|Requires access to : Disciples of Rage|
|Takes place in:||Jorasco Hospital|
|Bestowed by:||D'naria L'roshal|
|NPC contact:||D'naria L'roshal|
|Quest acquired in:||House Jorasco|
|Free to Play:||No|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find 'Vulkoor's Gift'
- Gain Favor of the three Elders
- Collect Luminous Mushrooms (5)
- Return the Mushrooms to Elder T’raalen
- Pass the Hunter's Trials
- Hunter's Trial: Intelligence
- Hunter's Trial: Cunning
- Return to Elder L'roshal
- Pass the Warrior’s Trial
- Warrior's Trial: Defeat the Umber Hulks
- Return to Elder K'nath
- Find the temple Gate Lever
- Enter the Drow Temple
- Defeat the Cult of Rage Invaders
- (Optional) Kill Captain Ranimar — Bonus (5%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Find the Ornate Mithral Lock — Bonus (5%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat Mrr’Dred the Drow-Slayer — Bonus (5%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Defeat the Sulatar Raiding Party — Bonus (4%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
Invisible ladders "Handholds" in the rock faces
- Bear traps in the jungle to the south
- Blade traps down one of the pits in the optional (accessed by picking lock and activating a small button) in the Warrior's Challange (Elder K'nath) cave. The Control Panel to disable it is located in the other (non-trapped) pit.
Tips and Misc
- Poison resist is helpful against scorpions throughout.
- Fire resist is helpful in the western caves, against drow casters and salamanders.
- The usual precautions for the end-fight beholder.
You enter the quest on the far right/east side of the map.
- For the first optional, turn right before the Guard, down the tunnel.
- A short swim, then search at the end of the tunnel for an already visible secret door outline.
- Kill Captain Ranimar to get the Ornate Mithral Key, accessing the first optional
- Minor bug: "Ornate Mithral Lock" supposedly appears in a "random" spot in the quest but it has never been reported found. The "key" that Captain Ranimar drops is not an item, so it will not show in anyone's pack. The key is working as intended, according to devs.
- Talk to the guard, and proceed straight to the village past the red barrier.
- Around the edges of the Drow village, find the three "elders" (aka friendly scorrow), who will each give you a different task.
- You may speak to the elders and complete their tasks in any order, but upon task completion they are referred to in the order listed below ("first elder", etc.).
Elder T'raalen - Search for the Luminous Mushrooms
- south edge the village, just west of the shrines
- Go south out of the village, through the opening in the gate there; the "jungle to the southeast" is actually a labyrinth of twisting paths, with many splits and dead ends, and (visible) bear traps, poor visibility and few landmarks. Keep your eyes open for side trails (and bear traps, and the mushrooms), and push southeast, killing some Harpies as you go.
- You will come across a named Black Panther, Mrr'Dred the Drow-Slayer. Kill for 5% bonus XP.
- Fungus patches and Mushroom collectables in random places - don't confuse them for the 5 glowling mushrooms.
- If you get lost, or can't find all 5 mushrooms, use the "right- (or left-) hand rule" - carefully keep the "wall" of the jungle paths to your same side, always taking every turn in that direction, and you will eventually go through the whole thing back to the start again.
Elder L'roshal - Complete the Hunter's Trial
- eastern edge of village, just east of the shrines
- Speak to Elder L’roshal - He gives you two tasks; you must finish the Intelligence trial (puzzles) before you can attempt the Cunning trial (combat).
- Solve 2 'Simon-Says' style puzzles. This unlocks the northern barrier to the final puzzle.
- Pull the lever and pay attention to which runes light up, and then hit the runes in the same order. You must do it three times, for 3, 4, and then 5 runes. The next starts immediately after you solve the last.
- To reset a pattern, just press any "wrong" rune, and pull the lever again to start over from 3 runes.
- Solve a 4×5 inverted "Lights Out" button puzzle, i.e. the aim is "light up" all the Runes for this specific Hunter's Trial puzzle. This will open the barrier to the east, for the combat part of this trial.
- If all tiles are unlit, you can follow the path indicated by red arrow in the solution image
- Note that since this is a 4×# puzzle, you can use the standard 4×4 technique of starting at one side of the puzzle and working your way across the # columns stepping on whichever tiles in your current row will turn on the tiles on the adjacent row in the opposite direction you are moving and then back, if needed.
- If it can't be solved, you can flip a lever at the back of the room, which disables a random button into the on position.
