Entering the Gate Chamber
|Requires access to : Ruins of Threnal|
|Entering the Gate Chamber|
|Takes place in:||The Southern Ruins|
|Bestowed by:||Zaveera Halfspear|
|NPC contact:||Zaveera Halfspear|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Threnal|
|Free to Play:||No|
|Entering the Gate Chamber is the 2nd quest in the 3rd chain,The Abandoned Excavation, in the Ruins of Threnal .|
|The Western Excavation||In Need of Supplies|
|The Eastern Excavation||The Library of Threnal|
|The Abandoned Excavation||The Missing Expedition|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the entrance to the Gate Chamber
- Find and speak with Kharvos Valadan
- Obtain the Gold Key to gain access to the Gate Chamber
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Collapsible floor
- Force beams in Elder Beholder hallway
- Almost all floor vents burst with flame jets
- Floor spikes in gargoyle cage.
Tips and Misc
- Important: You need some form of ranged weaponry with you, otherwise you will not be able to complete the quest at the end. There are two halves of a bridge lowered by using two different levers; the second lever is unreachable*, and must be targeted via a ranged weapon.
- * With Jump at 26 (lower might work?**) and Feather Fall you can jump off the first lowered bridge if you do it from those pointed stone blocks.
- ** even with no investment in jump, it is possible to reach the opposite side with only feather fall.
- Bring Deathblock gear and/or someone to cast Death Ward. Fire resistance is also recommended.
- Head back down to where you picked up the black moon scroll*, you do not need to stop for the cave beholder this time. Head through the gate.
- (* Go right (south) at the start. When you get to the first (four-way) intersection go straight (South). From there, keep going east ("right" on the map); go south when you can, jump down when you can.)
- The gate is still locked, so you need to either pick/knock the lock, or find the Silver key (random location chest, as in the previous quest).
- Shrine up and then clear out the halls, beware the beholder behind the last door. When you pull the lever at the end of the hall it will spawn several mephits, be prepared with fire resistance.
- There is a chest to right in the next hallway - Strength-lever required to get this. Then another chest is located behind a secret door next to where the Iron Golem charges you.
- Be careful when entering the next room, there will be fire reavers above you on the catwalks as well as black puddings around to damage your equipment. Take them out, then range the nearby levers to open the passage underwater to continue.
- Work your way up top and clear out the catwalks, pulling the levers on both sides will open the next door. Be sure to move in together because the door will shut behind you. At the end of the trapped hall is a mean Elder Beholder. Take him out and retrieve the Gold key from a chest. This key unlocks the door back by the Iron Golem. Head through and work your way over the bridge to speak to the man bearing a striking resemblance to Coyle. The quest will automatically advance when you head into the next part.
- Aggression bonus: 67 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 88 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 108 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 81 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 104 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 132 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Four
- One in the shrine room
- One behind a gate, opened via a STR lever
- One behind a secret door
- One at elder beholder (two actually, but the 2nd only contains the key needed to proceed)
- NPC rewards: None