Ruins of Threnal
|450 Requires access to : Ruins of Threnal|
House Deneith and House Kundarak have temporarily joined forces to explore and excavate the Abandoned Keep, a settlement deep in the heart of Xen’drik that has lain abandoned for hundreds of years. But the evil that destroyed the settlement 500 years ago still awaits those foolish enough to dig deep enough below the Abandoned Keep.
Note the additional quests (see below) that do NOT appear in your Adventure Compendium.
The Western Excavation
The Eastern Excavation
The Abandoned Excavation
The final quests, The Abandoned Excavation (aka "Southern"), requires the above two series to be completed in your quest journal. To continue, you must talk to Sal Danek again (quest giver of East series) and ask "Is there more to do here?" This opens Zaveera Halfspear's dialogue to bestowing the last three (southern) quests.
- Bug: Do NOT accept to repeat the Eastern or Western quests if you want to advance to third part! Accepting the quests again will require that you repeat them before continuing.
To repeat, you must talk to Sal Danek (quest giver of East series) first and ask "Is there more to do here?" to reset all 3 quest chains. West and East can be repeated individually, but you cannot get advanced to South series that way.
Farming end rewards
After you've run the chain once, you can repeat this series by running only one of the Western or Eastern quest sub-chain plus the Southern one, and earn an end-reward. To repeat just the Eastern* and Abandoned Excavation (Southern) chains, access the Quest Journal (default L key) and select the area "Threnal" (listed alphabetically under "T"). Under Threnal, highlight the "Eastern Excavation" entry*, scroll to the bottom of the window and click the "Abandon" button. Talk to Sal Danek at the Eastern excavation site, ask to "Repeat the Eastern Excavation quest", and re-complete those three eastern quests. Once the three are complete, go back to Sal Danek and, being careful this time to not select the "repeat quests" option, select the "Is there more to do here?" option. He will then send you to Zaveera Halfspear to (re-)complete the southern excavation chain.
- (* Dropping either the Eastern or Western also drops the Southern and allows the chain to be repeated for end-reward, but the Western is much longer, so most people prefer to drop and re-run the Eastern three quests.)
Note that after completing this story arc 3 times (and every 3rd time thereafter), all named items are offered.
These are all short, walk-up quests that offer neither favor nor end-reward.
- The Giant Lieutenants (Level 9) - The Brute Barracks on the map
- The Giants' Lair (Level 9)
- The Threnal Arena (Level 9)
- The Giants' Supplies (Level 10) - The Flame Lords Haven on the map
People of Interest
- Sal Danek bestow The Eastern Excavation chain (Threnal East), and gives the chain end reward
- Jan Falner bestow The Western Excavation chain (Threnal West)
- Zaveera Halfspear bestow The Abandoned Excavation chain (Threnal South)
- Jalizco Hellios provides transportation back to House Phiarlan Enclave
- Lieutenant Mortz gives you hints about the three giant's caves.
- Trainers for...
- Delver's Canteen (in the northwest corner of the compound) is the local tavern, and the only place in Threnal that is considered a "public zone" (thus pausing things like Guild buffs and Experience Elixirs). It includes a...
- Barkeep for selling/repairs
- Spirit Binder
- Farshifter "back to Stormreach". He sends you next to the Marketplace gate in the southeast corner of House Phiarlan.
- If, instead of using him, you Recall, or run back to the entry point and exit there, you return to the person who sent you here, Jalizco Hellios, in north House Phiarlan.
Quests by Favor
|Quest Name||Quest Level||Total Favor||Patron|
|108In Need of Supplies (west)||18||91||House Phiarlan|
|108The Rescue (west)||18||151||House Phiarlan|
|110Secure the Area (west)||110||121||House Phiarlan|
|209The Library of Threnal (east)||29||92||House Phiarlan|
|210Escort the Expedition (east)||210||182||House Phiarlan|
|210Hold for Reinforcements (east)||210||92||House Phiarlan|
|309The Missing Expedition (south)||39||123||House Phiarlan|
|309Entering the Gate Chamber (south)||39||153||House Phiarlan|
|310The Gate Chamber (south)||310||93||House Phiarlan|
|Total||9 Quests||108 Favor|
Items have 100% chance of appearing on every third completion of the story arc. Weapons, armor and shields are ML 8, most other items are ML 9, Mantle of the Worldshaper is ML 5, Screaming Amethyst Arrows have no ML. All items areunless otherwise noted.
- Accomplice - Cloak: , , ,
- Asbestos Booties - Boots: , ,
- Bracers of Spiderkind - Bracers: — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), with
- Brass Beaver - Ring: , — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3),
- Brilliant Docent of the Dawn - +4 Docent: , — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3),
- Coin Belt - Belt: Command, ,
- Crystal Prism - Necklace: — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), with
- Domus' Cuirass - +5 Breastplate (AB 13, MDB 7),
- Fencer's Garb - +5 Leather Armor: (AB 9, MDB 22), ,
- Fernian Wraps - +4 Handwraps, : , , ,
- Glacial Casque - Helm: ,
- Guard of the Shogun - +5 Heavy Armor: (AB 15, MDB 6) , ,
- Jeweled Hammer - +4 Warhammer: 1.50[1d10], Command, ,
- Kundarak Trooper's Shield - +3 Steel Tower shield: (SB 9), , with
- Mantle of the Worldshaper - Cloak, : , , , (ML: 5, guaranteed to be in the list)
- Penny Whistle - Trinket: — 5 Charges (Recharged/Day:5), ,
- Rabbit Gloves - Gloves: , with
- Ratcatcher - +4 Light crossbow: 1.50[1d8], 17-20x3, ,
- Recoyle - Rune Arm: Force Shot, Maximum Charge Tier: III, , Anathema, Rune Arm Imbue: Force II, Craftable Rune Arm (+4)
- Retribution - +4 Longsword: , , , (requires: Lawful alignment or UMD 20)
- Spectacular Optics - Goggles: , with
- Thanatos Weave - Robe: , , ,
- Theurgic Stave - +4 Quarterstaff: 1.50[2d4], 18-20x2, , , , ,
- 100 +5 Screaming Amethyst Arrows - 100x +5 Arrows: , (No minimum level, Always appears, )