The Chamber of Raiyum
|The Chamber of Raiyum is the 3rd quest in the Against the Demon Queen .|
|The first three quests can be completed in any order to unlock Against the Demon Queen (quest).|
|Flagging occurs by collecting dedicated items rather than completing these quests.|
|An Offering of Blood • Chains of Flame • The Chamber of Raiyum • Against the Demon Queen • Zawabi's Revenge|
King Raiyum once commanded a legion of soldiers from across the planes. His kingdom is buried beneath the sands, but Raiyum himself rests not so peacefully.
|Requires access to : Demon Sands|
|The Chamber of Raiyum|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Wizard-King|
|Bestowed by:||Miroc Thrice-Born|
|NPC contact:||Miroc Thrice-Born|
|Quest acquired in:||Zawabi's Refuge|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Purchase:||Demon Sands or VIP|
The wizard Miroc Thrice-Born has evaded death for many lifetimes, but now he nears the end of his days. He has concocted a plan to force Zawabi the Elder Djinn to grant him a new life. To do this, someone must weaken the spells that Wizard-King Raiyum used to bind Zawabi. Plunder the Tomb of the Wizard-King and slay the lich Raiyum. At the moment of Raiyum's demise, Miroc Thrice-Born will command Zawabi to do his will.
Everyone in the party, regardless of whether they are in the actual quest, will receive a Phylactery of Raiyum once it is picked up. This is one of the three items required for the Demon Queen raid.
This quest is often referred to by its location, "The Tomb of the Wizard King", or just "Wizard King" (or "Wiz King" for short).
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Find the wizard-king's burial chamber
- Clear the entrance chamber of enemies (Kill 20 Gnolls)
- Retrieve the Scorpion Crest
- Open the sealed doors
- Destroy Raiyum, the Wizard-King
- Retrieve the Phylactery
- (Optional) Defeat the Akvan the Djinni — Bonus (25%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Mehrdad the Djinni — Bonus (25%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Rahab the Efreeti — Bonus (25%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Destroy Hafez the Lion — Bonus (50%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Destroy Hami the Jackal — Bonus (50%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Den Mother Yheeroua — Bonus (10%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Eternal Gatekeepers (Defeat 8) — Bonus (30%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Find a way into the treasure chamber — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
- Collapsing floors
- Overlapping floors
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Runes (optional: require Intelligence checks)
- Locked central Treasure room with 4 shrines (INT rune: 12 on all Heroic and Epic difficulties)
- Stone tablets; that can be deciphered by clicking upon them, giving clues to location of Raiyum, Hafez and Hami, require INT 18
- Randomly placed quest items (Seal of Fire, on the bottom floor and Phylactery of Raiyum on the top central floors)
- Collapsing floors, spinning blades, wall spikes, acid traps and sonic.
There are potentially 23 different traps in this dungeon, but only about half of them will spawn in any given instance. (This appears to be random.)
Tips and Misc
- Someone that can disable traps, a rogue is handy but not necessary.
- Cold Resist (for melees, see below); Remove Curse and Remove Disease for Mummy Rot; Blur or Displacement to avoid mummy's touch.
- Undead bane weapons. (Ghost Touch is not necessary, except (of course) on Reaper difficulty.)
- Dimension Door is very handy for quickly getting from one end-chamber back to the start to begin the next tower, or to get to the Treasure Room from Raiyum's chamber (which does not collapse).
- Raiyum, Hafez and Hami are located randomly. If you have 18 intelligence, you can read some (Stone tablets) ancient epigraphs on the way and tell which one is waiting ahead on that wing of the dungeon. (texts here)
- There is a small invulnerable fire mephit called Jabib the Torchlighter on the bottom floor that will occasionally say where Hafez and Hami's tombs are located.
- (Say): Jabib the Torchlighter says, Jabib must remember to go to the southern wing and dust Hami's tomb.
- (Say): Jabib the Torchlighter says, Jabib must remember to go to the northern wing and dust Hafez's tomb.
- The Scorpion Crest opens the two doors on the upper path, north and south. The crest drops next to the Scorpion Socket once all gnolls on the main floor have been killed. This will be accompanied by a Dungeon Master announcement to "Hurry, for the Wizard King awaits!".
- Players often refer to the locations where Raiyum, Hafez and Hami are to be found as towers and split the party members between towers: Tower 1 is on the north side, Tower 2 is on the west side and Tower 3 is on the South side.
- To get to Tower 1 go north (at the gnoll chest with the crest) and then north again past the door with the skeleton lever.
- To get to Tower 2 go north (at the gnoll chest with the crest) and then turn west at the door with the skeleton lever.
