The Chamber of Raiyum
King Raiyum once commanded a legion of soldiers from across the planes. His kingdom is buried beneath the sands, but Raiyum himself rests not so peacefully.
|Requires access to : Demon Sands|
|The Chamber of Raiyum|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Wizard-King|
|Bestowed by:||Miroc Thrice-Born|
|NPC contact:||Miroc Thrice-Born|
|Quest acquired in:||Zawabi's Refuge|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
This is one of the required quests in the Against the Demon Queen story arc. You must retrieve the Phylactery of Raiyum and bring it to Zawabi. Delivering the phylactery is necessary in order to get flagged for the pre-raid (Against the Demon Queen).
This quest is often referred to by its location, "The Tomb of the Wizard King", or just "Wizard King" (or "Wiz King" for short).
- Find the wizard-king's burial chamber
- Clear the entrance chamber of enemies (Kill 20 Gnolls)
- Retrieve the Scorpion Crest
- Open the sealed doors
- Destroy Raiyum, the Wizard-King
- Retrieve the Phylactery
- (Optional) Defeat the Akvan the Djinni — Bonus (25%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Mehrdad the Djinni — Bonus (25%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Rahab the Efreeti — Bonus (25%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Destroy Hafez the Lion — Bonus (50%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Destroy Hami the Jackal — Bonus (50%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Den Mother Yheeroua — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Eternal Gatekeepers (Defeat 8) — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Find a way into the treasure chamber — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
- Traps (random)
- Collapsing floors
- Overlapping floors
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Runes (optional: require INT checks)
- Locked Shrine x2/Treasure room (INT rune: 13 on all difficulties) (Addendum 3 Oct 2015: INT 17 was insufficient on hard, 19 was sufficient)
- Randomly placed quest items (Seal of Fire, on the bottom floor and Phylactery of Raiyum on the top central floors)
Falling floors, spinning blades and acid traps.
There are potentially 23 different traps in this dungeon. only about half of them will spawn in any given instance. (This appears to be random.)
Permanent ransack xp bug
- Any optionals completed after the quest main objective has been completed will incur a permanent ransack penalty that will not go away until you do a class, racial or iconic TR (starting over with a new character with all favor/quests reset). This applies for all quests in the game.
- A common practice in parties for this quest is to split up to do all 3 towers simultaneously, if someone kills Raiyum first before the other optionals are completed and picks up the phylactery, completing the quest, the other optionals will incur a permanent ransack penalty, 20% each time this is done. There is no known method to reset this penalty other than to do a TR that also resets all favor, quests, etc.
- To avoid this, the person who kills Raiyum usually waits till all other optionals are completed before picking up the phylactery, and if they want the loot in the treasure chamber, dimension doors or backtrack to get it.needs verification
Tips and Misc
- Raiyum, Hafez and Hami are located randomly. If you have 18+ intelligence, you can read ancient epigraphs on the way and tell which one is waiting ahead on that wing of the dungeon. (texts here)
- There is a small invulnerable fire mephit called Jabib the Torchlighter on the bottom floor that will occasionally say where Hafez and Hami's tombs are located.
- (Say): Jabib the Torchlighter says, Jabib must remember to go to the southern wing and dust Hami's tomb.
- (Say): Jabib the Torchlighter says, Jabib must remember to go to the northern wing and dust Hafez's tomb.
- You can instantly slay Akvan the Djinni with the Seal of the Soul from The Chamber of Rahmat
- You can instantly slay Mehrdad the Djinni with the Seal of the Heavens from The Chamber of Kourush
- There's a seal in this quest itself (underground floor, the Seal of Fire) to avoid fighting Rahab the Efreeti.
- Raiyum, the Wizard-King can be a tough boss (unless you immediately hit him with disintegrate spells). To defeat him you'll need to prepare your melees with cold resistance as he has a permanent ice shield effect, or slay him with magic: though doing so is difficult since he is immune to all spells fourth level or lower, as well as all spells that deal cold or electric damage. The only real functional spells you can use if you do this at-level are Disintegrate and Divine Punishment. On epic difficulty you could use some higher level acid/fire/healing spells as well.
- The treasure chamber is located in the lower part of the map, right in the center near the two optional shrines (INT 9-12 required to get in here). However, It is warded by a flame barrier - to lower the barrier you need to light the three skulls above it. Each skull represents a red named boss: One for Hami, one for Hafez and one for Raiyum. Defeat all 3 to lower the barrier and gain the treasure.
- You'll also want to do this on Epic Difficulty, since the epic chest (which contains the shards needed for the item upgrades) is located in the treasure room.
- Players often refer to the locations where Raiyum, Hafez and Hami are to be found as towers and split the party members between towers: Tower 1 is on the north side, Tower 2 is on the west side and Tower 3 is on the South side.
- To get to Tower 1 go north (at the gnoll chest with the crest) and then north again past the door with the skeleton lever.
- To get to Tower 2 go south (at the gnoll chest with the crest) and then turn west at the door with the skeleton lever.
- To get to Tower 3 go south (at the gnoll chest with the crest) and then south again where the path splits. You'll be heading up the curling passage in the SW corner of the map to pull the lever. Then when leaving this area proceed straight to be on the Tower 3 path.
- Epic: Having curse potions is necessary for the final fight, since Raiyum's Wraiths will inflict an anti-healing curse if they hit you.
- Everyone in the party, regardless of whether they are in the actual quest, will receive a phylactery once it is picked up.
- Aggression bonus: 216 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 283 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 345 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 117 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 153 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 188 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: It seems since the amount of traps is random, trap bonuses can vary.
- Chests: 8-11, some are random spawns. +1 on Epic difficulty
- 1 for killing Akvan, the Djinni
- 1 for killing Mehrdad, the Djinni
- 1 for killing Rahab, the Efreeti
- 1 for killing Raiyum, the Wizard-King
- 3 for finding a way into the treasure chamber
- The epic chest is also located here, thus you must clear the whole quest to get the chest/token
- 1-4 randomly placed throughout the dungeon
- NPC rewards: Random item (up to 10 level weapons, 11 level accessories)
Named Chest Drop
||10||The Chamber of Raiyum, Treasure Room Chest|
||10||The Chamber of Raiyum, Treasure chamber chest|
||Vambraces of Inner Light||Full Plate||
||10||The Chamber of Raiyum, One of the 3 chests in the Treasure chamber|
||Bracers of Deftness||Bracers||
||11||The Chamber of Raiyum, chest in the treasure chamber in the center of the tomb's lowest floor|
||11||The Chamber of Raiyum, Treasure chamber chest|
||Hand of the Tombs||Rune Arm||9||The Chamber of Raiyum, Treasure Chamber|
||Spectacles of Spirit Sight||Goggles||
||11||The Chamber of Raiyum, Treasure Room Chest|
||Bejeweled Letter Opener||Dagger||
||10||The Chamber of Raiyum, Treasure Room Chest|
||Adherent's Pendant||Necklace||11||The Chamber of Raiyum, Vault room|