Monstrous Humanoid type
This article is underlinked:
This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. Please help improve this article by adding links that are relevant to the context within the existing text. (February 2016)
Monstrous Humanoids are similar to humanoid, but with animalistic or monstrous features. They often have magical abilities too.
General examples include...
- Hag (Forest Hags only, others are Evil Outsider type)
See list below for specific examples in DDO
A Monstrous Humanoid has the following features.
- d8 Hit Dice.
- base attack bonus equal to total Hit Dice (as Fighter).
- Good Will and Reflex saves.
- Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.
A Monstrous Humanoid possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Proficient with all simple weapons and any weapon it is described as using.
- Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types.
- Monstrous Humanoids not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Monstrous Humanoids are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
- Monstrous Humanoids eat, sleep, and breathe.
<ncl>Monstrous Humanoid type monsters</ncl>
Sources: ©1995-2004 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Revised (3.5) System Reference Document which is considered Open Game Content under the Open Game License. Viewable at: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/20040121a