Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Several enhancements and Epic Destiny trees have been changed through game updates. However, not all the information on each Action Boost in this page has been updated accordingly.
Action boosts are available for Heroic character levels 1-20 as class enhancements for Artificers, Barbarians, Bards, Fighters, Paladins, Rangers and Rogues. Boosts are also available as race-restricted options for Humans, Half-Orcs, and Half-elves, as well as characters with Epic levels through an Epic Destiny, such as Legendary Dreadnought. These come in a variety of flavors each improving a different character stat including, but not limited to, attack speed, damage, saving throws, skill checks, and armor class. Characters can gain access to action boosts by spending action points on enhancements or destiny points in Epic Destinies.
- Action boosts typically last 20 seconds with a 30-second shared cooldown between uses.
- Action boosts can be used five times per rest (which is normally a shared pool for groups of action boosts). Some items (e.g. Action Boost Enhancement), classes, races and Epic Destinies have access to enhancements or Epic abilities that increase the number of uses per rest.
List of action boosts
The following list contains Action Boosts that are possessed by various classes, races, or Epic Destinies. Note that Type is not intended to reflect any in-game categorization of action boosts. Instead, it says if the action boost can be obtained by spending action points on a Class, a Racial, or a Universal enhancement tree, or spending destiny points on a Epic Destiny.
|Icon||Action Boost||Type||Description||Obtainable by|
|Antimagic Boost||Class||+2 to +6 Action Boost bonus to saving throws vs. magic and +10 to +30 Action Boost bonus to Magical Resistance Rating.|
|Attack Boost||Class, Racial, Epic Destiny||+4 to +8 (+15 to +25 if ED) Action Boost bonus to attack rolls.|
|Beast at Bay||Class||Activate to gain an action boost for +5 to +15 Armor Class and +7 to +21 Magic Resistance for 20 seconds. Consumes one action boost.|
|Counterattack||Class||On Shield Block: Your next attack within 3 seconds gains +1[W] that may stack up to 3 times.|
|Defense Boost||Class, Racial||+5 to +15 Action Boost bonus to Armor Class and Physical Resistance Rating.|
|Double Shot Boost||Class||+10% to +30% Action Boost bonus to Doubleshot.|
|Double Strike Boost||Class||+10% to +30% Action Boost bonus to Doublestrike.|
|Endless Fusilade||Class||You enchant your crossbow to instantly reload itself for 18 seconds.|
|Energy Resistance Boost||Class, Racial||Activate to gain a +5 to +15 Action Boost bonus to Energy Resistance for 20 seconds.|
|Final Stand||Racial||You and all allies within your aura gain Temporary Hit Points equal to your Intimidate score for twenty seconds. If you are below 50% Health when you use this ability, you gain a +20 Morale bonus to Physical Resistance Rating for 12 seconds.|
|Haste Boost||Class, Universal, Epic Destiny||+10% to +30% Action Boost bonus to attack speed.|
|Heroic Companion||Racial, Universal||Grants an ally +0.25 to +1[W], +2 to +6 to hit and saving throws, 0 to +4% Dodge and 0 to +10 Physical Resistance Rating.|
|Hip Flask||Class||You drink a potion that you've been saving for a special occasion. Heals you for 10d3+30 (scales with 200% Ranged Power) and adds +10 to Dodge and Maximum Dodge for 10 seconds. For the next 60 seconds, you gain +1d6 to all ability scores, and +2d6 to attack and damage.|
|Last Stand||Class||You gain +100% Maximum hit points, +50 Physical and Magical Resistance Rating, and On Attacked: You are healed for 1d10 positive energy healing. This Action Boost does not share a cooldown with other Action Boost abilities, and can be used while helpless.|
|No Holds Barred||Universal||You enchant your crossbow to instantly reload itself for 18 seconds.|
|Orcish Rage||Racial||You become enraged, and gain +40 to Melee Power and a +2 Primal bonus to Strength, but suffer -20 Physical Resistance Rating. Using this ability prevents spellcasting and uncenters you.|
|Power Boost||Class, Racial, Epic Destiny||+10 to +30 Action Boost bonus to Melee and Ranged Power for 20 seconds. Usable 5 times per rest. Cooldown: 30 seconds.|
|Power of the Forge||Racial||+20 to Melee and Ranged Power, +30 to Universal Spell Power, +4 to all Saving Throws, and +10 to Armor Class and Physical Resistance Rating.|
|Rallying Cry||Class, Racial||You and all allies within range of your songs gain +10% to +20% Action Boost bonus to movement speed and +1 to +3 Action Boost bonus to Saving Throws for twenty seconds. This ability can be used while feared, and dispels Fear effects.|
|Saves Boost||Class, Racial||+2 to +6 Action Boost bonus to saving throws, and while the action boost is active, you do not automatically fail a saving throw when you roll a natural 1.|
|Shadow Smoke||Racial||All nearby allies gain +5 to +15 to Hide and Move Silently for 20 seconds.|
|Skill Boost||Class, Racial, Universal||+2 to +6 Action Boost bonus to all skills.|
|Spell Power Boost||Class, Racial||+10 to +30 Action Boost bonus to Spell Power.|
|Sprint Boost||Class, Universal||+30 to +50% Action Boost bonus to run speed.|
|Stand Like Stone||Racial||For a few seconds you gain +10 to +30 Balance, Physical Resistance Rating, and stacking Energy Resistance, but have a 50% penalty to movement speed, sink in water, and cannot fly.|
|Warforged Resolve||Racial||You gain temporary hit points equal to your Repair Skill. If you are below half health, you gain a +2 bonus to all saving throws while these temporary hit points last.|
Abilities similar to action boosts
Some classes have abilities similar to action boosts, but they don't count as such. For example, effects that decrease the cooldown or increase the number of uses of action boosts are not applied to them.
