White Plume Mountain and Other Tales
The Pen-and-paper adventure is a classic dungeon crawl, consisting of 3 separate paths filled with traps, obstacles, puzzles, and fairly powerful monsters, each leading to one of three different sentient weapons hidden at the end of each path.
This is an adventure pack with 5 quests.
- Main quest: The quest giver is in the Hall of Heroes.
- Side quests: The quest givers are located in the Twelve on the east side of the tower, opposite of the entrance to Meridia. The quests grant favor of the Twelve.
|Kind of a Big Deal||6/21|
|Another Man's Treasure||6/21|
|The Price of Freedom||6/25|
|White Plume Mountain||9/32|
Just like most non-expansion content, the quests are free to VIP. A separate purchase called White Plume Mountain Bonus Items contains cosmetics, Sentient XP, and the Falconry universal enhancements tree.
See Update 39 named items. Includes adaptations of the following sentient weapons which were iconic in the original pen-&-paper module:
- Blackrazor: originally a soul-eating greatsword, weak vs constructs and undead, grants haste, immunity to charms and fear
- Wave: originally a "trident" (now quarterstaff for DDO) with various water powers, dehydrates enemies (half hp)
- Whelm: originally a dwarven warhammer with shockwavey stun, true sight; good vs traditional dwarf enemies
| Originally Posted by (executive producer) on January 30, 2018|
...we are pleased to announce our next classic adventure! An eccentric wizard has hidden three famous Sentient weapons inside of a volcano, and challenged all comers to try to retrieve them. Can you make it through fiendish obstacles and deadly traps? Have you guessed the pack yet? It's White Plume Mountain, a classic 1979 dungeon that was also recently brought to 5th Edition in the Tales from the Yawning Portal book. We'll be giving this intense test of skill the DDO treatment later this summer in an adventure pack that will also feature several other stand-alone dungeons themed around wizards and their arcane environments.
Tales from the Yawning Portal, a 5th edition hardcover published in 2017, includes updated version of the adventure