Legendary Tempest's Spine
The mountains of Tempest's Spine are home to a storm giant, Sor'jek the Summoner. He does not take kindly to unexpected guests.
|Legendary Tempest's Spine|
|Heroic XP:||See Tempest's Spine|
|Takes place in:||Tempest's Spine|
|Bestowed by:||Dagobard Kell|
|NPC contact:||Dagobard Kell|
|Quest acquired in:||House Jorasco|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Sor'jek Incanni is seeking to create an army of Giants and other creatures, promising to return the Giants to the glory days of the Stormreaver. Travel to Tempest's Spine and stop the Storm Giant's plans.
Note: unlike the heroic version, this one has 3 days raid lockout timer. No flagging is required.
- Defeat the storm giant summoner, Sor'jek Incanni
- (Optional) Purge the Mountaintop of foes (30 total) — Bonus (20%): Epic
- (Optional) Obtain access to the rune in the Lair of Fire and Ice — Bonus (10%): Epic
- (Optional) Obtain access to the rune hidden in The Flooded Tunnel — Bonus (10%): Epic
- (Optional) Obtain access to the rune in the Bridge to the Inevitable — Bonus (10%): Epic
- (Optional) Kill Ranger A'tchkar — Bonus (10%): Epic
- (Optional) Kill Wizard Llyndarus — Bonus (10%): Epic
- (Optional) Kill Sorcerer Vyikkus — Bonus (10%): Epic
- (Optional) Kill Zerisenz — Bonus (10%): Epic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Puzzle (mandatory: tile puzzle)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Rune (mandatory: requires an INT check of )
- Levers (mandatory: require a STR check of )
- Item checklist: Enhancement, Exceptional, Insight, Quality, Psionic +6 (Warforged Titan Cookie/Gloves of Titan's Grip), Alchemical +4 (Tenser's Transformation), Profane up to +4 (Litany/Epic Litany/set items/Abishai Cookies), Yugo Pot +2, Madstone Boots (untyped) +2, Store pot +2
- Buff checklist: Morale bonus +2/+5 (Rage/Primal Scream), Competence +2 (Bard Inspire Excellence)
- Locked doors (can be knocked/picked or can be skipped by going outside. There is an exterior entrance at roughly 2 o'clock on the mountain that leads inside behind the locked door.)
- Monsters that have to be killed almost simultaneously (mandatory: 2, a Fire Reaver and an Ice Flenser)
- Spinning Blades
- Spikes (Rune that opens the dark barrier after defeating A'tchkar)
- Acid (Bridge to Inevitable)
- Poison (Bridge to the Inevitable)
Tips and Misc
- Aggression bonus: 168 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: Nine minimum, thirteen possible
- Two in the lair of Fire and Ice.
- One just before underwater swim for killing Clay Golem.
- One for killing a Clay Golem in a pocket to the right of the underwater swim.
- One to the left side of the first Beholder encounter for killing the Clay Golem.
- One near the shrine for killing the first Beholder.
- One near resurrection shrine for killing the Inevitable.
- Two after slaying Sor'jek Incanni for completion of the quest. (Only one chest drops Tempest Runes and raid loot)
- Four possible red-named bosses that can spawn a chest each.
- Tempest Rune drop rates -
- NPC rewards: Standard, no 20th list mechanic