Old Baba's Hut
|Requires access to : Mists of Ravenloft|
|Old Baba's Hut|
|Takes place in:||Baba Lysaga's Hut|
|Bestowed by:||Adrian Martikov|
|NPC contact:||Adrian Martikov|
|Quest acquired in:||Blue Water Inn|
|Patron:||Keepers of the Feather|
|Free to Play:||No|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find Baba Lysaga
- Defeat Baba Lysaga
- Flee into Baba Lysaga's Hut
- Find your way out of Baba Lysaga's trap
- Weaken the magic shield around the gem
- Return to the hut a second time
- Navigate your way through the hut
- Destroy the shield around the gem
- Break Baba Lysaga's hold on the hut
Tips and Misc
The clearing - beginning phase
- You begin the raid in a clearing similar to the one in the Ruins of Berez, with Baba Lysaga's hut in the center. Run out toward the hut to start the raid. Baba Lysaga appears and makes a speech about you attempting to reclaim the gem that you stole, she then activates her hut and attacks.
- Baba has 2.3M hit points on Normal, 3.5M on Hard.
- Scarecrows and orange-named wisps will spawn. Electric and Cold damage are high, absorb and resist recommended. Crowd control recommended.
- Note scarecrows/wisps spawn after going into the hut and being kicked back out.
- The hut is invulnerable to damage. It grants a debuff "The Hut Hates You" to whoever has its aggro. It will run around trying to squash people by sitting on them--it does knockback and knockdown and Shock and Awe effects if it sits on you.
- Focus DPS on Baba Lysaga. When she gets to half health she'll go invulnerable and the hut will sit back down. Enter the hut immediately or you'll get eaten by insects. If anyone is killed by the insects, you can ddoor back to the start and get them from inside the hut, but you can't step back out of the hut once you're inside without ddoor. Try not to waste any resources on this initial fight because there is only one shrine and you have to do two lengthy runs through the hut.
Inside the hut, 1st run
- Step through the misty doorway into the hut and there is a shrine immediately inside the hut. This is the ONLY SHRINE in the raid. It is best NOT to shrine on the first entry of the hut because you WILL come back here. On Normal difficulty it should reset by the time you get back, so you can use it twice.
- You'll see two passageways with levers. The levers have to be pulled within about 3 seconds of each other. Your group will need to split up here, you want DPS, CC, and some heals with each side.
- At each hall is a lever with a rune. Pull it to open the door on the opposite hall.
- You now enter a series of rooms with Grim Totems and Totem Shadows that endlessly respawn. Kill the totem to allow the group on the OTHER side to advance and also banish any totem shadows currently active. The barriers will go down one at a time as each side kills their totem. There are 5-6 totems on each side to pass through.
- You'll reach a door that leads into a room with a floor puzzle. Scarecrows will spawn. As long as the scarecrows are alive, the puzzle is locked and cannot be solved. They respawn endlessly. Try to kill all of the scarecrows close together so that there's a good window for solving the puzzle. The puzzle on each side group needs to be complete before you can advance.
- In the next room there is a wall puzzle. Once again, scarecrows will spawn and have to be dropped before the puzzle can be solved. Both groups need to solve their puzzle before you can advance.
- In the next section, you will get giant red-named scarecrows spawning alongside the little scarecrows. The GIANT scarecrows do NOT need to be down for the puzzle to be solved, but if they walk on the puzzle they will move the tiles, so you need to have someone tank the giant scarecrows away from the puzzle while DPS keeps the little scarecrows down.
- Once all puzzles are solved, you will enter a room with a giant magical gem and a magical shield. Giant scarecrows, orange-named dretches, and orange-named wisps spawn. Kill the spawns to take down the magical shield on the gem (supposedly killing them at about the same time lets you damage the shield--it was hard to tell exactly because everyone was just blasting away, so this needs to be confirmed).
- When the magical shield on the gem goes down, you'll be teleported back out to the clearing, where you'll face Baba Lysaga, her hut, and her spawning minions again. Once again, focus DPS on Baba Lysaga, because when she gets to half health you'll re-enter the hut.
Inside the hut, 2nd run
- Run through her hut again. Remember that shrine at the beginning of the hut run--this is the best time to use it (or use it again on Normal).
- Same deal with the Levers, Totems, and Puzzles. You get more spawns this time and also wisps spawn. They don't interfere with the puzzles, but they do damage so it's a good idea to drop them.
- When you finish killing the gem shield the second time, you enter the End Phase fight with Baba Lysaga.
The clearing - end phase fight
- Her hut no longer attacks, but large numbers of red-named scarecrows, orange-named wisps spawn (multiple waves), kill these before attacking Baba.
- When Baba reaches about 90% health, two giant red-named shambling mounds spawn.
- During Boss Fight 3, the Mounds spawn in when Baba is at roughly 90% HP. They spawn out of the water either side of the Hut. It's important to have a rough knowledge of where they spawn in, as you may need to cast ice storm or something similar on the spawn location. Like the other trash mobs in the Boss Fights, the Mounds if left untouched will aggro onto Baba's target.
- The Mounds hit relatively hard and the AOE spiked floor attack they do bypasses dodge (Meld into Darkness). Also once they've charged up (HP debuff), for a while they become very fast moving and hard to kite because of it.
- The Mound which spawns in the East will always charge up first. When a Mound is charging up you need to do approx 40-50% of its max HP in damage to prevent the HP debuff. The HP debuff will also knock you down unless you're immune or make a high reflex save.
- Usually only 1 Mound will charge up at a time, however, they can become synced up if your group wipes and you rez recover. Then both Mounds will charge up as soon as the first person rezes. (From )
- Kill or tank the mounds.
- Once you kill Baba, the raid is over. Congratulations!
- 2 end chests on elite
- Hut Rune drop rates:
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
|Baba Lysaga (NoPic)|
|Grim Totem (NoPic)||Construct||Inanimate Object|
|Dretch (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Giant Scarecrow (view)||Construct||Golem|
|Totem Shadow (view)||Undead||Shadow|
|Will-o-Wisp (NoPic)||Aberration||Will o' Wisp|