- To get to Tower 3 go south (at the gnoll chest with the crest) and then south again where the path splits. You'll be heading up the curling passage in the South-west corner of the map to pull the lever. Then when leaving this area proceed straight to be on the Tower 3 path.
- The path up each tower follows a general pattern: face skeletons, mummies and traps. Pull levers or enter rune-rooms to open the way forward (and which often seal for a claustrophobic fight with a guardian mummy!). When you come to a large, open room, stick to the wall as the floor will collapse. Pull a lever – then go back to a newly opened path and repeat the above pattern to get to one of the 3 bosses.
- Once the boss is killed, the floors in the chambers for The Jackal and The Lion collapse, sending the party to the ground floor. There is a small square in the middle of the room that remains solid. The floor for Raiyum does not collapse.
- In the final chambers for The Jackal and The Lion, by using the [select next interactable] key, you can see a chest behind a wall. This chest can only be accessed from Raiyum's chamber.
- Picking up the Scepter of Raiyum ends the quest (with the exception of "Find the Treasure Chamber" optional). If you want full experience, slay the Jackal and the Lion before picking up the Scepter.
- You can instantly dismiss Akvan the Djinni with the Seal of the Soul from The Chamber of Rahmat
- You can instantly dismiss Mehrdad the Djinni with the Seal of the Heavens from The Chamber of Kourush
- There's a seal in this quest itself (underground floor, the Seal of Fire) to avoid fighting Rahab the Efreeti.
- Raiyum, the Wizard-King can be a tough boss (unless you immediately hit him with disintegrate spells). To defeat him you'll need to prepare your melees with cold resistance as he has a permanent ice shield effect, or slay him with magic: though doing so is difficult since he is immune to all spells fourth level or lower, as well as all spells that deal cold or electric damage. The only real functional spells you can use if you do this at-level are Disintegrate and Divine Punishment. On epic difficulty you could use some higher level acid/fire/healing spells as well.
- The treasure chamber is warded by a flame barrier – to lower the barrier you need to light the three skulls above it. Each skull represents a red named boss: One for Hami, one for Hafez and one for Raiyum. Defeat all 3 to lower the barrier and gain the treasure.
- The treasure chamber is located in the lower part of the map, right in the center near the two optional shrines. INT 12 runes required to get in here. From the entrance, go straight and down, between the two ramps. Go right/north (fewer traps) and then bear left.
- On Epic Difficulty, the Epic chest (which contains the epic crafting ingredients) is located in the treasure room.
- Epic: Having Remove Curse potions is necessary for the final fight, since Raiyum's Wraiths will inflict an anti-healing curse if they hit you.
- Aggression bonus: 216 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 281 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 345 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 9 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 117 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 153 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 188 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: It seems since the amount of traps is random, trap bonuses can vary. Given numbers are a good guess.
- Chests: 8–11, +1 on Epic difficulty
- 1 for killing Akvan, the Djinni
- 1 for killing Mehrdad, the Djinni
- 1 for killing Rahab, the Efreeti
- 1 for killing Raiyum, the Wizard-King
- 3 for finding a way into the treasure chamber
- The epic chest is also located here, thus you must clear the whole quest to get the chest/token
- 1–4 randomly placed throughout the dungeon
- Collectables: 10 plus some random
- Crude Altar a bit north of the northern sealed door
- Crude Altar lower ring, north west corner
- Adventurer's Pack lower ring, west antechamber of shrines
- Crude Altar lower ring, very west alcove
- 2 Alchemy Tables with each Djinn (6 total)
- Randomly located Crude Altars
- NPC rewards: Random item (up to 10 level weapons, 11 level accessories)
Named Chest Drop
||Hand of the Tombs ( )||Rune Arm||9||The Chamber of Raiyum, Treasure Chamber|
||Silken Mail ( )||Chainmail||
||10||The Chamber of Raiyum, Treasure chamber chest|
||Vambraces of Inner Light ( )||Full Plate||
||10||The Chamber of Raiyum, One of the 3 chests in the Treasure chamber|
||Bejeweled Letter Opener ( )||Dagger||
||10||The Chamber of Raiyum, Treasure Room Chest|
||Sirocco ( )||Long Sword||
||10||The Chamber of Raiyum, Treasure Room Chest|
||Adherent's Pendant ( )||Necklace||11||The Chamber of Raiyum, Vault room|
||Bracers of Deftness ( )||Bracers||
||11||The Chamber of Raiyum, chest in the treasure chamber in the center of the tomb's lowest floor|
||Spectacles of Spirit Sight ( )||Goggles||
||11||The Chamber of Raiyum, Treasure Room Chest|
||Mysterious Ring ( )||Ring||
||11||The Chamber of Raiyum, Treasure chamber chest|