Secure the Area
From DDO wiki
Dark creatures lurk in the shadows of these ruins, preying on the workers of Kundarak. You must defend this place against attack.
|Requires access to : Ruins of Threnal|
|Secure the Area|
|Takes place in:||The Western Excavation|
|Bestowed by:||Jan Falner|
|NPC contact:||Jan Falner|
|Quest acquired in:||Ruins of Threnal|
|Free to Play:||No|
Go back to the western excavation and defeat all demons.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Defeat all flesh renders inside the Western Excavation - 35 total
- Defeat Zelnath, the Ice Flenser
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Rune (optional: requires an INT17 check)
- Lever (optional: requires a STR17 check)
- Same fire grates as before, although now there are more of them; one control panel on the eastern wall before the southernmost grate, but, again, only for those nearest two. Just don't walk on the others.
- Spinning blades in the northernmost room, activated by a lever on the southeast wall
Tips and Misc
- Useful buffs:
- Cold resistance
- Fire resistance
- Poison resistance/immunity
- You'll need to kill (almost?) all the Flesh Renders in the quest, so you'll want to explore and clear any side-passages you skipped earlier.
- A balanced group may split up in an effort to speed up the quest.
- In the large north-central room, your next path will lead east - the lever outside the northeast shrine opens the path west. That lever (to the west) will then open the path north.
- You may choose to encounter Zelnath, the Ice Flenser, up the stairs in the northeast room (with a chest), before completing the "Defeat all flesh renders..." objective. This is a required objective, but it alone will not complete the quest.
- You will see/hear the DM Text: (Dungeon Master): An unnaturally icy draft swirls up from the stairs.
- After defeating him, two Flesh Renders will spawn at the bottom of the stairs.
- For the western chest and shrine, the outer lever requires a STR check of 17 (on Elite), which will access the chest, and the inner rune requires an INT check of 17 (on Elite), to access that shrine.
- There are no Flesh Renders in that chest room (only gargoyles), so the Str/Int requirements are not critical to quest completion.
- Once again, watch out for the Glass Spiders ratcheting up the alert level.
- The lever on the southeast wall of the northernmost room will activate several spinning blade traps. A Flesh Render will be standing on each one. This means a stealthy character can activate the traps and easily clear out the room.
- Aggression bonus: 55 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 72 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 88 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 57 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 74 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 91 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Four, & one w/ no "loot" (see below)
- One in the room north of the second shrine, behind a locked door (southwest corner)
- One in the room north of the second shrine, on top of boxes near a lever (southeast corner)
- One in the room to the northeast, with Zelnath
- One in the northwest room with the rune and shrine (STR 17 required to open the door; INT rune not required)
- (and one more in the northernmost room; only contains the Threnal Ceremonial Blade, required for the The Threnal Arena mini-quest)
- Collectables: Four
- Alchemy Table near the secret door
- Alchemy Table in the room where Derward was in the previous quest, opened by the lever behind the secret door
- Alchemy Table in the corner east of the large central room
- Alchemy Table in the room to the north off the western corridor
- NPC rewards: Random +4/+5 items (choose from ten, plus Mystical Goblet and renown)
|Zelnath (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Baby Glass Spider (view)||OR From Egg: ;||Vermin||Spider|
|Fire Mephit (view)||OR Summoned by another mephit:||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Flesh Render (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Gargoyle (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Gargoyle|
|Glass Spider Queen (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Glass Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Granite Gargoyle (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Gargoyle|
|Greater Fire Mephit (view)||OR Summoned by another mephit:||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Large Earth Elemental (view)||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Ochre Jelly (view)||Ooze||Ochre Jelly|