Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the missing Deneith party
- Pick up the Scroll of the Black Moon
- Slay the Cave Beholder
- Gain access to the ruins
- Access the locked room
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Overlapping map
- Collapsible floor
- Floor spikes near the first drop-down
- Two flame jets covering two grates just past the first locked door
Tips and Misc
- Knock/Open lock speed up the quest but not required. There are two locked doors which must be opened to proceed. The silver key to the first door will be in a chest which is randomly placed somewhere in the dungeon - if you're lucky you will find it along the way to the end. If not check the map for other possible locations (see below). The 2nd one (the jeweled key) can be found in a chest just past the secret door, guarded by ice flensers. Neither are required if you can knock or lock-pick the doors.
- Note this quest has been modified over the years, and no longer features any shrines, loot, or optionals, so try to be efficient and stick to the main path as it can be quite long if you get lost.
- The main path is as follows:
- Go right (south) at the start.
- When you get to the first (four-way) intersection go straight (South) then at the second four-way turn right you reach the mandatory Beholder (see next).
- From there, keep going east ("right" on the map); go south when you can, jump down when you can.
- If looking for the key(s), know that the northwest tunnels (everything north and west of the 4-way intersection (above the long dead-end) on the map) form a loop, doubling over/under each other just south of the start. When you get to a blind crossing on the map, look up - if you see something that looks like "reinforcements" on the roof above you, that shows that a different tunnel passes over you there. Either path that leads east of that intersection advances to the quest via the south path from the T-intersection.
- The cave beholder must be slain to complete this quest (but not the next one, which uses the same map). Bring deathward/deathblock items.
- Be sure to kill it at the start as it will be a long run back from the end if you forgot to do so. It can be found in the long dead-end extending south from the cavern tunnels. (Just turn right at the start, head south, and then keep south at the 4-way intersection, easy.)
- In the room with the collapsing floor and the seven "bait" chests, the chests are NOT real, so you don't have to waste a lot of time and jumping to try and get to them. (It IS possible by jumping onto the ledges on either side of the room, but it is pointless). You do have to drop down to continue, so don't worry if you fall.
- Aggression bonus: 56 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣170 ♦302 ♥317 ♠332 )
- Onslaught bonus: 73 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣255 ♦453 ♥476 ♠498 )
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.( ♣170 ♦302 ♥317 ♠332 )
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.( ♣136 ♦242 ♥254 ♠266 )
- Chests: None containing loot. Two containing keys that will be required to proceed if you do not have knock or open lock.
|Baby Glass Spider (view)
|| ♦1Normal ♥2Hard ♠5Elite OR From Egg: ♦1Normal ♥1Hard ♠1Elite;
|| ♦14Normal ♠19Elite ●♦20Epic Normal ●♠66Epic Elite
|Black Pudding (view)
|| ♥9Hard ♠11Elite
|Flesh Render (view)
|| ♦12/14Normal ♥14Hard ♠17Elite
|Glass Spider Queen (view)
|| ♦8Normal ♥10Hard ♠14Elite
|Granite Gargoyle (view)
|| ♦8Normal ♥10Hard ♠13Elite ●♦22Epic Normal
|Ice Flenser (view)
|| ♦14Normal ♠19Elite
|Large Earth Elemental (view)
|| ♦5Normal ♥7Hard ♠9Elite
|Mephit of Fernia (view)
|| ♦9Normal ♥11Hard ♠14Elite
|Rust Monster (view)
|| ♦3Normal ♥5Hard ♠7Elite
|Thaarak Hound (view)
|| ♦10Normal ♥12Hard ♠15Elite ●♦21Epic Normal ●♠44Epic Elite