Legendary Hound of Xoriat
|Legendary Hound of Xoriat|
|Heroic XP:||Hound of Xoriat|
|Takes place in:||Beneath The House Jorasco Enclave*|
|Bestowed by:||Niara Tonant|
|NPC contact:||Niara Tonant|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Xy'zzy, a mad creature from Xoriat, has come to Stormreach and made the Subterrane her lair. Gather your friends and destory the beast before her madness infects the entire city.
Note: This raid is significantly harder than the heroic version, and requires a significant amount of planning to successfully complete on higher legendary difficulties.
- Defeat Xy'zzy, Mother Hound of Xoriat
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest item collection (mandatory)
- Teamwork and task assignment
Tips and Misc
It is important to prioritize the role of the charmer (the player that uses the control stones) and the role of main tank/chew toy.
Required Charmer attributes at higher difficulties:
- As many Druid Past Lives as possible
- The feat Augment Summoning or an item that grants it, such as an upgraded Necklace of Mystic Eidolons
- As many of the Summon Boosting passives and toggles from Primal Avatar as possible
Required Buffs at higher difficulties:
- Greater Heroism
- Heroic Companion from the Harper tree (or Halfling Tree).
- Any other buffs that enhance attack speed, STR, or Damage
- A high level bard specializing in buffs for Bardic Inspiration and Sharp Note
- If the charmer is a druid, several spells (such as Harrowing Pack or Pack Aptitude) will increase the speed at which you can take down Xy'zzy. Note: The spell Animal Growth can not affect the smaller hounds, as they are Outsiders and not Magical Beasts.
The ultimate Charmer would be level 30 (each epic level gives summons/charmed monsters a stacking buff) with at least 7 warlock levels (Fortify Summons, Imbue Summons, Displace Summons from the Enlightened Spirit tree, plus the Haste spell) and 11 druid levels (Harrowing Pack, Pack Aptitude, and Tenacious Pack), have Harper Leadership and Heroic Companion (Harper tree), be in the Magister Epic Destiny (Grand Summoner enhancement, Sigils), have Natural Shielding (tier 2) and The Oncoming Storm (tier 3) twisted in from the Primal Avatar Epic Destiny, the feats Augment Summoning and Improved Augment Summoning, have 3 druid past lives, and have the 3 piece set bonus from the Cry of Battle filigrees in your main hand weapon, with a Bard friend to sing at them once charmed.
NOTE: Consecration with Crusade, Summer Smoke, Supple as Spring, and all Bardic Ballad buffs, do NOT apply to the pups. forum post
The raid takes place over several semi-distinct "rounds" that are marked as the time between when the Mindflayers spawn in each corner. As the stones only last a few minutes, it is important to ensure that buffs are applied to the small hounds as fast as possible. The monsters that spawn will attempt to first kill any players in the border halls, and then will attempt to enter the center where Xy'xxy is fighting. If a beholder's anti-magic field is able to hit a charmed dog, it will wipe the charm from the hound.
- Chests: Three total, 2 standard and 1 warded
- Xorian Rune drop rates -
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Drone of Xy'zzy ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Guardian of Xy'zzy ( view • )||Aberration||Beholder|
|Keeper of Xy'zzy ( view • )||Aberration||Mind Flayer|
|Protector of Xy'zzy ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Spawn of Xy'zzy ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Watcher of Xy'zzy ( view • )||Aberration||Beholder|
|Wrath of Xy'zzy ( view • )||Aberration||Beholder|
|Xy'zzy ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|