- Inflame: +2 to +4 bonus to armor class, attack rolls, and damage. Can be expanded to also provide bonus to saving throws and energy absorption.
- One Cut: Your currently equipped primary weapon gains x1 Critical Multiplier for 15 seconds, with a cooldown of 60 seconds.
- Possessed by: Kensei
- Power Surge: +8 psionic bonus to all abilities for 60 seconds. If you possess the ability to generate Ki, you gain On Hit: +2 Ki
- Possessed by: Kensei
- Thick Skinned: Activate to take 25% less damage from all sources for 30 seconds. This ability can be used while helpless. This ability used to be an action boost prior to Update 42 Patch 4.
- Possessed by: Legendary Dreadnought
- Unmovable: Activate to gain a +20 Action Boost bonus to to Fortitude and Balance saves for 60 seconds. This ability can be used while helpless. This ability used to be an action boost prior to Update 42 Patch 4.
- Possessed by: Legendary Dreadnought
Reaper Memento abilities
Reaper enhancements available for completing quests on Reaper difficulty offer a mechanics similar to Action Boosts, called Memento abilities. Mementos last for 20 seconds, they are on a 40 second cooldown, and they can be used simultaneously to Action Boost.
All Memento abilities share a single cooldown and a single shared pool of Reaper Charges. Each Memento you have at least one rank in grants an extra Reaper Charge.
|Reaper's Deadly Strikes||Reaper||While in Reaper difficulty, activate to expend one Reaper Charge and gain a +2/4/6 Reaper Bonus to confirm critical hits and critical hit damage for 30 seconds.|
|Reaper's Efficiency||Reaper||While in Reaper difficulty, activate to expend one Reaper Charge and reduce the Spell point cost of your spells by 15/30/45% for 30 seconds.|
|Reaper's Imbuement||Reaper||While in Reaper difficulty, activate to expend one Reaper Charge to gain Ghost Touch, bypass 5%/10%/15% of enemies' Fortification, and bypass 1/2/3% of their Dodge. This lasts for 30 seconds.|
|Reaper's Luck||Reaper||While in Reaper difficulty, activate to expend one Reaper Charge and gain a +5/10/15 Reaper Bonus to Saving Throws for 30 seconds.|
|Reaper's Potency||Reaper||While in Reaper difficulty, activate to expend one Reaper Charge and gain a +1/2/3 Reaper Bonus to Spell DC's for 30 seconds.|
|Reaper's Power||Reaper||While in Reaper difficulty, activate to expend one Reaper Charge and gain a +15/30/45 Profane Bonus to Universal Spell Power for 30 Seconds.|
|Reaper's Resistance||Reaper||While in Reaper difficulty, activate to expend one Reaper Charge and gain a +10/20/30 Profane Bonus to PRR for 30 Seconds.|
|Reaper's Steadfastness||Reaper||While in Reaper difficulty, activate to expend one Reaper Charge and gain a +30/60/90 Reaper Bonus to Fortification and a +10/20/30 Reaper Bonus to Energy Resistance for 30 Seconds.|
|Reaper's Strike||Reaper||While in Reaper difficulty, activate to expend one Reaper Charge and gain a +10/20/30% Reaper Bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot for 20 seconds.|
Additional action boost charges
Few rare abilities and items increase the number of action boost charges.
- Action Boost Enhancement items
- Alchemical Conservation items
- Draconic Reinvigoration: Thunder-Forged tier 3 weapon upgrade
Enhancements and epic destinies
- Artificer's Battle Engineer Tier 2 Extra Action Boost gives (1/2/3) extra action boosts for (2/4/6) AP.
- Barbarian's Frenzied Berserker Tier 2 Extra Action Boost gives (1/2/3) extra action boosts for (1/2/3) AP.
- Fighter's Kensei Tier 1 Extra Action Boost gives (1/2/3) extra action boosts for (2/4/6) AP.
- Fighter's Kensei Core 6 Alacrity gives 4 extra action boosts for 1 AP.
- Dragonborn's Tier 2 Extra Action Boost gives (1/2/3) extra action boosts for (2/4/6) AP.
- Half-Orc's Tier 2 Extra Action Boost gives (1/2/3) extra action boosts for (2/4/6) AP.
- Legendary Dreadnought's Tier 1 Extra Action Boost gives (1/2/3) extra action boosts for (1/2/3) EDP.