This type comprises vegetable creatures. Note that regular plants, such as one finds growing in gardens and fields, lack Wisdom and Charisma scores, and they aren't creatures, but objects, even though they are alive.
A plant creature has the following features. (Unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry.)
- d8 Hit Die.
- Base attack bonus equal to 3/4 total Hit Die. (As Cleric.)
- Good Fortitude saves.
- Skill points equal to (2+Intelligence modifier, minimum 1.) per Hit Die, with quadruple Skill points for the first Hit Die, if the plant creature has an Intelligence score. However, some plant creatures are mindless and gain no Skill points or Feats.
- Low-light vision.
- Immunity to all mind-affecting effects. (Charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects.)
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.
- Not subject to critical hits.
- Proficient with its natural weapons only.
- Proficient with no armor.
- Plants breathe and eat, but do not sleep.
<ncl>Plant type monsters</ncl>
Sources: ©1995-2004 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Revised (3.5) System Reference Document which is considered Open Game Content under the Open Game License. Viewable at: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/20040121a