All adventure packs are free for a limited time! Until April 23, use the code
DUNGEONCRAWL in the DDO Store to unlock a plethora of free quests!
More info: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-free-dungeoncrawl
Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
The Chamber of Kourush
Kourush the Astrologer was Raiyum's chief advisor. When the Wizard-King passed on, Kourush was entombed to serve him in the afterlife.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|The Chamber of Kourush|
|Heroic XP:||♣820Solo/Casual ♦1,433Normal ♥1,500Hard ♠1,566Elite|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Astrologer|
|Bestowed by:||(Wilderness area walk-up)|
|NPC contact:||Wayfinder Skavyr|
|Quest acquired in:||Sands of Menechtarun|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Purchase:||Demon Sands or VIP|
When exploring the Menechtarun, you located the Tomb of the Astrologer. Legend has it that Kourush the Astrologer was murdered and buried by the Wizard-King, Raiyum, at the same time that Raiyum himself achieved lich-hood. Search the tomb for Kourush's burial chamber and the treasures it must hold.
- This is a walk-up quest and the reward NPC is located in Zawabi's Refuge - northwest of the bank.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Explore the tomb
- Destroy Kourush the Astrologer
- (Optional) Take the Seal of the Heavens — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣82 ♦143 ♥150 ♠157 )
- (Optional) Destroy 25 Servants' Coffins (Kill 25) — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣82 ♦143 ♥150 ♠157 )
- (Optional) Destroy 10 Guardian Mummies (Kill 10) — Bonus (20%): Heroic( ♣164 ♦287 ♥300 ♠313 )
- (Optional) Kill Packmaster Ruuh-Ooru — Bonus (15%): Heroic( ♣123 ♦215 ♥225 ♠235 )
- (Optional) Kill Zheeregh the Summoner — Bonus (15%): Heroic( ♣123 ♦215 ♥225 ♠235 )
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed quest item (mandatory: seal)
Tips and Misc
- Mummies are prevalent; be sure to bring plenty of Remove Curse and Remove Disease potions to combat the Mummy Rot (alternatively, a Disease Immunity item will block it; however, they will still cast their Mummy's Curse which makes healing 50% less effective, so Remove Curse clickies/potions are still a good idea).
- The two western corridors mostly have hyenas and gnolls, although mummy guardians may spawn from the sarcophagi at the top of the stairs; after that, however, you're facing undead.
- There are two shrines in the quest; one is always in the center, while the other is located in one of several random locations around the eastern loop.
- The sarcophagi may contain a Guardian Mummy, which will spawn upon breaking. Note: Even after the optional is completed, you may still encounter several more.
- The coffins may similarly contain a skeleton which will spawn upon breaking. Note: Some of them are hidden in niches in the eastern corridor.
- Kourush will appear in a random location around the eastern loop; the DM will give you an audio clue ("Kourush the Astrologer rises from his slumber and shambles toward you.") when you near the one containing him, giving you a chance to avoid him if you need the second shrine or are pursuing bonuses. Also, you have to break his sarcophagus, giving you a chance to fight any mummies in the room first – just beware fighting near it!
- The potential chambers (including the one where he is) will contain several sarcophagi, which will break upon entering the room; mummies might appear from them. Note: These do NOT count towards your breakables bonus; if you want that, you will need to target the sarcophagi from outside the room and break them from a distance.
- His chest can be looted before fighting him; the Seal of the Heavens will spawn upon Kourush's demise. It's Bound to CharacterBound to Character: This item is Bound to Character; only one appears per party/instance of the quest but the optional XP is acquired by everyone.
- Aggression bonus: 74 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣82 ♦143 ♥150 ♠157 )
- Onslaught bonus: 96 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣123 ♦215 ♥225 ♠235 )
- Conquest bonus: 118 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣205 ♦358 ♥375 ♠392 )
- Mischief bonus: 34- or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.( ♣66 ♦115 ♥120 ♠125 )
- Vandal bonus: 45 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.( ♣82 ♦143 ♥150 ♠157 )
- Ransack bonus: 56 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.( ♣123 ♦215 ♥225 ♠235 )
- Chests: Two
- One in the center of the map, near the first shrine
- One in Kourush's chamber
- Collectables: Five
- Adventurer's Pack in the north room
- Crude Altar halfway down the eastern passage
- Crude Altar further south
- Adventurer's Pack still further south
- Adventurer's Pack in the middle of the southern corridor
- NPC rewards: Random +3–7 item; choose from 7 or guild renown. Talk to Wayfinder Skavyr in Zawabi's Refuge for your reward.
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Entombed Slave ( view • edit )||♦7Normal ♥9Hard ♠12Elite||Undead||Zombie|
|Eternal Hunter ( view • edit )||♦10Normal ♥12Hard ♠15Elite ●♦21Epic Normal ●♥29Epic Hard ●♠44Epic Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Eternal Warrior ( view • edit )||♦10Normal ♥12Hard ♠15Elite ●♦21Epic Normal ●♥29Epic Hard ●♠44Epic Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Eternal Wizard ( view • edit )||♦10Normal ♥12Hard ♠15Elite ●♦21Epic Normal ●♥29Epic Hard ●♠44Epic Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Kourush the Astrologer ( view • edit )||♦11Normal ♥13Hard ♠16Elite||Undead||Mummy|
|Menechtarun Ghast ( view • edit )||♦12Normal ♥14Hard ♠17Elite ●♦22Epic Normal ●♠45Epic Elite||Undead||Ghast|
|Menechtarun Ghoul ( view • edit )||♦6Normal ♥8Hard ♠11Elite||Undead||Ghoul|
|Menechtarun Hyena ( view • edit )||♦6Normal ♥8Hard ♠11Elite ●♦17Epic Normal ●♥24Epic Hard ●♠36Epic Elite||Animal||Hyena|
|Mummy Guardian ( view • edit )||♦10Normal ♥12Hard ♠15Elite ●♦20Epic Normal ●♥28Epic Hard ●♠43Epic Elite||Undead||Mummy|
|Mummy ( view • edit )||Undead||Mummy|
|Ruuh-Ooru ( view • edit )||♦12Normal ♥14Hard ♠17Elite||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Windlasher Ascetic ( view • edit )||♦8Normal ♥10Hard ♠13Elite ●♠44Epic Elite||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Windlasher Berserker ( view • edit )||♦10Normal ♥12Hard ♠15Elite ●♦21Epic Normal ●♥29Epic Hard ●♠44Epic Elite||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Windlasher Evoker ( view • edit )||♥10Hard ♠13Elite ●♦20Epic Normal ●♥28Epic Hard ●♠43Epic Elite||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Windlasher Harrier ( view • edit )||♦10Normal ♥12Hard ♠15Elite ●♦21Epic Normal ●♥29Epic Hard ●♠44Epic Elite||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Windlasher Shaman ( view • edit )||♦8Normal||Gnoll||Gnoll|
|Zheeregh ( view • edit )||♦12Normal ♥14Hard ♠17Elite||Gnoll||Gnoll|
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Quests with no traps
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > Demon Sands quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Long quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 6 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 11 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > Zawabi's Refuge quests > Sands of Menechtarun quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > The Free Agents patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Tomb of the Astrologer quests