Introduced in Update 26, the Warlock class creates Eldritch Blasts to destroy enemies in addition to a variety of arcane spells to aid them in their adventures. Charisma is their casting stat for spell DCs and spell points.
Design intention of the class is toward concentrating mostly on its Eldritch Blast ability and ways to manipulate other arcane blasts in various ways. While the Warlock does have spell abilities, they are closer to a ranged character than a traditional caster. It is a regular class, not race-specific iconic one.
Alignment: Any - but being Lawful and/or Good restricts your pact options
Hit die: d6
- Skill points at 1st level: (2 + Intelligence modifier) x4
- Skill points at each additional level: 2 + Intelligence modifier
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies
|Past Life: Warlock||Gives +3 MRR, this feat can be stacked up to three times.|
|Past Life: Delver of the Forbidden||You recall more about your past life as a Warlock. You gain +3 to your Spellcraft skill. You can confuse an enemy for 12 seconds (no saving throw). This can be used ten times per rest.|
- Eldritch Blaster
|Table: The Warlock||Warlock Spells|
|Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fortitude Save||Reflex Save||Will Save||Auto-Granted Feats||Eldritch Blast Damage||Pact Damage||Spell Points||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th|
|1st||+0/+0||+0||+0||+2||Eldritch Blast, Pact Choice, Magical Training, Light armor proficiency, Simple weapon proficiency||1d6||-||50||1||-||-||-||-||-|
|2nd||+1/+1/+6||+0||+0||+3||Deceive Item, Pact Spell||1d6||1d4||75||2||-||-||-||-||-|
|4th||+3/+3/+8/+13||+1||+1||+4||Eldritch Blast, Pact Save Bonus +1||2d6||2d4||125||2||1||-||-||-||-|
|6th||+4/+4/+9/+14||+2||+2||+5||Pact Special Ability||2d6||3d4||175||2||1||-||-||-||-|
|8th||+6/+6/+11/+16||+2||+2||+6||Eldritch Blast, Pact Save Bonus +2||3d6||4d4||225||2||2||1||-||-||-|
|12th||+9/+9/+14/+19||+4||+4||+8||Eldritch Blast, Pact Save Bonus +3, Paragon's Aegis||4d6||6d4||325||2||2||2||1||-||-|
|14th||+10/+10/+15/+20||+4||+4||+9||Pact Spell, Paragon's Aegis||4d6||7d4||375||2||2||2||2||1||-|
|15th||+11/+11/+16/+21||+5||+5||+9||Pact Special Ability||4d6||7d4||400||2||2||2||2||1||-|
|16th||+12/+12/+17/+22||+5||+5||+10||Eldritch Blast, Pact Save Bonus +4, Paragon's Aegis||5d6||8d4||425||2||2||2||2||1||1|
|20th||+15/+15/+20/+25||+6||+6||+12||Eldritch Blast, Pact Save Bonus +5, Paragon's Aegis||6d6||10d4||525||2||2||2||2||2||2|
- Eldritch Blast (Stance): Eldritch Blast deals 1d6 damage at level 1, and increases by +1d6 at Warlock level 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20; for a total of 6d6 at level 20. The base damage is Force, though enhancements can change this to Evil (will affect evil enemies) or Piercing. The base Eldritch Blast scales with 130% spell power, but different shape or essences can change this percentage.
- Pact Choice: Choose between Fey, Fiend, or Great Old One; this will affect what alignment you can be, your save bonus, extra spells, special abilities, and extra damage for your Eldritch Blast (see Table below).
- Deceive Item: UMD +5; increases to +10 at Level 13.
- Pact Damage: +1d4 extra damage to your Eldritch Blast based on your pact (see below); this will increase by +1d4 every even Warlock levels, for a total of 10d4 at level 20.
- 1st-level Pact Spell: Receive a bonus 1st-level spell in your spellbook based on your pact (see below); this is in addition to the spells you can already learn, and cannot be changed (similar to the spontaneous casting of healing spells by clerics and repair spells by artificers).
- Pact Save Bonus: +1 to a save based on your pact (see below); increases by +1 at Warlock levels 8, 12, 16, and 20.
- 2nd-level Pact Spell.
- Special Ability: Gain a special ability based on your pact (see below).
- 3rd-level Pact Spell.
