Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
|Quests by ...
(sortable DPL by name, level†, XP, adpack, patron, favor)
|Quests by location||Quests by update|
|Adventure packs||Challenge quests||Epic quests||Free to Play quests||Pay to Play quests||Raids||Wilderness adventure areas||Sagas|
Adventure packs are collections of quests that are connected by theme, location and/or story line. Some of the content can be played individually, while some forms a chain that can or must be run together, often for a special end-reward. VIPs (only) have access to most adventure packs, but not all.
Adventure packs are purchased individually from the DDO Store for an account, using DDO Points, and are server wide for that account. (Guest Passes are also available for most adventure packs, but the buyer must already own that pack to purchase a guest pass.)
When choosing an adventure pack, you may want to consider:
- A source of XP: Some packs provide better XP than F2P quests.
- Named Loot: Newer packs tend to have better loot, and some packs offer their own crafting system. But some older packs have classic items.
- Fun and variety: Do you need a change of pace from what you currently run?
- Popularity: How often do you see LFM's for these quests in the Social Panel, or in your Guild?
- Favor*: Total and/or specific Patron.
- Sagas: Some packs include a Saga, some don't, some are only part of one.
- Timing: It's generally better to buy a pack just over your current level, so you can get full experience from it, instead of waiting until you reincarnate. This may not be true if you're just buying a pack for Favor.
- Sales: Weekly DDO Sales start every Thursday, are usually 20-30% off, and rarely as high as 50%. Not all weekly sales contain sales on Adventure Packs. Sales are announced in the forums. The three big yearly sale events are Summer Sail Sale (in July), Black Friday Sale (late November), and the Midwinter Holiday Sale (starting mid-late December), when discounts of 35-50% are common, and occasionally even larger.
- (* In the table below, "Favor per 100 DDO Points" compares how much total favor a pack offers for the price you pay. So, a pack that costs twice as much as another may or may not give twice as much total favor, and so on. Almost all packs give favor for only one patron, as listed below.)
Many related discussions can be found in the forums; one such is here.
Notes re individual packs are listed below table.
- 1) Vaults of the Artificers "Epic" challenges reward Epic-level items, but no Epic tokens; however, Epic ingredients can be exchanged for Epic fragments/tokens.
- 2) Disciples of Shadow - Two of the 3 quests are F2P, the third quest is only available to players who have purchased the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion pack.
- 3) Shadow Over Wheloon and The Secret of the Storm Horns - The two adventure packs are part of the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion pack.
Adventure Pack meta
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta > DDO Store
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > Pages sourced by DDO forums