The Missing Expedition
From DDO wiki
|Requires access to : Ruins of Threnal|
|The Missing Expedition|
|Takes place in:||The Southern Ruins|
|Bestowed by:||Zaveera Halfspear|
|NPC contact:||Zaveera Halfspear|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Threnal|
|Free to Play:||No|
- Part 1 of The Abandoned Excavation (Threnal South 1).
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the missing Deneith party
- Pick up the Scroll of the Black Moon
- Slay the Cave Beholder
- Gain access to the ruins
- Access the locked room
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Collapsible floor
- Floor spikes near the first drop-down
- Two flame jets covering two grates just past the first locked door
Tips and Misc
- In the room with the collapsing floor and the seven "bait" chests, the chests are NOT real, so you don't have to waste a lot of time and jumping to try and get to them (it IS possible by jumping onto the ledges on either side of the room but it is pointless).
- Note: Bring deathward/deathblock items as the cave beholder now must be slain to complete the quest. Be sure to kill it along the way as it will be a long run back from the end if you forgot to do so. It can be found in the long dead-end extending south from the cavern tunnels. (Start by going south from the entry point, just follow that tunnel south, you'll come right to it.)
- Knock/Open lock recommended but not required. There are two locked doors which must be opened to proceed. The silver key to the first door will be in a chest which is randomly placed somewhere in the dungeon - if you're lucky you will find it along the way to the end. If not check the map for other possible locations. The 2nd one - the jeweled key can be found in a chest just past the secret door, guarded by ice flensers. Neither are required if you can knock or lock-pick the doors.
- Note this quest has been heavily nerfed over the years and no longer features any shrines, loot, or optionals, so try to be efficient and stick to the main path as it can be quite long if you get lost.
- Aggression bonus: 56 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 73 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Chests: None containing loot. Two containing keys that will be required to proceed if you do not have knock or open lock.
- NPC rewards: