In Need of Supplies
A thick layer of dust and cobwebs covers the floor and walls of the excavation. It seems less like a new project than one recently resumed.
|Requires access to : Ruins of Threnal|
|In Need of Supplies|
|Takes place in:||The Western Excavation|
|Bestowed by:||Jan Falner|
|NPC contact:||Jan Falner|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Threnal|
|Free to Play:||No|
Enter the Western Excavation and take supplies to Chief Engineer Derward's excavation group. Jan Falner can be found in the Ruins of Threnal Adventure Area, at the excavation site located southwest of the entrance area. Jan is south of the tavern (Delver's Canteen) near the quest entrance.
|In Need of Supplies is the 1st quest in the 1st chain,The Western Excavation, in the Ruins of Threnal .|
|The Western Excavation||In Need of Supplies|
|The Eastern Excavation||The Library of Threnal|
|The Abandoned Excavation||The Missing Expedition|
- Deliver the supplies to Derward
- Kill enough monsters to establish a safe route for future supplies - 30 total
What to Expect
- Gather your party before venturing forth mechanics
Tips and Misc
- No piking - all party members must be present at the end to finish the quest.
- Derward: "Before we can continue, we must make sure everyone can make it safely to this point."
- Derward will say the same thing if 30 monsters have not yet been killed. Everyone must gather at Derward after that quota is met.
- Useful elemental buffs:
- You do not need to explore the whole map - there are more than enough enemies to complete the quest if you follow the path straight down to Derward (by pushing "left" at every intersection).
- There are several glass spiders and glass spider queens - if not dealt with, they can quickly raise the alert level on you with their hatched eggs.
- The western portion of the map, beyond Derward, is blocked off (for the this quest).
- Aggression bonus: 26 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 34 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 41 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Notes: To get the Onslaught or Conquest bonus, you'll need to explore the side caverns as well, and kill virtually everything in the quest.
- Chests: None
- Collectables: None
- NPC rewards: None, until after completing the third quest in the Western Excavation.
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Baby Glass Spider ( view • )||OR From Egg: ;||Vermin||Spider|
|Black Pudding ( view • )||Ooze||Black Pudding|
|Brown Spider Prince ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Darkfang Spider ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Glass Spider Queen ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Glass Spider ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Greater Fire Mephit ( view • )||OR Summoned by another mephit:||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Greater Salt Mephit ( view • )||Earth Outsider||Mephit|
|Greater Sand Mephit ( view • )||Earth Outsider||Mephit|
|Huge Ochre Jelly ( view • )||Ooze||Ochre Jelly|