- This also summons either an air elemental or trial adversary (invisible stalker) that you have to kill in order to use the lever again. Two summons experienced on HE.
- You can use the lever infinitely, but have to kill the two summoned creatures before pulling it again.
- You can use the monastery of the scorpion puzzle solver as it is the same size. However you must enter the puzzle in reverse or it will turn all lights off not on. So a light for a dark tile. You can thank Kitster of argo for this find =)
- Enter the now accessible area for the Cunning Trial.
- Kill the trash mobs (twig, vine, and needle blights) and the named Massive Shambling Mound.
- Speak to L'roshal to gain his favor.
Elder K'nath - Complete Warrior’s Challenge
- western edge of village
- There is a "Marker Scorpion" patrolling the cave which is not a combatant.
- Optional chest:
- If you can unlock the Locked "Small button" on the scorpion statue, in the first offshoot to the right (north) as you come in, the center of that area collapses when you then press the button; drop down.
- There is an invisible ladder "handholds" back up at the west end of this next level, where you just dropped down; a Spot check will tell you that "(Spot) It looks like you could climb the wall here." There is also sometimes another message "(Spot) You notice this section of Wall is rife with usable handholds.".
- There are 2 pits, one with a blade and a lever at the bottom - drop all the way down the other to a trap Control Panel.
- To get back up, climb the ladder at the bottom and make a small jump to a raised area to the right of the top of that ladder. There, against the north wall, is an area "rife with usable handholds", aka a second invisible ladder (it looks like a slightly lighter colored vertical stripe). Climb back up.
- Drop down the other, pull the lever and take the reverse gravity up, pushing west to loot a Locked chest.
- Bug: If you do not push west on the way up, it's possible to get stuck against the roof in the reverse-gravity area, and not be able to get down.
- Loot the locked chest which has appeared to the west, then go back past the trap control panel pit and climb the wall (invisible ladder) out. You should be climbing the "handhold" ladder on the west wall, that ends up near to the scorpion statue with the "Small button" to get out.
- At the first four-way intersection, the hulks start. They are located randomly in side tunnels, and two can spawn in the same tunnel; check every tunnel, all the way to the end.
- South is the lever you need(!) to pull to open the temple gate, and a shrine.
- A short distance farther west is the second four-way intersection. (An NPC guard may be here to remind you what you're doing.)
- Optional objective: South is the Sulatar raiding party behind a fire barrier.
- There is an invisible ladder "handholds" (east wall) up on the left as you enter the chamber with the pool "(Spot) This section of the wall looks like it could be scaled with a bit of effort.". Swim underwater to the lever to turn off the wall. Climb up, kill raiding party and Priestess, loot the Chest.
- After you're done (and if he's there), talk to the Village Guard for a teleport to the entrance to the cave.
- Speak to K'nath to gain his favor.
Enter the Temple
- The final path leads from the southwest of the village; speak to the guard to lower the barrier.
- Deal with the guards in the compound and proceed through the waterfall. You will have an opportunity to heal/buff up again before the end fight.
- Kill the beholder Xig Zit Zarlag and trash mobs (Hateful Stares and Disciple Siphons).
- This fight can be particularly tough and you will need to manage the Hateful Stares trash, released in waves as the beholder loses health. They don't have much for spike damage but they spam their missiles rapidly and the damage is not blockable. If they are not managed properly their collective damage can take strong characters down, even after the beholder is dead.
- Glitterdust May instakill eyes who fail to make a successful will save LE DC46-Failed - DC64-Instakilled all eyes
- Other forms of blindness can also instakill the eyes. See Blinded to see more options.
- Bug: If you release and re-enter, the boss fight may not re-open, rendering the quest incompletable.
- The end chests unlocks after you collect the "Vulkoor's Gift".
- Aggression bonus: 110?? or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 117 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 14 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 18 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 22 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Three
- One locked in Umber Hulk cave after unlocking button and taking reverse gravity up
- One for defeating the Sultar raiding party
- One in temple at the end of the quest
- Collectables: at least 7
- at least 3 Fungus in the jungle
- At least 1 Fungus / 2 Mushrooms in the Umber Hulk cave
- 1 Fungus in Massive Shambling Mound area
- 1 Adventurer's Pack just outside of the Village near the jungle entrance.
- NPC rewards: random loot.
Bug: If, after completing all 5 quests, you close the arc reward list without choosing something, that list is not offered again you lose that reward.