Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
In Need of Supplies
|In Need of Supplies is the 1st quest in The Western Excavation,|
the 1st chain in the Ruins of Threnal story arcStory arcs are chains of quests that make up a story line.
Completing all the quests in a story arc often yields a nice reward..
|The Western Excavation||In Need of Supplies|
|The Eastern Excavation||The Library of Threnal|
|The Abandoned Excavation||The Missing Expedition|
A thick layer of dust and cobwebs covers the floor and walls of the excavation. It seems less like a new project than one recently resumed.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|In Need of Supplies|
|Heroic XP:||♣444Solo/Casual ♦780Normal ♥820Hard ♠860Elite|
|Takes place in:||The Western Excavation|
|Bestowed by:||Jan Falner|
|NPC contact:||Jan Falner|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Threnal|
|Purchase:||Ruins of Threnal or VIP|
Enter the Western Excavation and take supplies to Chief Engineer Derward's excavation group. Jan Falner can be found in the Ruins of Threnal Adventure Area, at the excavation site located southwest of the entrance area. Jan is south of the tavern (Delver's Canteen) near the quest entrance.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Deliver the supplies to Derward
- Kill enough monsters to establish a safe route for future supplies – 30 total
What to Expect
- Gather your party before venturing forth mechanics
Tips and Misc
- No piking – all party members must be present at the end to finish the quest.
- Derward: "Before we can continue, we must make sure everyone can make it safely to this point."
- Derward will say the same thing if 30 monsters have not yet been killed. Everyone must gather at Derward after that quota is met.
- Useful elemental buffs:
- You do not need to explore the whole map – there are more than enough enemies to complete the quest if you follow the path straight down to Derward (by pushing "left" at every intersection).
- There are several glass spiders and glass spider queens – if not dealt with, they can quickly raise the alert level on you with their hatched eggs.
- The western portion of the map, beyond Derward, is blocked off (for this quest).
- Aggression bonus: 26 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣44 ♦78 ♥82 ♠86 )
- Onslaught bonus: 34 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣67 ♦117 ♥123 ♠129 )
- Conquest bonus: 41 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣111 ♦195 ♥205 ♠215 )
- Notes: To get the Onslaught or Conquest bonus, you'll need to explore the side caverns as well, and kill virtually everything in the quest.
- Chests: None
- NPC rewards: None, until after completing the third quest in the Western Excavation.
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Baby Glass Spider ( view • edit )||♦1Normal ♥2Hard ♠5Elite OR From Egg: ♦1Normal ♥1Hard ♠1Elite;||Vermin||Spider|
|Black Pudding ( view • edit )||♦7Normal ♥9Hard ♠11Elite||Ooze||Black Pudding|
|Brown Spider Prince ( view • edit )||♦5Normal ♥8Hard ♠10Elite||Vermin||Spider|
|Darkfang Spider ( view • edit )||♦5Normal ♥7Hard ♠10Elite||Vermin||Spider|
|Glass Spider Queen ( view • edit )||♦8Normal ♥10Hard ♠14Elite||Vermin||Spider|
|Glass Spider ( view • edit )||♦3Normal ♥5Hard ♠8Elite||Vermin||Spider|
|Greater Fire Mephit ( view • edit )||♦6Normal ♥8Hard ♠11Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♥27Epic Hard OR Summoned by another mephit: ♠6Elite||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Greater Salt Mephit ( view • edit )||♦6Normal ♥8Hard ♠11Elite ●♦19Epic Normal||Earth Outsider||Mephit|
|Greater Sand Mephit ( view • edit )||♦6Normal ♥8Hard ♠11Elite||Earth Outsider||Mephit|
|Huge Ochre Jelly ( view • edit )||♦8Normal ♥10Hard ♠10Elite||Ooze||Ochre Jelly|
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Short quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 3 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 8 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > Ruins of Threnal quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > Ruins of Threnal quests > The Western Excavation quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > House Phiarlan patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by story arc > The Western Excavation chain quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests with no traps