White Plume Mountain and Other Tales
|725 Requires access to : White Plume Mountain and Other Tales|
The Pen-and-paper adventure is a classic dungeon crawl, consisting of 3 separate paths filled with traps, obstacles, puzzles, and fairly powerful monsters, each leading to one of three different sentient weapons hidden at the end of each path.
The DDO offering is an adventure pack with 5 quests:
- Main quest: The quest giver is in the Hall of Heroes.
- 4 side quests: The quest givers are located in the Twelve on the east side of the tower, the opposite side from the entrance to Meridia. The quests grant favor of the Twelve.
Just like most non-expansion content, the quests are free to VIP.
- There is a separate purchase item, unrelated to the quests except by name (and by theme and timing), called White Plume Mountain Bonus Items. That separate purchase contains cosmetics, Sentient XP, and the Falconry universal enhancements tree. Confusingly, it is found in the DDO Store under "low level adventure packs", but it contains no quests, and is not necessary for this adventure pack.
|Quest Name||Quest Level||Total Favor||Patron|
|Kind of a Big Deal||6/21||4||The Twelve|
|Another Man's Treasure||6/21||5||The Twelve|
|Memory Lapse||6/23||4||The Twelve|
|The Price of Freedom||6/25||5||The Twelve|
|White Plume Mountain||9/32||5||The Gatekeepers*|
|Total||5 Quests||69 Favor|
- * This is one of the few quest packs that has favor with different Patrons.
See Update 39 named items. Includes adaptations of the following sentient weapons which were iconic in the original pen-&-paper module:
- Blackrazor: originally a soul-eating greatsword, weak vs constructs and undead, grants haste, immunity to charms and fear
- Wave: originally a "trident" (now quarterstaff for DDO) with various water powers, dehydrates enemies (half hp)
- Whelm: originally a dwarven warhammer with shockwavey stun, true sight; good vs traditional dwarf enemies
Named items can be upgraded using Schism Shard Crafting
|Originally Posted by (executive producer) on January 30, 2018|
...we are pleased to announce our next classic adventure! An eccentric wizard has hidden three famous Sentient weapons inside of a volcano, and challenged all comers to try to retrieve them. Can you make it through fiendish obstacles and deadly traps? Have you guessed the pack yet? It's White Plume Mountain, a classic 1979 dungeon that was also recently brought to 5th Edition in the Tales from the Yawning Portal book. We'll be giving this intense test of skill the DDO treatment later this summer in an adventure pack that will also feature several other stand-alone dungeons themed around wizards and their arcane environments.
Tales from the Yawning Portal, a 5th edition hardcover published in 2017, includes updated version of the adventure