note: Unlike most dialog options, all of these offer a 1d20 roll + your relevant skill vs the DC (shown in the combat log). The DCs above refer to the modified result. For example: A Warforged with an intimidate of 40 could roll of a 5 + 40 = 45 and succeed. Be warned you only get 1 attempt at this, and failure will cause them to attack you.
- Followers of the Lord of Blades (For example: Warforged Paladins, Clerics and Favored Souls with faith enhancement) can automatically succeed at this optional by choosing the (Blades Faith Tenant) option.
- Once the (Optional) Talk down the Warforged converts is complete, they will tell you about a nearby Secret door. Unlike most secret doors, you cannot detect this one with True Seeing or any other means other than the Search skill. Search DC is fairly low; 30 on Normal, increasing for the higher difficulty settings. Generally anyone with a decent INT and the common Epic Treasure Hunter's Spyglass can reach this search even with 0 ranks on normal given standard raid buffs. Behind the door you'll find a chest with standard random loot.
- The quest map shows four rooms which are no longer accessible in the raid. These were associated with an optional where players could fight and bind four red-named elementals, one in each room, for a 10% XP bonus and an extra chest with now-deprecated crafting ingredients. The portal to these rooms no longer spawns.
- Aggression bonus: 60 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣-0 ♦638 ♥660 ♠682 )
- Onslaught bonus: 69 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣-0 ♦957 ♥990 ♠1,022 )
- Conquest bonus: 79 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣-0 ♦1,596 ♥1,650 ♠1,704 )
- Chests: Up to three:
- One on the way to the Creation Forge for completing (Optional) Talk down the Warforged converts, hidden behind a secret door (Random loot only)
- Up to two chests at the end:
- One for raid completion (Contains 15–40 Khyber Binding fragments and a chance at various Cannith power cells)
- One for completing (Optional) Domination: Mark the Lord of Blades thrice. May contain named loot
- Collectables: Two bookshelves at the end.
- NPC rewards: Standard. Select from 8 random items. Max ML18. Special rewards on every 10th completion: Your choice of standard spirit, cell or compound. Also a small chance at a random refined spirit.
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Quests with no traps
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > Secrets of the Artificers quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Long quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 7 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 20 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > House Cannith quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > House Cannith patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Eldritch Site Prime quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Raids
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Raids > Heroic raids