There's now a newas the old one was hacked and deleted.
House Kundarak's chief engineer is missing. Only the mightiest heroes can hope to rescue him.
|Requires access to : Ruins of Threnal|
|Takes place in:||The Western Excavation|
|Bestowed by:||Jan Falner|
|NPC contact:||Jan Falner|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Threnal|
|Free to Play:||No|
Rescue Chief Engineer Derward inside the Western Excavation.
|The Rescue is the 2nd quest in the 1st chain,The Western Excavation, in the Ruins of Threnal .|
|The Western Excavation||In Need of Supplies|
|The Eastern Excavation||The Library of Threnal|
|The Abandoned Excavation||The Missing Expedition|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find Derward and escort him to the dungeon exit
- Protect Derward from attack
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Protect an NPC (mandatory)
- Quest failure (if Derward dies)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- 1 Secret door (required) to be found and opened to complete the quest: Secret Door DCs
- Two flaming grates in the floor shoot fire; one control panel on the east wall before the second grate disables both. Just avoid walking on the grates and you're fine.
Tips and Misc
- Useful elemental buffs:
- This quest is a slightly tougher than the previous one.
- Follow the path as in the previous quest, clearing as you go. Watch behind you, as more mobs will follow you than last quest.
- Once again, glass spiders can really ratchet up the threat level if not dealt with quickly.
- Past the first large room, watch the floor grates - they are fire traps, so disarm or avoid. Note the only shrine (for this quest) behind the door at this intersection.
- The door to the northern section of the map is shut, with no way to open it.
- Go left/south, find the secret door, kill the flesh render, and pull the lever. Go further south and into the door that has now opened. Loot the chest.
- A Spot of 1 and Search of 2 on Elite was sufficient to find the; Secret door (required).
- Talk to Derward and take him back to the dungeon entrance, which also serves as the exit. Mobs will have respawned along the way, so keep him buffed and try and get the person who talked to him to hang back behind the fighting. If he dies, you fail.
- Derward can be buffed and healed.
- Don't ignore monsters in side tunnels - Derward may volunteer to go and "clear those out" on his own.
- If you have trouble keeping Derward alive, make sure no one talks to him once you get to his room. Empty the chest, then clear back to the entrance without him. It is, however, possible to tell Derward to "stay here" if you wish to clear it out in stages. Alternatively, he ambles along fairly slowly, often turning around and going back a few steps before figuring out where he's supposed to go, so if you're quick, he may have a hard time catching up while you deal with the monsters (which is a good thing).
- Aggression bonus: 58 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 75 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 92 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: One in the room with Derward
- Collectables: Two
- Alchemy Table near the secret door
- Alchemy Table in the room with Derward
- NPC rewards: None, until after completing the third quest in the Western Excavation.
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Baby Glass Spider ( view • )||OR From Egg: ;||Vermin||Spider|
|Black Widow ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Darkfang Spider ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Fire Mephit ( view • )||OR Summoned by another mephit:||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Flesh Render ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Gargoyle ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Gargoyle|
|Glass Spider Queen ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Glass Spider ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Greater Fire Mephit ( view • )||OR Summoned by another mephit:||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Greater Sand Mephit ( view • )||Earth Outsider||Mephit|
|Large Earth Elemental ( view • )||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Ochre Jelly ( view • )||Ooze||Ochre Jelly|