Ruins of Threnal
|Requires access to : Ruins of Threnal|
House Deneith and House Kundarak have temporarily joined forces to explore and excavate the Abandoned Keep, a settlement deep in the heart of Xen’drik that has lain abandoned for hundreds of years. But the evil that destroyed the settlement 500 years ago still awaits those foolish enough to dig deep enough below the Abandoned Keep.
Note the additional quests (see below) that do NOT appear in your Adventure Compendium.
The Western Excavation
The Eastern Excavation
The Abandoned Excavation
The Abandoned Excavation (South) requires the above two series to be completed in your quest journal. Be careful about accepting to redo them if you wanna advance to third part. To continue, you must talk to Sal Danek again (quest giver of East series) and ask "Is there more to do here?" This opens Zaveera Halfspear's dialogue to bestowing quests.
To repeat, you must talk to Sal Danek (quest giver of East series) first and ask "Is there more to do here?" to reset all 3 quest chains. West and East can be repeated individually, but you cannot get advanced to South series that way.
Alternatively, if you're in a public area (non-quest or wilderness; the tavern inside the excavation should do), you can abandon either the Eastern or Western Excavation, which will also drop the Southern Excavation. This allows you to do the side you dropped and the Southern series to repeat for reward, rather than all three. Abandoning the Eastern Excavation is generally the more popular as it is much shorter, the western excavation requires you to hunt down a large number of flesh renders and the last quest in the Eastern excavation can be done simply by afking for 15 minutes.
To repeat just the East and South chains, access the Quest Journal (default "L" key) in a public area and go to the "Threnal" entry. Under Threnal, highlight the Eastern Excavation entry, scroll to the bottom of the window and click the "Abandon" button. Talk to Sal at the Eastern excavation site and re-complete the three eastern quests. Once the three are complete (be careful to not select the "repeat quests" option with Jal) go to Sal Danek and select the "Is there more to do here?" option. He will then send you to Zaveera Halfspear to complete the southern excavation chain.
- The Giant Lieutenants (Level 9) - The Brute Barracks on the map
- The Giants' Lair (Level 9)
- The Giants' Supplies (Level 10) - The Flame Lords Haven on the map
- The Threnal Arena (Level 9)
People of Interest
- Delver's Canteen (in the northwest corner of the compound) is the local tavern, and the only place in Threnal that is considered a "public zone" (thus pausing things like Guild buffs and Experience Elixirs). It includes a...
- Barkeep for selling/repairs
- Spirit Binder
- Farshifter "back to Stormreach". He sends you next to the Marketplace gate in the southeast corner of House Phiarlan. (If you Recall", or run back to the entry point and exit there, you return to the person who sent you here, Jalizco Hellios in north House Phiarlan.)
- Zaveera Halfspear bestow The Abandoned Excavation chain (Threnal South)
- Sal Danek bestow The Eastern Excavation chain (Threnal East)
- Lieutenant Mortz gives you hints about the three giant's caves.
- Jan Falner bestow The Western Excavation chain (Threnal West)
- Jalizco Hellios provides transportation back to House Phiarlan Enclave
- Trainers for...
Quests by Favor
|Quest Name||Quest Level||Total Favor||Patron|
|108In Need of Supplies (west)||18||91||House Phiarlan|
|108The Rescue (west)||18||151||House Phiarlan|
|110Secure the Area (west)||110||121||House Phiarlan|
|209The Library of Threnal (east)||29||92||House Phiarlan|
|210Escort the Expedition (east)||210||182||House Phiarlan|
|210Hold for Reinforcements (east)||210||92||House Phiarlan|
|309The Missing Expedition (south)||39||123||House Phiarlan|
|309Entering the Gate Chamber (south)||39||153||House Phiarlan|
|310The Gate Chamber (south)||310||93||House Phiarlan|
|Total||9 Quests||108 Favor|
Items have 100% chance of appearing on every third completion of the story arc. Weapons, armor and shields are ML 8, most other items are ML 9, Mantle of the Worldshaper is ML 5, Screaming Amethyst Arrows have no ML. All items areunless otherwise noted.
- Accomplice - Cloak: , , ,
- Asbestos Booties - Boots: , ,
- Bracers of Spiderkind - Bracers: — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), with
- Brass Beaver - Ring: , — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3),
- Brilliant Docent of the Dawn - +4 Docent: , — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3),
- Coin Belt - Belt: Command, ,
- Crystal Prism - Necklace: — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), with
- Domus' Cuirass - +5 Breastplate (AB 13, MDB 7),
- Fencer's Garb - +5 Leather Armor: (AB 9, MDB 22), ,
- Fernian Wraps - +4 Handwraps, : , , ,
- Glacial Casque - Helm: ,
- Guard of the Shogun - +5 Heavy Armor: (AB 15, MDB 6) , ,
- Jeweled Hammer - +4 Warhammer: 1.50[1d10], Command, ,
- Kundarak Trooper's Shield - +3 Steel Tower shield: (SB 9), , with
- Mantle of the Worldshaper - Cloak, : , , , (ML: 5, guaranteed to be in the list)
- Penny Whistle - Trinket: — 5 Charges (Recharged/Day:5), ,
- Rabbit Gloves - Gloves: , with
- Ratcatcher - +4 Light crossbow: 1.50[1d8], 17-20x3, ,
- Recoyle - Rune Arm: Force Shot, Maximum Charge Tier: III, , Anathema, Rune Arm Imbue: Force II, Craftable Rune Arm (+4)
- Retribution - +4 Longsword: , , , (requires: Lawful alignment or UMD 20)
- Spectacular Optics - Goggles: , with
- Thanatos Weave - Robe: , , ,
- Theurgic Stave - +4 Quarterstaff: 1.50[2d4], 18-20x2, , , , ,
- 100 +5 Screaming Amethyst Arrows - 100x +5 Arrows: , (No minimum level, Always appears, )