Summons 1 Monster from 3 choices: Fiendish Monstrous Spider, Greater Ice Mephit, Lantern Archon, to fight for you for 10 minutes. You can only have 1 summoned creature of any type serving you at a time.
- Summoning a new creature of any type from another spell will return the previous one to its home plane. You may sometimes have multiple summons through the use of certain unique clickies or enhancements, but not any of the summon monster X line.
- This spell has no timer associated, so you have to figure out yourself how much summoning time remains. On the plus side, the summoned creature won't disappear through rest. It will even persist a minute after the caster leaves the instance, but immediately disappear is the caster dies. The summoned Monster cannot be given orders nor use ladders, climb walls, or jump off platforms, however it will teleport to you if it cannot reach you and is very far away. It is affected by beneficial and detrimental spells much like any Hireling or party member.
- It's often more efficient spell-points wise to summon a new creature than to heal an existing one; your Hirelings will unfortunately do the latter!
- Casting time is much longer than other spells of the same level.
Summoned Creature notes:
All summoned creatures are CR 6.
- Fiendish Monstrous Spider: web, ranged acid damage, tremor sense.
- Greater Ice Mephit: breath of cold, flying (harder to hit), Immune to cold, vulnerable to fire, Mephit fast healing
- Lantern Archon: Resistant to Cold and Fire, Immune to Electricity, DR/Cold Iron + Evil, Nimbus of Light, Searing Light (highest damage dealer of Summon Monster IV but useless once SP is gone), can cast Cure Moderate Wounds (Either casting Cure Light or Cure Moderate wounds, need to verify which it is without healing amps)[Unverified" (Either casting Cure Light or Cure Moderate wounds, need to verify which it is without healing amps)" has not been verified in-game. Please verify it!] on the summoner, making this the only summoned creature that will (unreliably) heal the caster.