- 4th-level Pact Spell.
- Special Ability: Gain a second special ability based on your pact (see below).
- 5th-level Pact Spell.
- 6th-level Pact Spell.
Every Warlock chooses one of the three Pacts at character creation: Fey, Fiend, or Great Old One. This defines the source of the Warlock's power and determines several variables for the Warlock's development. The choice is permanent. As of Update 36 Patch 3, Pacts have been made a type of Bond.
|Variable||Acquired at Level||Fey||Fiend||Great Old One||Celestial||Abyss||Carceri Storm|
|Alignment Restriction||(character creation)||None||not be Good||not be Lawful||must be Good||not be Good||None|
|+1d4 every even level
(= total 10d4 at Lvl 20)
|Pact Damage Save||-||Reflex||Fortitude||Will||Will||Fortitude||Reflex|
|Pact Save Bonus||+1 at 4, 8, 12, 16 and 20
(= total +5 at Lvl 20)
|1st-level Spell||Level 2||Obscuring Mist||Command||Entangle||Bless||Mage Armor||Merfolk's Blessing|
|2nd-level Spell||Level 5||Blindness||Rage||Knock||Soundburst||Spawn Screen||Gust of Wind|
|First Special Ability||Level 6||Dark Delirium: (Daze Monster:
10% chance damage breaks;
no save; works on orange-named)
|Dark One's Luck:
(+2 to all saves)
+5 PRR and +1 to all Saves
+5 PRR and +5 MRR
+10% Cold Absorption
|3rd-level Spell||Level 9||Slow||Fire Shield||Phantasmal Killer||Magic Circle Against Evil||Halt Undead||Sleet Storm|
|4th-level Spell||Level 14||Greater Dispel Magic||Binding Chain||Dominate Person||Prayer||Death Aura||Ice Storm|
|Second Special Ability||Level 15||Misty Escape:
(Abundant Step-like ability)
|Hurl through Hell1:
(Charm Monster variant)
Attempt to obliterate an Undead, or severely weaken any non-Undead foe. Undead must succeed on a Will save vs DC (15 + Warlock level + Charisma mod) or be destroyed. Undead who fail this save, or enemies who are not undead, instead are terrorized and have their Magical Resistance Rating reduced by 10 for 6 seconds.
|Channel the Abyss:
Channel the Abyss: Shroud yourself in the Abyss, which will grant you unholy power at a cost. You gain +2 Charisma, +10 Negative Healing Amplification, and +10 Negative Spell Power. You have +100% critical hit resistance, are healed by Negative Energy, take 50% healing from Positive Energy, and take double damage from Light. You are considered Undead rather than your original type for the purposes of most effects.
Attempt to lock a single enemy in ice permanently. Enemies must succeed on a Will save vs DC (15 + Warlock level + Charisma Mod) or be forever trapped in solid ice. Enemies made of fire will instead be destroyed with no save. Does not affect bosses.
|5th-level Spell||Level 17||Otto's Sphere of Dancing||Power Word: Blind||Mass Suggestion||Holy Aura||Symbol of Pain||Niac's Biting Cold|
|6th-level Spell||Level 19||Otto's Irresistible Dance||Howl of Terror||Power Word: Kill||Freedom of Movement||Rend the Soul||Greater Creeping Cold|
- 1: Hurl through Hell does not work on bosses, and may not be relevant at all in a boss fight, though is a powerful single-target "insta-kill".
- ²: Create Thrall does not work on bosses, may not be relevant at all in a boss fight, and is a single-target "charm" which is quite often not liked by some party members in non-reaper difficulties. However it has a higher than normal DC and is very effective in Reaper at turning champions into player friendly wrecking balls.
- A warlock casts warlock spells, which are drawn from the Warlock spell list.
- A Warlock must choose and prepare his spells in advance (see below).
- To prepare or cast a spell, a warlock must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a warlock's spell is 10 + the spell level + the warlock's Charisma modifier.
- Like other spellcasters, a warlock can prepare only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day.
- His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Warlock.
- The Arcane Spell Failure from light armor (but not shields) is ignored by Warlocks when casting Warlock spells. The Enlightened Spirit Tier IV enhancement extends this benefit to medium armor.
- See also spell usefulness.
- - Official Turbine Discussion