Magical Beast type
This article is underlinked:
This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. Please help improve this article by adding links that are relevant to the context within the existing text. (February 2016)
Magical beasts are similar to animals but can have Intelligence scores higher than 2. Magical beasts usually have supernatural or extraordinary abilities, but sometimes are merely bizarre in appearance or habits.
A magical beast has the following features.
- 10-sided Hit Dice.
- Base attack bonus equal to total Hit Dice (as fighter).
- Good Fortitude and Reflex saves.
- Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.
A magical beast possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- Darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision.
- Proficient with its natural weapons only.
- Proficient with no armor.
- Magical beasts eat, sleep, and breathe.
- Magical beasts can be affected by Druid's or Ranger's Wild Empathy and Improved Wild Empathy abilities.
<ncl>Magical Beast type monsters</ncl>
Sources: ©1995-2004 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Revised (3.5) System Reference Document which is considered Open Game Content under the Open Game License. Viewable at: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/20040121a